Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2009, 02:07 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times

Advertisements

The White House said President Obama and the first lady will be attending a memorial service on Tuesday and the president ordered flags flying over the White House and other federal buildings to be lowered to half-staff until Veterans Day on Wednesday.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - WH: President, first lady to attend Fort Hood memorial service « - Blogs from CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 02:08 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
This issue shouldn't be taken lightly. The Columbine murders, the Virginia Tech shooter and this person all felt like they had been picked on and were outsiders or rejected people. Bullying is not okay. As we can see, it can lead to a lot of anger and angry people can commit atrocious acts.
That isn't why he did it! He was a Jihadist, for cryin' out loud! He is a Muslim terrorist within the ranks!

What does it take to wake people up? Another similar act? Well, stand by. It will happen. They have vowed to infiltrate, and they have.

Old 11-07-2009, 02:55 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
This issue shouldn't be taken lightly. The Columbine murders, the Virginia Tech shooter and this person all felt like they had been picked on and were outsiders or rejected people. Bullying is not okay. As we can see, it can lead to a lot of anger and angry people can commit atrocious acts.
So a 39 year old Major in the Army couldn't take some insults that's justification for murder?

Old 11-07-2009, 03:01 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
Back in July, it seemed amazing that a little local story here in Boston regarding a police officer doing his job protecting a resident from a potential burglary would garnish more concern than the death of 13 military service men, and 31 wounded from an Islamic terrorist.

President Obama was at a conference for a native American issue, when after more than three minutes mentioned the incident at Fort Hood as though it was nothing more than a foot note, not all that significant. Amazing! Then he has the audacity to tell the public not to jump to conclusions, when this is exactly what he did when he decided to pass judgement on an exemplary police officer, when he didn't even have any of the facts.

Imagine, a little story about an hysterical, uncooperative Harvard professor screaming at a police officer when he did nothing more than requested an i.d. garnishing national press; never mind attention from the president of the U.S. It's easy to see where his priorities are.

I think its funny your racism had to bleed thru in your personal attack.

You people are reprehensible.

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
I just hope she dresses more appropriately this time than she did for this posthumous Medal of Honor ceremony.

[IMG]http://www.city-data.com/forum/%3Ca%20href=http://graphicshost.net/%20target=_blank%3Ehttp://graphicshost.net/images/09if2dix7cp2aqj.jpg (broken link)http://graphicshost.net/images/09if2dix7cp2aqj.jpg (broken link)

Pundit & Pundette: What not to wear to a Medal of Honor award ceremony

5,476 posts, read 12,244,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Which is quite impossible to do. You would approve restricting all Americans from things "just in case?"

One person shoots another and all of a sudden ALL guns should be outlawed to "prevent something like this from happening again" ?

You can't do that after the fact. It's now coming out that there were plenty of warning signs and red flags that got ignored along the way.

Had they not been ignored..the future may have turned out differently.

You'd be amazed at how PC the military has become over the years. When I initially enlisted in 1985, it was a balls to the walls military, and being a woman, well you really had to fend for yourself. But, my philosophy was that if I signed on to defend my country, I damned well better be able to defend myself, and that I wasn't going to let name calling or sexism or anything else get in the way. I manned up.

I served 8 years and got out in 1993. In 2003, I joined the Air National Guard and was on active duty for 3 years, stationed with active duty. Let me tell you. It was a totally different world. Men were afraid to even say something NICE to a woman for fear of being brought up on sexual harassment allegations. All of the sudden, this word and that word was broken down and examined to the nth degree and with all the "new terms" and such, life became ridiculous to say the least.

I think, if there were signs with this guy, part of the problem is that they (the powers that be) had to be very careful as to how they addressed it, for fear of not appearing to be "prejudiced" against an Islamic man. The military is no longer a man up military. Bootcamp now issues "stress cards" to new recruits who can hold them up when they feel stressed out. We never had this kind of crap. If you can't handle the little bs stress in bootcamp or training, what makes you think you're going to do better on the battlefield? I'm old school so I have little sympathy for this guy and what his motives may have been. Honestly, I wish the officer would have been a better shot and killed the SOB on site. Regardless, I think the new military PC has ALOT to do with why this guy wasn't locked down earlier and why (because he was under some sort of observation) they didn't move quicker on this. It is all about documentation, documentation, documentation now....and over a long period of time, to CYA.

You don't have to like what I said, but I stand by it.

Old 11-07-2009, 03:04 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I wonder if every Christian who got called names and shot all his buddies and subordinates like that would be eased up on like he was. I have come to think that the man wanted to take as many with him as possible since he shot about 200 rounds in a crowded auditorium. I bet that was probably the most taped mass murder in history since those people were at some kind of graduation ceremony.

Christians are not called names generally. In fact, most of the racist, ignorant rednecks in this country who would make fun of another persons race consider themselves "Christians", just like a majority of evangelical "Christians" polled were in favor of torture.

So dont whine about Christians being picked on, Bill O'Reilly already has that covered.

Old 11-07-2009, 03:05 PM

Gee, I'd been personally insulted all the time during my 8 years in the Navy. Judging by some people here, I'd be defended in shooting up the shipmates because I was called names. Well, they probably wouldn't defend me because I'm not Muslim. Here's a hint for those who never served in the military,...if you're this hurt by name calling then how are you going to respond to the stresses of combat and possibly being captured by the enemy?

Old 11-07-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
You'd be amazed at how PC the military has become over the years. When I initially enlisted in 1985, it was a balls to the walls military, and being a woman, well you really had to fend for yourself. But, my philosophy was that if I signed on to defend my country, I damned well better be able to defend myself, and that I wasn't going to let name calling or sexism or anything else get in the way. I manned up.

I served 8 years and got out in 1993. In 2003, I joined the Air National Guard and was on active duty for 3 years, stationed with active duty. Let me tell you. It was a totally different world. Men were afraid to even say something NICE to a woman for fear of being brought up on sexual harassment allegations. All of the sudden, this word and that word was broken down and examined to the nth degree and with all the "new terms" and such, life became ridiculous to say the least.

I think, if there were signs with this guy, part of the problem is that they (the powers that be) had to be very careful as to how they addressed it, for fear of not appearing to be "prejudiced" against an Islamic man. The military is no longer a man up military. Bootcamp now issues "stress cards" to new recruits who can hold them up when they feel stressed out. We never had this kind of crap. If you can't handle the little bs stress in bootcamp or training, what makes you think you're going to do better on the battlefield? I'm old school so I have little sympathy for this guy and what his motives may have been. Honestly, I wish the officer would have been a better shot and killed the SOB on site. Regardless, I think the new military PC has ALOT to do with why this guy wasn't locked down earlier and why (because he was under some sort of observation) they didn't move quicker on this. It is all about documentation, documentation, documentation now....and over a long period of time, to CYA.

You don't have to like what I said, but I stand by it.
I started my service in 1990. You can thank Bill and Hillary Clinton for what you said above.

Old 11-07-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Christians are not called names generally. In fact, most of the racist, ignorant rednecks in this country who would make fun of another persons race consider themselves "Christians", just like a majority of evangelical "Christians" polled were in favor of torture.

So dont whine about Christians being picked on, Bill O'Reilly already has that covered.
Naw, Christians are only picked on by writers in movies and television shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies