Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2009, 06:55 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,660,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
well...I see the correlation you are making but in the event of a (fragging) one person is usually killed, generally a superior and most importantly a frag grenade is always used...(hence the word "frag" -ging, of course)...so I think that yes, very loosely that definition would apply.....Obviously it could also be said that this person incited terror in civilians (children of army personnel, parents, relatives etc.) and therefore the term terrorist attack would apply just as aptly...so I guess people can call it what they want...I might even call it an act of war/treason if his political ideals are against that of his country.
Yeah, we basically agree. I think this is a new thing, and I'm not sure what to call it. In any case, it is really horrible. I used to live about half an hour from Ft. Hood, and that whole town/area must be really suffering. Everyone is connected to the military in some way there, even if it's just in the sense of business owners to customers. My heart goes out to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 06:58 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,341,511 times
This appears to be more than just a simple desire not to be deployed folks. Federal law enforcement officials now say Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan had come to their attention at least six months ago because of Internet postings that discussed suicide bombings and other threats (Source: AP). Also, at least one co-worker at Ft. Hood, a Terry Lee, has said said Hasan was a harsh critic of U.S. foreign policy.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:59 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Even I do not think that all Muslins are terrorist, but I'd still like to keep an eye on them... If someone reports there a wild bear in the neighborhood I'll be watching all bears...

That's it! Go ahead and spew your common sense but the PC left wingers are still not going to get it. They are hopeless. They will not get it until more and more muslims are in the country and they see the backlash towards homosexuals. Then they will be hear screaming to the top of their lungs.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:01 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,972,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
Yeah, we basically agree. I think this is a new thing, and I'm not sure what to call it. In any case, it is really horrible. I used to live about half an hour from Ft. Hood, and that whole town/area must be really suffering. Everyone is connected to the military in some way there, even if it's just in the sense of business owners to customers. My heart goes out to them.
Here, here...I truly feel bad for those who have loved ones who were injured or died in this attack at Ft. Hood. Im sure so many of those personnel were proud of their military accomplishments, and still others were probably anticipating the fulfillment of what they perceived to be their patriotic duty. Just a tragic course of events all the way around, regardless of who did it or what it will be called. I can only imagine how young some of the victims who may have been involved in this were.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:03 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,884,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
That's it! Go ahead and spew your common sense but the PC left wingers are still not going to get it. They are hopeless. They will not get it until more and more muslims are in the country and they see the backlash towards homosexuals. Then they will be hear screaming to the top of their lungs.
Wherever radical Islam has gotten a foothold in the Western world, the very first groups to be targeted are "freely sexual" women and homosexuals. So why feminists and homosexuals wave the banner for radical Islam, I just can't explain. It's a mental illness, I guess.

A very good read is "While Europe Slept." Any American who refuses to pay attention to what is going on in Scandinavia and Europe is a fool.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:08 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Here, here...I truly feel bad for those who have loved ones who were injured or died in this attack at Ft. Hood. Im sure so many of those personnel were proud of their military accomplishments, and still others were probably anticipating the fulfillment of what they perceived to be their patriotic duty. Just a tragic course of events all the way around, regardless of who did it or what it will be called. I can only imagine how young some of the victims who may have been involved in this were.

Thank you for being focused on what should matter here. It makes me feel better that at least some of you remember what this tragedy is actually about.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:11 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
i do not believe this is our future.
i believe this dudes cheese slipped off his cracker and flipped out because he didn't want to go to Iraq.why he didn't want to go who knows.
this thread has gone from tragedy to bashing the president.
America lost some great soldiers today on our owe soil.
not by another country but from a brother who was a trusted member of our military.
i dont know how bashing the president has any thing to do with this.
sure i dont agree with some of the things he does but we are Americans and he is still our president show some respect.i may not like him but i will still defend him because i am an American.god or who ever you worship bless our fallen soldiers .

Well RANGER you will have to have your opinion and I will have mine about hussein obama and this killer. This was not the act of a man who's cheese slipped off his cracker. It was a calculated planned attack and then we have his hate America traitorous words.

I have no respect for hussein obama and mostly because of our troops. It took him some time to even give them the time of day when first elected. Do you think it helps our troops when he sucks up to our enemies and goes around the world p*ssing on America every time he opens his mouth on foreign soil? No thanks I'll pass on respecting this president. I'll give him the same brand of respect he gives America and the citizens of America...which is nil.

Last edited by dcsldcd; 11-05-2009 at 07:16 PM.. Reason: wrong word

Old 11-05-2009, 07:11 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
Dude--if you would have read my posts you would realize the people I know were kids I babysat. Like when I was in high school. Like quite a while ago. By "brig" I meant the military jail. I thought that was the slang. If I was wrong, I'm sorry. Do you have anything substantial to say beyond putting me down? If not, then what is the point of your posting?
You're the one that came in here telling everyone to shut up...

You've come in here and run your mouth off to others and I'd like to know have you ever served in the military?

"Dude" is something a 10 year old would say.

And while we are at it the Army does not have a jail either.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:13 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,987,639 times
One thing has me puzzled an Army doctor with two handguns, opens fire and puts a bullet into 43 people and kills at least 12. He does this in an Army post were some of the soldiers also have hand guns and can shoot back and probably would. Either this guy was one heck of a marksman (handguns are not that accurate and are meant for close in defense) or we are not getting the whole story? Also just how big is a magazine on an army handgun and is it fully automatic?

Old 11-05-2009, 07:17 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,333,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Wherever radical Islam has gotten a foothold in the Western world, the very first groups to be targeted are "freely sexual" women and homosexuals. So why feminists and homosexuals wave the banner for radical Islam, I just can't explain. It's a mental illness, I guess.

A very good read is "While Europe Slept." Any American who refuses to pay attention to what is going on in Scandinavia and Europe is a fool.
I'm a very liberal person. I have gay relatives. I also staunchly oppose Muslim immigration for the exact reasons you state. They are a violent suppressive people who should not be allowed into the West. I'll never understand why the West let them in. I'm just thankful I live in America and can visit Europe before Muslim idiots take it over. How many more terrorist attacks like this needs to happen before our government learns to not let these people in!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies