Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 03:04 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times

Advertisements

I suspect there is a bill that wll be brought out at 3AM on the morning it is to be voted on. Just in time to assure no one has a chance to read it.

The Democrats are all determined to undermine America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 03:13 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I suspect there is a bill that wll be brought out at 3AM on the morning it is to be voted on. Just in time to assure no one has a chance to read it.

That's the 3am call Hillary was talking about. Congress will pass the bill at 0259 and Obama will sign it at 0300 while no one is looking.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:24 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post

Once again, there is a bill, it's posted on the internet, and available to anyone to read.

Old 11-04-2009, 04:05 PM

89,008 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Actually, Reid doesn't say that there isn't a Senate bill at all.
Then what would be the meaning of this sentence, quoted directly from Reid's letter?
"In other words, there is no bill to release publicly - it does not exist."
http://www.hsacoalition.org/wp-conte...vapor-bill.pdf

Old 11-04-2009, 04:27 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Actually, Reid doesn't say that there isn't a Senate bill at all. The link within the OP's link actually contains the letter Reid sent as a response, in which he states that both the Senate and House drafts of the bill have been available to the public for some time. He further admonishes the 40 senators by reminding them that they have not posted their draft of a healthcare reform bill.

Anyone can google "Senate healthcare reform bill" and actually get the entire text of the bill on the internet.

And the letter to Reid was a request that the bill draft be posted on-line, which it already had been.

The Associated Press: Details on health care bills in House, Senate

Old 11-04-2009, 10:33 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Actually, Reid doesn't say that there isn't a Senate bill at all. The link within the OP's link actually contains the letter Reid sent as a response, in which he states that both the Senate and House drafts of the bill have been available to the public for some time. He further admonishes the 40 senators by reminding them that they have not posted their draft of a healthcare reform bill.

Anyone can google "Senate healthcare reform bill" and actually get the entire text of the bill on the internet.

And the letter to Reid was a request that the bill draft be posted on-line, which it already had been.
I didn't know that the Republican Senators had been given copies of that bill as they should have. Having to get it on line is just not right for the opposition party no matter how Dirty Harry sees it. Do I get your point that those 40 people are liars and Dirty Harry isn't?

Old 11-04-2009, 10:36 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
All the Republican Senators sent the same letter to Dirty Harry last weekend in which they implored he allow them to read the Senate bill he and his buddies had written so they could read it before he calls for a vote on it. His answer was very interesting, especially, surely for Democrats.

MAYBE John Cornyn Is Beginning To Get It? - Mason_Conservative’s blog - RedState
Is that RedState blogger just pretending to be stupid?

Old 11-04-2009, 10:48 PM

Somehow I wonder why all the shalls and other things like that are in the Dem bills and not explained by the AP. I wonder why it takes 1990 pages with the 40+ that were added today in the manager's thing. So many pages and so little in the way of explanation. I just don't quite understand why it takes that many pages.

Not so many years ago 95 pages was considered a long bill and now we get 1990. It seems to me like we must be covering a lot of things that aren't reported to the public. How do people who don't have computers or don't have internet keep up when there is so little explanation?

What will happen the night before the vote is to take place when Reid and his people trot out the final bill and it is 2500 pages? Will we all be told beforehand? I think not and I don't think they are trying to present much in the way of reform because all they are interested in is gaining control by government. Kind of like the way they took over the auto manufacturers, banks and other businesses with those horribly long bills that came out too late to be read by anybody.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Is that RedState blogger just pretending to be stupid?

Are you saying that Reid didn't say what our man says he said? Maybe he is as big a liar as Dirty Harry is. Stupid, I don't see anything there that is stupid but then I don't read HuffPo and Kos either for that very reason.

I thought that Reid said that until the CBO gets done with his bill there is in essence no bill. At least he never had provided copies top the Republican Senators, or they are all bigger liars than he is. Has the CBO done its due diligence on the Reid bill? If so why are Reid and Schumer talking about 2010 as the earliest they can get 'er done?

Old 11-04-2009, 10:59 PM

89,008 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Are you saying that Reid didn't say what our man says he said? Maybe he is as big a liar as Dirty Harry is. Stupid, I don't see anything there that is stupid but then I don't read HuffPo and Kos either for that very reason.

I thought that Reid said that until the CBO gets done with his bill there is in essence no bill. At least he never had provided copies top the Republican Senators, or they are all bigger liars than he is. Has the CBO done its due diligence on the Reid bill? If so why are Reid and Schumer talking about 2010 as the earliest they can get 'er done?
Yes, Reid did, in fact, specifically state that the bill doesn't exist. Quoted directly from Reid's letter:
"In other words, there is no bill to release publicly - it does not exist."
http://www.hsacoalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/senator-reids-response-to-ltr-from-40-gop-senators-on-reids-vapor-bill.pdf

Delusianne seems to have a hard time reading, comprehending, and understanding facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies