Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 04:18 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,918,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
The foundation of the Christian church does NOT lie upon the Catholic church. Our foundation is on the resurrection of Jesus Christ and His teachings. Catholism is just an offshoot of Christianity. Catholism is about empty rituals but true Christianity is based upon a living and breathing relationship with our Creator.
if it is just that.. then why do your doctrines extend beyond those of just jesus and include writings and interpretations of writings from the catholic church?
It is impossible to read any version of the bible today that is un-touched by catholicism...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 04:20 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,918,129 times
Quote:
The authority of Jesus Christ.
he speaks to you huh?
or does he speak through his "prophets" and their accounts of what he said and did?
which have been written and re-written.. some things left out.. later added then chucked out again by authorities in the catholic church?

Old 11-06-2009, 04:20 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,348,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Although I am pretty hostile to most any organized religions including the useless "Christian" churches and child chasing Catholic churches, the one religion that is the most barbaric in terms of its philosophy of mass bloodshed, oppression and killing is the religion of Islam.
It has become clear to me that this religion and its followers are blood thirsty jackals for the most part. And today when I heard that the killer at Ft Hood was a Muslim who had praised suicide bombers in the past, I said "no surprise there".
The Christian nutcases are a mere nuisance when compared to the Muslim nutcases. The Catholics might molest children but it takes real lust for blood to strap a bomb on a kid and send him to his death - which a Muslim can justify if he can kill a few Jews while blowing himself up.
Ask the Taino Indians who the most barbaric religion is...
Christians massacred an entire continent of people...
All religions are barbaric and primitive and anyone who follows one as anything more than a form of enlightenment is dangerous, regardless of which primitive myths they follow.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:24 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
Ask the Taino Indians who the most barbaric religion is...
Christians massacred an entire continent of people...
All religions are barbaric and primitive and anyone who follows one as anything more than a form of enlightenment is dangerous, regardless of which primitive myths they follow.
Yeah ... Those Christians who operate and work in soup kitchens and other organizations that feed the poor are very dangerous.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:27 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Although I am pretty hostile to most any organized religions including the useless "Christian" churches and child chasing Catholic churches, the one religion that is the most barbaric in terms of its philosophy of mass bloodshed, oppression and killing is the religion of Islam.
It has become clear to me that this religion and its followers are blood thirsty jackals for the most part. And today when I heard that the killer at Ft Hood was a Muslim who had praised suicide bombers in the past, I said "no surprise there".
The Christian nutcases are a mere nuisance when compared to the Muslim nutcases. The Catholics might molest children but it takes real lust for blood to strap a bomb on a kid and send him to his death - which a Muslim can justify if he can kill a few Jews while blowing himself up.
Well, for once I agree with at least half of what you say. The second most disastrous religion though far and away are the secularists. They pray to their global warming god, follow blindly their public school gurus and disciples, and worship at the alter of narcissism. Oh, and they are descended of apes, their only real excuse for their behavior.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Yeah ... Those Christians who operate and work in soup kitchens and other organizations that feed the poor are very dangerous.
How about the ones at the Westboro Baptist Church?
What about all those priests/preachers who snort coke, MOLEST YOUNG BOYS, who steal the money of their idiot congregants?
Or the ones who BOMB ABORTION CLINICS?
Or the ones who SHOOT ABORTION DOCTORS with children nearby.

You are so delusional and simply blind. You think you're so great, but it's really about as far from the truth as one can get.

There are MILLIONS of Islamic people who support charities and who give to the community. There are many groups of Muslims who give back to the community.

I know about you and your beliefs and how you think you're superior for being a Christian...you're not.

WHAT MADE YOU BELIEVE IN YOUR PRIMITIVE SUPERSTITIONS?
Were you indoctrinated?
Were you born-again because of a personal tragedy?
Were you born-again because you needed some meaning in your life?
Those are the only options.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Well, for once I agree with at least half of what you say. The second most disastrous religion though far and away are the secularists. They pray to their global warming god, follow blindly their public school gurus and disciples, and worship at the alter of narcissism. Oh, and they are descended of apes, their only real excuse for their behavior.
And Christians are so perfect with their denial of facts, information and intelligence?

Get over yourself. Your religion is just as primitive and dangerous as Islam, you both worship the same myths and fairy tales, you just believe in a different Zombie.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:46 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
"" When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them ""

-- Muhammad, Surrah 9:5

" "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also ""

-- Jesus, Luke 6

Old 11-06-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
"" When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them ""

-- Muhammad, Surrah 9:5

" "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also ""

-- Jesus, Luke 6
Actions speak louder than words.

CASE IN POINT:
The Spanish Inquisition.
The Conquistadors.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:17 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
And Christians are so perfect with their denial of facts, information and intelligence?

Get over yourself. Your religion is just as primitive and dangerous as Islam, you both worship the same myths and fairy tales, you just believe in a different Zombie.
Anyone that would call the teachings of Jesus Christ a Zombie is either purely ignorant of what he is speaking of or is of the cast of the global warming god. Are you praying for snow tonight. AAAhhhhAAAAA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies