Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 05:39 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,939,495 times

Advertisements

Young Chinese consumers likely to buy U.S. products.

IndustryWeek : China's "Chuppies" Are Buying American
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 05:39 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,646,405 times
We only bought American cars but all around me are Japanese cars....I don't get it.

But that is just one issue and not solving the rest of the issues.

Unions are bad for the economy and for jobs. Who is paying all the Union employees? If you say, the employers and employees of companies...you would be right, that is money that could be paid to employees of the same companies...what a waste and the only thing Unions are doing is making the process so expensive that foreign countries with no Uions are able to compete much better and have cheaper products and consumers will buy these products...

Old 11-06-2009, 05:57 PM

782 posts, read 3,784,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
We only bought American cars but all around me are Japanese cars....I don't get it.

But that is just one issue and not solving the rest of the issues.

Unions are bad for the economy and for jobs. Who is paying all the Union employees? If you say, the employers and employees of companies...you would be right, that is money that could be paid to employees of the same companies...what a waste and the only thing Unions are doing is making the process so expensive that foreign countries with no Uions are able to compete much better and have cheaper products and consumers will buy these products...
You have too understand that Management agree to the wages. A union employee can strike all he want to. The employer can lock out the employee and hire a replacement. Many companies are started to do this. Kroger foods lock out the union and hire non-union employees. Oberwise did the same. They stop paying for employees health care. It's up to the employer what they want to pay.

Just like if you have a teenager son, your son tell you he want a beer. Your teen tell you to give him a beer or he will run away. What will you do give him a beer or open the door and let him start running.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:56 PM

24,495 posts, read 33,233,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Yeah, this is true. Regardless of party affiliation, I don't think ANY politician has the stones to say what most logical Americans KNOW is the truth: That we are in for a long hard road to dig this country out of the mess we're in....

It includes, yes;

-Raising Taxes
-Cutting spending

What's funny is I think both parties realize that we need to cut spending and then get in office and realize (how they didn't realize earlier is beyond me) that they CANNOT cut spending without pissing somebody off!!!

I was discussing this with a neighbor of mine who is a Republican and I brought up Clinton balancing the budget. His response was, "Yeah, but it was at the expense of the military!!!".

And that's kind of the point. It HAS to be at the expense of SOMEBODY, right?

It's mindboggling how everyone realizes we need to sacrifice, but yet nobody is WILLING to sacrifice....

(Time for a third party YET?? )
You've got it backwards. Raising taxes won't help the economy, but cutting them will.

And the only one who needs to sacrifice is the government and its overspending.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:09 PM

24,495 posts, read 33,233,414 times
Quote:
i

So wait, the government made it POSSIBLE for more people to buy homes and the PEOPLE bought the homes?

Sounds like a FREEDOM that maybe some people weren't ready to handle, eh?
The question is how many of them could afford to buy the homes?

Quote:
Yeah, noticed that the peak of the housing market was SMACK dab in the middle of the Bush years and he did NOTHING to slow it down (I guess cause that would be the government "getting in the way" right?)
You must have missed that part of the Bush years... the Bush administration tried many times to reform Freddie and Fannie.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:24 PM

77,012 posts, read 47,489,856 times
Quote:
Dont' need to... I remember them quite vividly. It's the "balanced budgets" he proposed that seem a little fuzzy in my recollection of the Reagan years....
I wonder is anyone here remembers Republicans tearing into Reagan for not turning the economy around in nine months? I don't remember them saying a word.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:38 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,627,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I wonder is anyone here remembers Republicans tearing into Reagan for not turning the economy around in nine months? I don't remember them saying a word.
Don't you understand? The 10.8% unemployment rate under Reagan in 1982 - that was all Carter's fault.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:43 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,001,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Don't you understand? The 10.8% unemployment rate under Reagan in 1982 - that was all Carter's fault.
Unemployment under Reagan didnt pass 9.5, at which point Reagan passed tax cuts dropping the unemployment rate down to 5.2% when he left office. You may now carry on with your lying..

Old 11-06-2009, 10:21 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,326,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Unemployment under Reagan didnt pass 9.5, at which point Reagan passed tax cuts dropping the unemployment rate down to 5.2% when he left office. You may now carry on with your lying..
It was 10.7(something) in 1982. I wonder how many of the new jobs were due to the monstrous increase in military spending. When Reagan came into office, the US was the worlds larges creditor and he turned us into the worlds largest debtor. The economy has been put on a credit card ever since.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:29 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,278,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Its time Obama stop playing golf, Stop playing basketball, Stop going to fund raisers, Stop flying around the country to get support for Obamacare.

People need to get back to work. He needs to keep his butt in dc in the oval office and figure something out.

I agree.

His priorities are all screwed up.

His lack of leadership abilities and decision making skills are showing through.

What happened to that 8.0% promise by Obama? Guess that got blown out of the water real quick.

Obamas next book

MASTER OF THE ECONOMIC DISASTER by B. Hussein Obama
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies