Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2009, 01:39 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
So you really think our lax immigration policies, that anyone who hates the USA and despises the American people can simply move on over?
That is not what I typed or meant, and you know it.
This is what I typed:
{We (Americans) should be thankful that we do NOT have people with opinions such as these making up our immigration and enforcement laws, or writing American foreign policy, we would definitely be in trouble}

My response was to this post
Quote:
Round em up and outa here now, ah,- I'm only dreamin. However, it would be both prudent, wise and doable to call for a moratorium on any immigration whatsoever from the Muslim world. Unfortunately we elected a Muslim in Christian clothing for President.
ROUND 'EM UP.
My father was an M.P., and was stationed in Flagstaff, AZ, and guarding prisoners which were ROUNDED UP, JAPANESE CITIZENS WHO DID NOTHING WRONG. But were rounded up and imprisoned because they were JAPANESE-AMERICANS.
Much like the previous administration did with anyone who was a muslim.
And were not given the rights of due process.

Anyone that thinks this practice is ok? There's seriously something wrong with them, and I said thankfully, we don't not have people (who round people up) in charge of immigrations or writing American Foreign Policy.

Last edited by Hombre57; 11-07-2009 at 01:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 01:41 PM

689 posts, read 742,954 times
I don't care what he was called. There is no excuse for what he did. People are such pu$$ies now it's unbelievable. People were harassed far worse back in the day and didn't go on rampages. Why now? I'm not saying that calling people names is okay. I'm just saying that shooting people because of it isn't the answer (and it's becoming more common...if this is what the alleged reason for this incident was).

Old 11-07-2009, 01:44 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Fort Hood shooting suspect, Major Nidal Malik Hasan, wanted out of the Army after being constantly harassed by others in the military and was called a "camel jockey," his family said.

As Hasan was about to be deployed to Iraq, he was suffering from some of the same stresses that he was trained as an Army psychiatrist to treat.
Would that be something like... Thanks for the education. Can I go back to Palestine now so I can shoot some Jews?

Sounds like he was just an idiot, posing as a psychiatrist, probly not a difficult arrangement.

Old 11-07-2009, 01:45 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,704,184 times
Quote:
Fort Hood shooting suspect, Major Nidal Malik Hasan, wanted out of the Army after being constantly harassed by others in the military and was called a "camel jockey," his family said.

As Hasan was about to be deployed to Iraq, he was suffering from some of the same stresses that he was trained as an Army psychiatrist to treat.

Nidal Malik Hasan Wanted Out of Army, Family Said - ABC News
This is so ridiculous! Just another way of him stating, "But, I'm a victim too!" Of course, his family is going to blame the Americans. I served in the U.S. Navy, and there was very little tolerance for any comment that could be construed as "biggoted."

Old 11-07-2009, 01:48 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:

I don't know why a mature Muslim would be insulted by being called a "camel jockey".

I'm half Swede, and I don't mind being called a SAABING LIBERAL.

Old 11-07-2009, 01:49 PM

689 posts, read 742,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
This is so ridiculous! Just another way of him stating, "But, I'm a victim too!" Of course, his family is going to blame the Americans. I served in the U.S. Navy, and there was very little tolerance for any comment that could be construed as "biggoted."
Exactly. This is the same thing I saw when I was in the military (little tolerance for bigotry). This guys a f-ing punk. Everyone is trying to "figure him out". Here...I figured him out. He's a punk. Also...If half of what he said or how he reacted about American's misfortunes, death, etc. was true it's no wonder why people called him names. He should have had his f-ing teeth knocked out a few times and been booted out of the military for some of the stuff he "allegedly" said or did (if true that is).

Old 11-07-2009, 02:00 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:

So, once again, we're going to pretend that this was something other than what is obvious to the most casual observer, an act of terrorism from a Jihadist sympathizer within the ranks of our own miltary.

He had been known to make anti-Ameircan statements, had posted anti-American comments on internet blogs, argued with fellow troops about the war, etc., etc.

But we have to look away from the facts, and in our "politically correct" infinite "wisdom" we will continue to put our brave men at risk by allowing acts of treason within the ranks, and find some other excuse for the actions of these enemies of our country.

When will we ever learn? There are people in this world that mean us harm. And they have vowed to infiltrate our militray, and it seems obvious that they have done just that.

Who cares that he was called "Camel Jockey"? We nicknamed a girl in art school "camel jocky" because she was Middle Eastern. She thought it was hilarious, and laughed every time we called her that (By the way, she was very good looking ).

Old 11-07-2009, 02:01 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,704,184 times
Default Obama Shows More Concern Over the Henry Gates Incident than 13 Soldiers Killed by a Terrorist

Back in July, it seemed amazing that a little local story here in Boston regarding a police officer doing his job protecting a resident from a potential burglary would garnish more concern than the death of 13 military service men, and 31 wounded from an Islamic terrorist.

President Obama was at a conference for a native American issue, when after more than three minutes mentioned the incident at Fort Hood as though it was nothing more than a foot note, not all that significant. Amazing! Then he has the audacity to tell the public not to jump to conclusions, when this is exactly what he did when he decided to pass judgement on an exemplary police officer, when he didn't even have any of the facts.

Imagine, a little story about an hysterical, uncooperative Harvard professor screaming at a police officer when he did nothing more than requested an i.d. garnishing national press; never mind attention from the president of the U.S. It's easy to see where his priorities are.

Old 11-07-2009, 02:01 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
So what we are called rednecks and don't go around killing masses of people because of it.
You know, it is only because of massively stupid comments that I find myself making comments that could be vaguely and erroneously appear to be written as a defense of folks like Hasan, but respond I must.

Rednecks don't go around killing masses of people for any sundry of ridiculous perceived personal insults or slights?

Does George Hennard ring a bell? A bit ironic that the Lubby's massacre was also around Ft. Hood.

Old 11-07-2009, 02:03 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,365 times
What a nutty perspective.

I would like to know if you have a real timeline comparing these two events.

Anything at all based on reality that leads you to your title's conclusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies