Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 03:40 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
islam is worse than christianity.. they're both a scab on humanity..
one you're indebted to some hippie lookin dude for your sins upon birth.. the impression upon the human psychy in guilt is astounding...and...
The other you're put to death if you even move or speak or fart....

yeah.. religion is super cool...
if they speak for what's in heaven.. they can have it... f-that..
If Christians dress their savior in 21st Century clothing would you be more likely to accept him? It seems you think he is hippy looking but he is depicted wearing the clothes of the Middle East 2000 years ago. What does your statement mean? Trying to prove atheism is tough now and then, I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 03:40 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,916,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
Gay.

Anyone looking to advance their religion by violence, will surely not attain whatever reward is promised in their religion.
it's not gay.. it's crazy...

it's anything but gay...

Old 11-04-2009, 03:41 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Roland Emmerichs, of Independence Day fame, destroys Christ the Redeemer in Rio and the Vatican in his upcoming film, yet when he also wanted to destroy a famous Islamic icon in Mecca his producer told him that there would be a fatwa ( a bounty) on his head if he did, so out of sheer preservation, he chose not to do so..

Movie Talk: The One Place on Earth Not Destroyed in '2012'
I'm glad something on earth scares Hollywood, the liberal establishment and the like.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:41 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,709,053 times
Quote:
islam is worse than christianity.. they're both a scab on humanity..
one you're indebted to some hippie lookin dude for your sins upon birth.. the impression upon the human psychy in guilt is astounding...and...
The other you're put to death if you even move or speak or fart....

yeah.. religion is super cool...
if they speak for what's in heaven.. they can have it... f-that..
I was waiting for someone to bring Christianity into this. Jesus said to love, pray for and bless your enemy. Muhammad said to kill the infidel, which you are one of.

Christianity is the opposite of being indebted, it's all about grace, since we should be responsible for our sin, but Jesus loved us so much, he bore our sins on the cross as a proxy, so we didn't have to. He paid the ultimate sacrifice for you; he loves you that much.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
Gay.

Anyone looking to advance their religion by violence, will surely not attain whatever reward is promised in their religion.
You haven't heard that when a Muslim kills a non-believer he earns that spot in the afterlife that Islam promises him? I guess you haven't read a lot that has been provided in the last 8 years about Islam.

I used to think that the Muslims were the most obedient people to their religion in the world but then I found out that violence is really a part of their teaching as to how to one day make their religion that of the world. It will be interesting to see how atheists like dhimmitude when that state arrives for them. Living in the US is very nice for those who don't accept any religious teachings but won't always be, I fear.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
If Christians dress their savior in 21st Century clothing would you be more likely to accept him? It seems you think he is hippy looking but he is depicted wearing the clothes of the Middle East 2000 years ago. What does your statement mean? Trying to prove atheism is tough now and then, I think.
no.. I don't accept someone who I'm in debt to just because I was born...
if some joe lookin dude told me he was my saviour and that I had to worship him.. I'd think he was into some kinky stuff...
the guilt trip works on some people.. but not all...
I'm not an advocate of athiesm or anything.. because I can honestly say I don't know... religious people don't say that though.. they say they know.. and with that position impose THEIR beliefs upon others as universal truth.. and it just isn't...
Jesus shmeesus....
mohammaramading dong...

*fart*

Old 11-04-2009, 03:45 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
A bounty?

Forgive me but all I know that means is the Bounty Paper Towel. :-P

What does Bounty mean in terms of Islam?
Think mafia bounty.....

or think Sarah Palin and bounties on wolves....

Muslims will PAY to have people killed for taking liberties with their holy stuff.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
if some joe lookin dude told me he was my saviour and that I had to worship him.. I'd think he was into some kinky stuff...
I'm not an advocate of athiesm or anything.. because I can honestly say I don't know... religious people don't say that though.. they say they know.. and with that position impose THEIR beliefs upon others as universal truth.. and it just isn't...
Jesus shmeesus....
mohammaramading dong...

*fart*
You seem to be taken in by my favorite word in the English language. i love it and laugh every time I see it. Keep it up so I can laugh at or with you. Which is it you want.

For some reason I have been unable to believe that Christ is walking the streets trying to convince people that he is the answer to anything so I don't think he will approach you. In fact, you are one of those he thought needed to be pitied and maybe that makes me less of a Christian than I wanted to be since I don't pity you.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:51 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Christianity is the opposite of being indebted, it's all about grace, since we should be responsible for our sin, but Jesus loved us so much, he bore our sins on the cross as a proxy, so we didn't have to. He paid the ultimate sacrifice for you; he loves you that much.
And, therefore, there's no more guilt...

Quote:
Jesus shmeesus....
mohammaramading dong...

*fart*
...and no more anger, and bitterness.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You seem to be taken in by my favorite word in the English language. i love it and laugh every time I see it. Keep it up so I can laugh at or with you. Which is it you want.

For some reason I have been unable to believe that Christ is walking the streets trying to convince people that he is the answer to anything so I don't think he will approach you. In fact, you are one of those he thought needed to be pitied and maybe that makes me less of a Christian than I wanted to be since I don't pity you.
well mate, I don't want your pity or jesus's I just want you to not knock on my door with your soul soliciting and preying upon personal fears of the unknown... you don't know anything more than I do.. but it's cute how you think you do...
pity away... it's the moral high ground isnt it?
fact of the matter is.. don't talk to me about that garbage and you won't ever have a problem with me...tall tales and story time are for campfires not my front porch or common run of the mill dialog... so don't be surprised if "people like me" slam the door in your face or walk away...
so carry on with your "saviour" and have a nice day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies