Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 11:12 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I think this is funny as hell, mainly because most gays are leftist (not all, though) and have typically sided with Muslims against Israel, and now they see how their loyalty is being repaid. Just wait until liberal feminists (also typically anti-Israel) start getting kicked out of cabs (or worse) for not covering their hair! I've never understood why these two groups stand so resolutely in support of a religious group that does NOT have their best interests at heart, to say the least.

On the other hand, public displays of affection between both heterosexuals and homosexuals is way out of control in our permissive society, to the point of being absolutely offensive and disgusting, so a part of me feels kind of sympathetic to the Muslim cabbie.

Look for more such cultural clashes to occur, as the liberal agenda tries to "reconcile" all multiculti beliefs into a hodgepodge "tolerance" for all. It is ridiculously hilarious.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:22 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I don't know of ANY gays that like muslims, and I know a LOT. most educated ppl know that the muslim faith and culture is one of savagery and primitiveness.
Then you have an lot of uneducated lefties over on the thread of the Fort Hood shooting!

Old 11-08-2009, 12:41 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
The two gays who started this whole thing ...
Quote:
The two gays who were making out in the back seat...
Should only heterosexual men be referred to as "guys"?

Two heterosexuals = Two guys
Two homosexual men = Two gays

I'm half-joking. I just found your use of the word "gays" to be interesting.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:10 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
I just thought of something and I don't think it has yet been brought up in this thread. The two gays who were making out in the back seat were creating quite a distraction for a cabbie who was driving a vehicle on public streets. We know that drivers can be distracted by using a cell phone while driving and accidents have happened where people have been hurt or killed. The same potential existed in this situation.

Case closed.
Along those same lines, women who have large breasts should be ordered to cover up, because those can be extremely distracting. Hell, I was driving with my boyfriend and he saw a lady who was rather busty and almost got us into an accident.

I also find heterosexual couples making out (who said the guys were making out???) are ridiculously distracting. Should we outlaw that?

Old 11-08-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Along those same lines, women who have large breasts should be ordered to cover up, because those can be extremely distracting. Hell, I was driving with my boyfriend and he saw a lady who was rather busty and almost got us into an accident.

I also find heterosexual couples making out (who said the guys were making out???) are ridiculously distracting. Should we outlaw that?
Agreed. And how far do we go with calling something "behavior" and using it as an excuse to kick someone out? What if the cabbie was anti-Jewish, and a couple of Hassidic Jews got into his cab? I imagine that would be pretty distracting. Should the cabbie have a right to kick them out based on their appearance?

Old 11-08-2009, 04:23 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
The taxi company has the right to boot anyone out of their cars.

Especially is they are performing immoral acts like this gay couple did.

No wonder Maine voted the way they did.

Kudos to the taxi company for helping kids our kids from seeing this crap in public.
Immoral? Hugging?

Yeah, wouldn't want the children to see that. The harror.

By the way, as far as complaining about cabs goes, these two should get in line. At least they can catch one in the first place...

Old 11-08-2009, 04:25 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I think this is funny as hell, mainly because most gays are leftist (not all, though) and have typically sided with Muslims against Israel, and now they see how their loyalty is being repaid.
So now every group of people is indebted to another group of people who take a seemingly beneficial political opinion? Groups of people can be loyal towards other groups of people? The topic aside, do you have no concept of the individual?

I suppose that explains your position.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
The taxi company has the right to boot anyone out of their cars.

Especially is they are performing immoral acts like this gay couple did.

No wonder Maine voted the way they did.

Kudos to the taxi company for helping kids our kids from seeing this crap in public.
^^^ Some comments are just too ridiculous to be taken seriously.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:21 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
^^^ Some comments are just too ridiculous to be taken seriously.
What is ridiculous?

That people may see homosexuality as no different than you might see bestiality, pedophilia, or necrophilia?

Please tell me you are not so close minded that you can not understand how some can have an aversion to certain behaviors? Especially behaviors that account for such a small percentage of the population?

Sure, the media outlets broadcasts the behavior as normal constantly, but not everyone accepts such behavior as "normal" and by simple mathematics of population behavior, it is abnormal as its occurrence is denoted as such.

This isn't a response to condemn homosexual behavior, merely a question as to why you would think that such a small occurrence of behavior would be widely accepted.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
What is ridiculous?
What is ridiculous is the suggestion that two gay men hugging is "immoral".

She then links the two men hugging with the vote against same-sex marriage in Maine. Ridiculous.

She goes on to say that two men hugging amounts to "crap" and thanks the taxi company for helping to keep kids from seeing it. Where she got the idea that kids were even around, I have no idea.

It's all ridiculous.

And then you compare homosexuality with bestiality, pedophilia, and necrophilia. Again: It's ridiculous, and most people know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Please tell me you are not so close minded that you can not understand how some can have an aversion to certain behaviors?
I have an aversion to ridiculous statements. Does that count?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies