Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 12:56 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
And without citations ... your post is just as average ..
That poster has to show the ability to read before I waste time offering links.

Are you challenging something I wrote, or do you just want attention?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 12:59 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom bates View Post
He let me and my parter down, we put him in office, he has dissed us and reminds of a taller Don Knotts, the change we need is not Obama but someone with some guts!
Well there is a compelling argument.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:39 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
That's ridiculous and you know it. The President (any President) is an agent of change. It's a question of maneuvering things to get that change accomplished, and nobody does that in less than a year. We've become a nation of instant gratification, and we expect what would have been considered miracles in any other generation.

As for autopilot, that's exactly what we were doing for the eight years before Obama's election.
If by that last statement you mean 0bama wrested the controls away from the pilot and sent the plane crashing into the ground, I completely agree.

[MOD CUT/copyright]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-07-2009 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: copyright violation (image)

Old 11-06-2009, 07:46 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
That poster has to show the ability to read before I waste time offering links.

Are you challenging something I wrote, or do you just want attention?
Nope ... just pointing out the fact that you are as average as the next guy .. .

Old 11-06-2009, 07:59 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom bates View Post
He let me and my parter down, we put him in office, he has dissed us and reminds of a taller Don Knotts, the change we need is not Obama but someone with some guts!
I agree. So far he is just a 3rd term of GW Bush. I am honestly wondering if we would not have done better with McCain. At least when your enemies *********, it hurts less than when your friends do it.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:00 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Nope ... just pointing out the fact that you are as average as the next guy .. .
The odds against being just as average as the next guy are staggering...

Old 11-06-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchcock View Post
Which Dissapointment do you mean?
Turning the failed economy around.
Pushing health reform through
Getting out of Iraq
Making the financial world accountable for their actions.
Improving the Vets health structure.
Revitalizing the Auto industry
Etc, Etc, Etc.
Obama is keeping to his promises but there are some who think he can reverse the mistakes of many years in one year. That attitude disappoints me more than anything Obama could ever do or not do.
No, no, no, no, no, no , no and no! The only thing he has accomplished was the huge bail out of Wall Street and the big banks.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Hey, at least he's not McCain.

No, seriously, Obama is too status quo and I am disappointed in that as well. Someone needs to tell him status quo is not change. He's done a little but not nearly enough. And the republicans are doing everything they can to keep him from making any changes at all.
He has not even done "a little". He has accomplished nothing, nada, zippo, zero.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:10 PM

277 posts, read 368,619 times
Obama has done more positive things for this country than Bush did in 8. Bush ran us into war, alienated us from the world and caused the greatest recession since the great depression. Please...and you haters want to talk trash about Obama. Please...spare me.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:21 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I agree. So far he is just a 3rd term of GW Bush.
Well, yeah. Except for reversing the Global Gag Rule, unsealing Uncle Ronnie's and Poppy's Presidential papers, banning torture, imposing ethics requirements, closing Guantanamo, not vetoing Ledbetter or S-CHIP, pulling out of Iraq to fight in Afghanistan, clamping down on abuse by credit card issuers, regulation of CO2, FDA regulation of tobacco, actually talking to foreign allies and enemies, fixing instead of creating major domestic and international financial crises, brokering support for the IMF, expanding and reinforcing hate crimes legislation, and going weeks at a time without visiting Crawford, Texas. Other than those few things and perhaps a couple of others, it's just been more of the same old same old. Living in the White House...flying around in Air Force One...all this sameness has been just sort of eerie...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies