Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2009, 02:54 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
Let me ask you do you think they are going to vote against the HC Bill with Pelosi pushing them to do it unless they are scared the citizens will vote them out of office?

OUr reps needs to be scared of our reaction of what they are doing and not doing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 02:55 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
We raised 3 kids, one which had a chronic disease and one who had a serious accident...we only had insurance for one and the other we paid out over $11,000 out of pocket. You can get through some of these things, even with small humble payments. I don't know where people get the idea that their children are other peoples responsibility. Yeah, healthcare is way too expensive and tort reform may help. Yes, those with existing conditions should get coverage and not be punished by the insurance companies. I really believe we can solve a lot of these issues without bankrupting the country.
Well I think you and I could talk....

IMO then Republicans need to stop being obstructionist and step to the forefront here... If the plan is as good as you've begun to outline, trust me, the public will follow.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:56 PM

921 posts, read 1,131,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Let me ask you do you think they are going to vote against the HC Bill with Pelosi pushing them to do it unless they are scared the citizens will vote them out of office?

OUr reps needs to be scared of our reaction of what they are doing and not doing
Some of them might vote against the bill because of that.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:57 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I meant at your local government, not like locally in your living room or at the park. I mean if you're going to clean house might at well start at home first
Well now, Nat, it appears to me that if each of those people went to see their specific Representive or Senator they would be very near home. It seems to me that they understood that going to the source of the foolishness would do more good that having some local TV station or newspaper report about their protest at home. I am just afraid for the day when they get violent like the Code Pink people were this morning. I am hoping it never happens but fear it will someday, and maybe very soon.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:59 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:
Some of them might vote against the bill because of that.
Not if they are scared of losing their job

Old 11-05-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Those same looney tunes who are out there protesting against the Healthcare bill are also waisting taxpayers money.

According to the Washington Post, nine of them were arrested this afternoon for unlawful entry.
Capitol Briefing - Nine arrested in Hart Building ahead of health care protest

Also, I work near the Capitol & while I was on my lunch break, I ran into a couple of the protestors who I guess were taking a break themselves.
They were very loud, rude, & they also were standing in front of a building smoking cigarettes.
Talking about healthcare, they are one of the few who are driving up the costs because of their smoking!
I think you failed to see that the protesters who were arrested were Code Pink people who are very left oriented and surely not involved with the people who had permission to protest. Also, I would bet any amount of money I could pay out that the two you met up with were Code Pink since loud and rude is their MO.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Oh, you mean like paying tens of thousands of dollars per year for individual or family policies?
I guess you haven't seen yet that the CBO says that by 2016 the Democrat plan will be costing over $5000 more per family than the Republican one. You need to read up on it.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You have that backwords. Those supporting the Dems' health care reform bills are doing the free work for the insurance companies. Forcing millions more people to purchase health insurance benefits the insurance companies. Insurance company CEO's are THRILLED and thank YOU very much!

"For the health insurance industry, that means millions of new paying customers. What's more, there are likely to be no limits on what insurers can charge, while at the same time the plan is expected to limit competition from any new national government insurance plan that lawmakers create.

These anticipated wins -- from an initiative that has at times been portrayed as doomsday for health insurers -- is the result of a strategy developed by one of Washington's savviest lobbyists, Karen Ignagni. Under Ignagni's leadership, the industry group America's Health Insurance Plans adopted the goal of universal coverage while setting out to shape it in a way that benefited insurers"

From: Insurers poised to reap benefits from healthcare overhaul
Insurers poised to reap benefits from healthcare overhaul -- latimes.com

It's important to understand who runs the government. Even the Washington Post agrees...
"If President Obama is going to succeed in passing health-care reform legislation this year, he’ll need to go through Ignagni."
Karen Ignagni - WhoRunsGov.com, a Wash Post Co
You have got to stop throwing all that truth at THEM. They will be tripping all over the place with so much truth hanging around. Keep putting all that truth out for them to read. Maybe one of two will read all of what you say and actually open their eyes.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i am guessing that the misled mass is the group of people who think they are going to be getting "free" health care when, instead, they are going to be paying for "mandatory" health insurance....

According to the proposal, the fines range from $750 to $3,800 for not obtaining government approved health insurance. The fines are dependent upon what an individual's income is as compared to the federal poverty level of $14,400. Anyone making more than 300 percent of the federal poverty level, or $43,200 a year, can be fined up to the full $3,800 which is an annual fine that is to be taken from IRS tax refunds. The fine would continue to be imposed until the individual or family purchased an approved insurance plan.
Hell, they even propose to pay for some of the costs they are creating with the fines on individuals and employers along with increase taxes.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:15 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
So conservatives stage a protest and do so most politely

Liberals on the otherhand got arrested today:

According to Lacy MacAuley, national media coordinator for Mobilization for Health Care for All, her organization sponsored this morning’s protest at Sen. Lieberman’s office. The group's website says that Kai Newkirk, the group's national coordinator, was among those arrested.
MacAuley says the organization was protesting the fact that Lieberman is willing to block a public option, but accepts money from insurance lobbyists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies