Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 08:15 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
God that's freightening that anyone can fully support that nutcase liar!

I guess it is all that love and concern the left wingers have for the poor that want to force people to buy insurance that cannot afford it or go to jail. If the democrats stay in power half of America will be living under bridges or in gulags.
Or FEMA Camps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 08:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
How are they going to find people who haven't paid taxes in years, have no photo ID, and never registered to vote ? Where in the dink are poor people going to get 15 grand ?
You have to laugh at this. People that are too poor to afford insurance are now mandated to pay $15K per year...that's more than I pay per year under my employer's plan.

And this is the plan that would make insurance affordable for all ?
This is the plan that the Democrats are behind and think this is good for Americans ?

As some other poster stated..now we have a use for all those empty FEMA camps.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:43 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Or FEMA Camps
"FEMA Camps".........a.k.a........(Foreclosed Empty Mcmansions for All).......Foreclosed homes, now owned by da bank.......you know the one......'First National Bank of Uncle Sam'.....(Member FDIC) and backed by it's now-captive citizens.

I can clearly envision their slogans whenever they start their advertising on PBS:

"Allowing squatters the opportunity to "imagine" home-ownership....one foreclosure at a time."

"Managed by ACORN....endorsed by your Govt......an EHO, caring agency with over 2 decades of experience in assisting thousands of families......pimps, prostitutes and as many underage illegals you wish to adopt.......a chance to achieve the American dream."

"Helping whoever in Hell you may be.....a chance to succeed and thrive in the community."

What you do after that......is not our biz".
"We'll even assist you with your tax forms."

Last edited by Sign; 11-06-2009 at 09:02 PM..

Old 11-06-2009, 10:11 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,840,583 times
15k!? I only pay approximately $5200 a year for insurance on my family of 5...and I am self-employed! They can take a long walk off a short bridge if they think this will fly.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
"FEMA Camps".........a.k.a........(Foreclosed Empty Mcmansions for All).......Foreclosed homes, now owned by da bank.......you know the one......'First National Bank of Uncle Sam'.....(Member FDIC) and backed by it's now-captive citizens.

I can clearly envision their slogans whenever they start their advertising on PBS:

"Allowing squatters the opportunity to "imagine" home-ownership....one foreclosure at a time."

"Managed by ACORN....endorsed by your Govt......an EHO, caring agency with over 2 decades of experience in assisting thousands of families......pimps, prostitutes and as many underage illegals you wish to adopt.......a chance to achieve the American dream."

"Helping whoever in Hell you may be.....a chance to succeed and thrive in the community."

What you do after that......is not our biz".
"We'll even assist you with your tax forms."
You forgot one major advertising pitch:

"Free healthcare"

Old 11-06-2009, 10:21 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
This is just another way for the government to gain control over our lives.

That is all this law is supposed to accomplish and some people are so partisan that they can't see what is going on. Well, we have tried and tried. Maybe after it is too late they will understand.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
How are they going to find people who haven't paid taxes in years, have no photo ID, and never registered to vote ? Where in the dink are poor people going to get 15 grand ?
Maybe they can steal it from rich people before the government gets all the wealth distributed to make us all equal.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
This is just another way for the government to gain control over our lives.

That is all this law is supposed to accomplish and some people are so partisan that they can't see what is going on. Well, we have tried and tried. Maybe after it is too late they will understand.
It won't take long. Those lower income folks with no insurance will not have a spare $15K.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You have to laugh at this. People that are too poor to afford insurance are now mandated to pay $15K per year...that's more than I pay per year under my employer's plan.

And this is the plan that would make insurance affordable for all ?
This is the plan that the Democrats are behind and think this is good for Americans ?

As some other poster stated..now we have a use for all those empty FEMA camps.
I guess none of these people noticed that CBO says the Republican plan will cost $5000 less than the Dems. Oh well $10,000 is quite a wad too.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
15k!? I only pay approximately $5200 a year for insurance on my family of 5...and I am self-employed! They can take a long walk off a short bridge if they think this will fly.
Nasty Nancy thinks she can twist enough arms for it to fly through her House and actually Dirty Harry thinks he can get enough votes to get it through the Senate. It may be time for people to start looking at what they are actually doing to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies