U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-06-2009, 11:20 AM
 
Location: Tennessee/Michigan
28,217 posts, read 47,628,039 times
Reputation: 19724

Advertisements

In the midst of the murderous gunfire that sent soldiers at Fort Hood scattering, it was a civilian mother of two who ran towards the gunfire, taking down the shooter in a close range gunbattle that left both wounded.

Sgt. Kimberly Munley, who lives in Killeen, Texas, has been hailed a hero by Fort Hood base commander Lt. Gen. Robert Cone, who credited her today with bringing the massacre to an end and saving an untold number of lives.

Fort Hood Officer Kimberly Munley Hailed as Massacre Hero - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-06-2009, 11:21 AM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
3,388 posts, read 3,333,536 times
Reputation: 2392
As she should be!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2009, 11:23 AM
 
23,851 posts, read 19,861,252 times
Reputation: 9383
My new hero!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2009, 11:24 AM
 
3,151 posts, read 3,140,799 times
Reputation: 1076
She is a true hero..except I wish her aim was better...now we have to support this piece of garbage for the rest of his life...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2009, 11:25 AM
 
Location: The Great State of Texas, Finally!
5,349 posts, read 10,847,302 times
Reputation: 2442
THere were lots of heros yesterday. Eyewitness stories tell that several soldiers were ripping off their own uniform t shirts and making them into pressure points to stop the bleeding until medical help came. One soldier who was hit himself did this as well. I think he died from what the news reporter said. Lots of heros. God bless em all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2009, 12:15 PM
 
19,216 posts, read 12,995,690 times
Reputation: 2337
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
In the midst of the murderous gunfire that sent soldiers at Fort Hood scattering, it was a civilian mother of two who ran towards the gunfire, taking down the shooter in a close range gunbattle that left both wounded.

Sgt. Kimberly Munley, who lives in Killeen, Texas, has been hailed a hero by Fort Hood base commander Lt. Gen. Robert Cone, who credited her today with bringing the massacre to an end and saving an untold number of lives.

Fort Hood Officer Kimberly Munley Hailed as Massacre Hero - ABC News
Was she a contract security guard?

I can't figure it out from the report.

Last edited by ergohead; 11-06-2009 at 12:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2009, 06:47 PM
 
5,481 posts, read 6,908,684 times
Reputation: 4287
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
She is a true hero..except I wish her aim was better...now we have to support this piece of garbage for the rest of his life...
He's on a ventilator, is paralyzed, and is unconscious. Hopefully he wakes up and lives a horrible life as a vent dependent quadrapalegic in a VA medical center getting unofficially waterboarded every time the nurses need to suction out his trach. That is a much higher price to pay for his actions.

Sorry pal, you lived, so no virgins for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2009, 06:58 PM
 
Location: Florida
1,779 posts, read 3,487,190 times
Reputation: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Was she a contract security guard?

I can't figure it out from the report.
No.

If I remember correctly she is a Department of Army police officer. They have full police powers on military bases. Similar to univeristy police on college campus.

She's a real cop, not a security guard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2009, 07:13 PM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,565,872 times
Reputation: 5930
Here's another FEMALE hero:

Wis. soldier praised after Fort Hood shooting


The Associated Press


Published: Friday, November 6, 2009 at 9:54 a.m.
Last Modified: Friday, November 6, 2009 at 12:16 p.m.
RANDOM LAKE, Wis. - A military spokesman has praised the heroics of a Wisconsin soldier who helped other soldiers injured in the Fort Hood shooting before tending to her own wounds.

.art_main_pic { width:250px; float:left; clear:left; }
Click to enlarge
Amber Bahr's military photo provided courtesy of the family. Bahr, a native of Random Lake, Wisc.
Buy photo
AP


Related Links:
Lt. Gen. Bob Cone told NBC's "Today" show Friday that 19-year-old Amber Bahr of Random Lake helped apply a tourniquet to an injured soldier. He says Bahr then attended to other soldiers before realizing she'd been shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2009, 07:14 PM
 
Location: Palm Springs, CA
26,529 posts, read 25,030,074 times
Reputation: 7739
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
He's on a ventilator, is paralyzed, and is unconscious. Hopefully he wakes up and lives a horrible life as a vent dependent quadrapalegic in a VA medical center getting unofficially waterboarded every time the nurses need to suction out his trach. That is a much higher price to pay for his actions.
I feel sad about the entire situation. What makes it worse is to know that many Americans have such a vitriolic desire for revenge and believe that "an eye for an eye" is the foundation for a good and peaceful society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top