Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 03:58 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
well mate, I don't want your pity or jesus's I just want you to not knock on my door with your soul soliciting and preying upon personal fears of the unknown... you don't know anything more than I do.. but it's cute how you think you do...
pity away... it's the moral high ground isnt it?
fact of the matter is.. don't talk to me about that garbage and you won't ever have a problem with me...tall tales and story time are for campfires not my front porch or common run of the mill dialog... so don't be surprised if "people like me" slam the door in your face or walk away...
so carry on with your "saviour" and have a nice day
Better a polite knock on the door and a "thank you, have a nice day" as opposed to islam's "convert or die". Tell me one example of a movie maker fearing for his life for insulting christianity or a cartoon maker hiding behind police protection because they made a cartoon insulting christianity and I'll take the rest of your post on this topic seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 04:08 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Better a polite knock on the door and a "thank you, have a nice day" as opposed to islam's "convert or die". Tell me one example of a movie maker fearing for his life for insulting christianity or a cartoon maker hiding behind police protection because they made a cartoon insulting christianity and I'll take the rest of your post on this topic seriously.
fair and valid point.. I don't hold islamic beliefs to the highest regard either..but they aren't knocking on my door or pushing for laws that reflect their beliefs upon the general public as public policy.. atleast not in this country
but one thing christianity has on islam is roughly 600 years.. go back 600 years into christianity's past and see what you find...
I realize there are places in the world where the wrath of islam would be upon us.. I don't live in those places nor would ever visit them.. they've got their mess.. we got ours...
it is blatantly apparent that the psychological group think mentality prevails in organized religion... Countless studies show in group think scenerios horrendous vile atrocities can be committed and nobody bats and eye at the time it happens.. and makes excuses for it in the future..

If people believe it.. fine.. that's great.. but the position of it all is that it is "the truth" and with that profound endowment upon itself it can and does see fit to impose it's wishes upon others...
That is my ONLY beef with organized religion... what you believe.. savior.. mohammad.. yadda yadda.. whatever.. if its good for you.. eat it up.. and good on ya.. but don't bring the spoon to my mouth and make me choke it down... or think that I might like it.. because I don't.. I won't have it thanks

Old 11-04-2009, 04:11 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Roland Emmerichs, of Independence Day fame, destroys Christ the Redeemer in Rio and the Vatican in his upcoming film, yet when he also wanted to destroy a famous Islamic icon in Mecca his producer told him that there would be a fatwa ( a bounty) on his head if he did, so out of sheer preservation, he chose not to do so..

Movie Talk: The One Place on Earth Not Destroyed in '2012'
Wow. And what can you do? If you destroy it you fear for your life, for the rest of your life; if you dont they laugh at you and your entire country and culture because you're a wussy.

Old 11-04-2009, 04:13 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Wow. And what can you do? If you destroy it you fear for your life, for the rest of your life; if you dont they laugh at you and your entire country and culture because you're a wussy.
WOW, we agree on something; well that and our Phillies.

It really is the proverbial catch 22.

Old 11-04-2009, 04:15 PM

"Not Yet". Remember, they're already setting up their own Sharia law in parts of England and some European areas. Dearborn, MI has a large muslim population. Is it not possible that in some parts of that community they've started their own Sharia law? They've already enforced Sharia law on this movie director by fear alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
fair and valid point.. I don't hold islamic beliefs to the highest regard either..but they aren't knocking on my door or pushing for laws that reflect their beliefs upon the general public as public policy.. atleast not in this country
but one thing christianity has on islam is roughly 600 years.. go back 600 years into christianity's past and see what you find...
I realize there are places in the world where the wrath of islam would be upon us.. I don't live in those places nor would ever visit them.. they've got their mess.. we got ours...
it is blatantly apparent that the psychological group think mentality prevails in organized religion... Countless studies show in group think scenerios horrendous vile atrocities can be committed and nobody bats and eye at the time it happens.. and makes excuses for it in the future..

If people believe it.. fine.. that's great.. but the position of it all is that it is "the truth" and with that profound endowment upon itself it can and does see fit to impose it's wishes upon others...
That is my ONLY beef with organized religion... what you believe.. savior.. mohammad.. yadda yadda.. whatever.. if its good for you.. eat it up.. and good on ya.. but don't bring the spoon to my mouth and make me choke it down... or think that I might like it.. because I don't.. I won't have it thanks

Old 11-04-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
WOW, we agree on something; well that and our Phillies.

It really is the proverbial catch 22.
Meanwhile let's think about decadent, escapist Western diversions like tonight at 7:57 EST....

Old 11-04-2009, 04:22 PM

Maybe if Muslims played baseball they'd loosen up.

Old 11-04-2009, 04:33 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
"Not Yet". Remember, they're already setting up their own Sharia law in parts of England and some European areas. Dearborn, MI has a large muslim population. Is it not possible that in some parts of that community they've started their own Sharia law? They've already enforced Sharia law on this movie director by fear alone.
well if that was influencing me.. I would be up in their face about it..
but I don't live in those awful places.. if england wants to let a religion trash it's rule of law and respect for all.. that's their problem
As for Dearborn Michigan... they can play mosque-arade all they want so long as they aren't breaking the laws of this country.. and they haven't done that so... no harm done..
your fear of islam is the same fear many have for christianity.. you know as well as I do that it will be a cold day in hell when they'll be able to impose sharia law on any part of the US.. but yet you still fear.... and speak as if the possibility is so very real...
because islam is worse than christianity in regards to human rights, that doesn't give christianity excuses for its past and present and it's wrongful imposed influences on public policy in this nation.. I'm sorry.. I fail to make that connection.. I'm not buyin it

Old 11-04-2009, 04:37 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Roland Emmerichs, of Independence Day fame, destroys Christ the Redeemer in Rio and the Vatican in his upcoming film, yet when he also wanted to destroy a famous Islamic icon in Mecca his producer told him that there would be a fatwa ( a bounty) on his head if he did, so out of sheer preservation, he chose not to do so..

Movie Talk: The One Place on Earth Not Destroyed in '2012'
His producer told him?

Old 11-04-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
His producer told him?
He decided against it out of fear of Islam. Terrorism got a small victory. Islam, religion of terrorism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies