Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2009, 05:40 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
I have muslim friends, and no, they don't try to kill me.
Honestly, I am more scared of american right-wingers than I am of muslims.
Just look at the mess in Iraq. Why did you invade Iraq? Can you tell me again? Was your national security threatened?
Trust me, where I live, people view Americans as terrorists as well. Its just a different point of view. I condemn what happened today, but its just too obvious how people use this incident to spread their hate again.

Btw, How many muslims do you personally know?

Off the top of my head about 30. And you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 05:42 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
Exactly. For a large number of people, this tragedy is not abstract. It is the end of their worlds as they know them. These are people's family members and friends.
Anyone who truly has a personal interest in this tragedy should be ALL THE MORE passionate and urgent about uncovering and acknowledging the Islamic terrorist aspect of the killers' motivation.

Stop the bawling and squalling, because it's not going to fool me and it's not going to stop me or delay me from getting to the bottom of this. And I'm 100% confident that anyone who lost a loved one to this maniac is very committed to learning the truth and finding a solution to the Islamic invasion of our country.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:42 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I just talked with my daughter, the Sgt. Major, and, praise the Lord, she is fine. She is heartbroken about all that has happened. It is especially hard, I think, because she helped set up the programs that are meant to help the returning warriors and has worked so hard, flying from base to base, all over the country and, in fact, all over the world, to try to make sure that those warrior's needs are met. But, as she has said so many times, with back to back deployments there is just so little that can really help. She has actually met the doctor who did this horrific thing and was shocked that he did it. She urges us all to pray for the troops and their families as this is going to take a further toll on their mental health. Thanks to all of those who have been concerned. It does help.
I'm am so glad to hear this LML. I am sick at heart to see how people are using this as fodder so soon. People's hearts are breaking right this very second. Can we give it a rest out of respect for the dead and wounded? It's like people arguing at a wake. Who does that?

Old 11-05-2009, 05:45 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
There is a philosophy within the fiber of Islam whereby you can conceal (lie) about your true faith in order to protect yourself from being persecuted.

There's something extremely strange about this case and as time goes on everything will come out in the wash.

Why would a psychiatrist who has never been deployed to the frontlines, has a strong dislike of weapons, snap and go on a rampage?

Something doesn't fit.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:47 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,239,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Let's not foget that for some Americans this dreaded waiting is a daily occurence and has been for 8 years.

Absolutely WM. I have had 2 younger co-workers that have gone twice now. I find myself sick with worry for them. I can't even begin to think what it would feel like to have a son have to go. I served in the early 80's, so the world was a different place then. While I was in Germany for a few years, I know my folks worried, but not anything like families of todays servicemen/women. No one was shooting at us back then. I truley have a huge spot in my heart for todays military family. My worry is bi-partisan. I just want them all home safe.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:48 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Off the top of my head about 30. And you?
I live in a muslim neighborhood, so I think I can beat you. And no, I don't feel threatened, people just live their lifes .

Old 11-05-2009, 05:48 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times
Quote:
Most muslims live a peaceful life, but a lot of Americans see a terrorist in EVERY muslim.
What flavor is your Kool-Aid?

Old 11-05-2009, 05:50 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Anyone who truly has a personal interest in this tragedy should be ALL THE MORE passionate and urgent about uncovering and acknowledging the Islamic terrorist aspect of the killers' motivation.

Stop the bawling and squalling, because it's not going to fool me and it's not going to stop me or delay me from getting to the bottom of this. And I'm 100% confident that anyone who lost a loved one to this maniac is very committed to learning the truth and finding a solution to the Islamic invasion of our country.
If I just found out I lost someone these would not be my first thoughts. My first thoughts would be, "my life is never going to be the same, and I have no idea how it is going to be. The love of my life is gone."

Old 11-05-2009, 05:50 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
This is an unfortunate event.

The man is mentally disturbed without a doubt.

At least the conspirators are alive to face the military court.
Guess you may have heard by now that the "two suspects"....(you call them "conspirators") have been released, and it appears that both of them were trying to STOP the shooting rampage???

So much for your "instincts".....

Old 11-05-2009, 05:51 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
Quote:
Most muslims live a peaceful life, but a lot of Americans see a terrorist in EVERY muslim.
"muslim terror attacks a round the world"

There are to many links to post here so here is a google link, have fun...

muslim terror attack a round the world - Google Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies