Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2009, 03:08 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,512,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I don't know why a mature Muslim would be insulted by being called a "camel jockey".

I'm half Swede, and I don't mind being called a SAABING LIBERAL.

Because the United States is waging a dehumanizing war against Islam, and the slur "camel jockey" is backed by considerable hatred.

Little different than calling someone a "liberal", that is, unless liberals someday start getting bombed, shot and tortured like Muslims do every day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 03:11 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,305 times
I hope this scum bag gets the firing squad!!

But you know what?? Bet he only gets life in prison.

103 posts, read 118,429 times
The guy's a nutjob. Be it a muslim nutjob or not, he's still a nutjob.

132 posts, read 249,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I think its funny your racism had to bleed thru in your personal attack.

You people are reprehensible.
Racism? It seems like reality, something you apparently can't handle. Recordings of Obama's reaction over the Fort Hood incident have been glaring over every conservative radio talk show in the nation. Obama's reaction is not exactly a secret. But then again, to label something "racist" is always the ace card when you have no other defense.

14,100 posts, read 28,517,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Because the United States is waging a dehumanizing war against Islam, and the slur "camel jockey" is backed by considerable hatred.

Little different than calling someone a "liberal", that is, unless liberals someday start getting bombed, shot and tortured like Muslims do every day
Islam started that war way back in the 1970s when they began airline and cruise ship hijackings and moved up to suicide bombings.

Old 11-07-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Islam started that war way back in the 1970s when they began airline and cruise ship hijackings and moved up to suicide bombings.

You're a day late and about $100.00 short.

Keep trying.

Old 11-07-2009, 03:13 PM

132 posts, read 249,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I just hope she dresses more appropriately this time than she did for this posthumous Medal of Honor ceremony.

[IMG]http://www.city-data.com/forum/%3Ca%20href=http://graphicshost.net/%20target=_blank%3E

Pundit & Pundette: What not to wear to a Medal of Honor award ceremony
This woman is dressed like trash! What an embarrasement. It's not even summer time. She looks like she's ready for the street corner at Dupont Circle. ...."Yo man, 20 bucks, and I'll show you a goood time!"

Old 11-07-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro-Dialin View Post
Racism? It seems like reality, something you apparently can't handle. Recordings of Obama's reaction over the Fort Hood incident have been glaring over every conservative radio talk show in the nation. Obama's reaction is not exactly a secret. But then again, to label something "racist" is always the ace card when you have no other defense.

Gee, thats a shocker.

Racist Repugs have been getting their hate on since the day the man took office.

Old 11-07-2009, 03:18 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
Back in July, it seemed amazing that a little local story here in Boston regarding a police officer doing his job protecting a resident from a potential burglary would garnish more concern than the death of 13 military service men, and 31 wounded from an Islamic terrorist.

President Obama was at a conference for a native American issue, when after more than three minutes mentioned the incident at Fort Hood as though it was nothing more than a foot note, not all that significant. Amazing! Then he has the audacity to tell the public not to jump to conclusions, when this is exactly what he did when he decided to pass judgement on an exemplary police officer, when he didn't even have any of the facts.

Imagine, a little story about an hysterical, uncooperative Harvard professor screaming at a police officer when he did nothing more than requested an i.d. garnishing national press; never mind attention from the president of the U.S. It's easy to see where his priorities are.

Where to start first in dealing with your inaccuratcies?

First this police officer was protecting no one from a burglar.

I think it's good to tell people not to jump to conclusions, that's how people make asses of themselves when have you witnessed positive outcomes when people jump to conclusions?

The President mis-spoke I hope he has learned from it.

Speaking of jumping to conclusions and asses exactly at what point did you jump to the conclusion that Gates was hysterical or uncooperative?

".. Friends of Gates said he was already in his home when police arrived. He showed his driver’s license and Harvard identification card, but was handcuffed and taken into police custody for several hours last Thursday, they said.."
Harvard professor Gates arrested at Cambridge home - Local News Updates - The Boston Globe

I might be a bit testy too.

Your post seems a bit hysterical, meds up to date?

Old 11-07-2009, 03:23 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,297,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Gee, I'd been personally insulted all the time during my 8 years in the Navy. Judging by some people here, I'd be defended in shooting up the shipmates because I was called names. Well, they probably wouldn't defend me because I'm not Muslim. Here's a hint for those who never served in the military,...if you're this hurt by name calling then how are you going to respond to the stresses of combat and possibly being captured by the enemy?
This is an excellent point, sailordave.

When I was in the Navy, we all had nicknames. One guy we called "boobs" (I have no idea why), and another was Carabou (because he looked like one ) No one took it personally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies