Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Have Been the Side Effects of Same-Sex Marriage/Civil Unions In Your Area?
I Haven't Noticed Any Effect. 38 55.07%
Our Quality-of-Life Has Decreased. 8 11.59%
Our Quality-of-Life Has Improved. 8 11.59%
I Don't Live in One of the Affected States and Should NOT Weight in on the Issue. 15 21.74%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2007, 10:06 PM

485 posts, read 1,648,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sous777 View Post
And there is evidence from the APA, universities, and other unbaised entities .
Oh yea, they are all unbiased, and free from inaccuracies. Hello?

Old 05-18-2007, 10:27 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,955,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
But all in the seas or in the rivers that do not have fins and scales, all that move in the water or any living thing which is in the water, they are an abomination to you." (Leviticus 11:10)
"They (shellfish) shall be an abomination to you; you shall not eat their flesh, but you shall regard their carcasses as an abonination(Leviticus 11:11)"Whatever in the water does not have fins or scales; that shall be an abomination to you." (Leviticus 11:12)
http://www.fallwell.com/images/line.gif (broken link)
So there you go. Give me your bible quotes (which Im sure you have some), and we shall have a great discussion.
Romans 1:24-32

Old 05-18-2007, 10:48 PM

179 posts, read 119,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
Oh yea, they are all unbiased, and free from inaccuracies. Hello?
And exactly what proveable science is there to corroborate the story of your bible?

Atleast these organizations have study upon repeatable study to back up their claims. Christianity doesn't.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:58 PM

How does this make them unbiased? When a person begins a "study" with a certain outcome in mind to prove his theory, you have bias. Universities are most definitely not unbiased based on my own personal experiences.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
How does this make them unbiased? When a person begins a "study" with a certain outcome in mind to prove his theory, you have bias. Universities are most definitely not unbiased based on my own personal experiences.
And the Bible has...

The words of a bunch of long dead village men? I think I'll believe the findings of organizations like the APA, thanks.

Your Bible has nothing. You can put as much "faith" into that as you want...but don't you dare insinuate that that can be a valid substitute to repeatable, proveable scientific studies.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:06 PM

Quote:
And exactly what proveable science is there to corroborate the story of your bible?

Atleast these organizations have study upon repeatable study to back up their claims. Christianity doesn't.
I'm not trying to prove anything to you other than most posters can debate on this forum without attacking a group of people out of what can only be described as hate. Nobody is trying to force christianity on you and I can't understand why you keep saying that. We have a right to express our opinion whether there is scientific evidence or not. We aren't attacking anyone with quotes of " You gay people..... or " "You immoral, ignorant anti-christians......". There are much more mature ways of getting people to consider your point without say "You people........."

Old 05-18-2007, 11:16 PM

First off, I'm not gay. Secondly, this isn't a debate.

It's me demonstrating to you that organizations like the APA and others who have studied the causes of homosexuality (with a number of hghly qualified psychiatrists, psychologists, neurologists, etc) all come to one conclusion: it is a normal, valid alternative to heterosexuality.

So there is no debate. Your bible has nothing. You and people who accept your bible have chosen to cast stones at gays....fine. But that still doesn't give you any evidence whatsoever to back up your claims about homosexuality.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:23 PM

Quote:
And the Bible has...

The words of a bunch of long dead village men? I think I'll believe the findings of organizations like the APA, thanks.

Your Bible has nothing. You can put as much "faith" into that as you want...but don't you dare insinuate that that can be a valid substitute to repeatable, proveable scientific studies.

The natural man receiveth not the things of the spirit of God for they are foolishness unto him, neither can he know them, because they are not spiritually discerned.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:27 PM

Quote:
First off, I'm not gay. Secondly, this isn't a debate.

It's me demonstrating to you that organizations like the APA and others who have studied the causes of homosexuality (with a number of hghly qualified psychiatrists, psychologists, neurologists, etc) all come to one conclusion: it is a normal, valid alternative to heterosexuality.

So there is no debate. Your bible has nothing. You and people who accept your bible have chosen to cast stones at gays....fine. But that still doesn't give you any evidence whatsoever to back up your claims about homosexuality.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith as it is written. The just shall live by faith.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:28 PM

Quote:
You and people who accept your bible have chosen to cast stones at gays....fine. But that still doesn't give you any evidence whatsoever to back up your claims about homosexuality.
How is telling our belief and answering questions about why we don't believe in something, casting stones? I don't need any evidence to back my Bible. I have faith in God, my creator. This is my peace within myself and I'm not casting stones at you because you don't have that faith. You have a right to speak your view, but not the right to condemn me because I speak mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.