Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Agree or disagree: Society would be better off if women stayed out of the workplace
Strongly agree 34 12.93%
Mostly agree 22 8.37%
Neither agree nor disagree 19 7.22%
Mostly disagree 19 7.22%
Strongly disagree 169 64.26%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 07:23 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,689,422 times

Advertisements

Once again, the rich have stolen half of the economy and we are fighting with each other over the scraps they missed. I am not going to go after women, hispanics, blacks, the unemployed or anyone else as long as 40% of every dollar goes to Wall Street
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 07:24 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,754,704 times
My mother did not work until we were all teens. We had a house and a car and we all ate and had clothes. We even had the rare luxury of a 2nd phone line - because the girls are always on it- for the kids. But that was then and this is now. Women should be allowed to choose what they wish to do. Men today are no good for the most part. Women know that they cannot depend on today's men. And women today are far less likely to put up with a man who does things they don't like- even if he is dependable. My dad was an alcoholic and we put up with that because he was the bread winner. And he was actually pretty nice when he wasn't drinking.
There are certain professions I would rather see "men only" such as fireman, lineman, infantry soldier mining and logging but 99% of jobs a woman can do just fine.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:25 AM

555 posts, read 2,211,549 times
This topic is hilarious. I think about all the women taking lower paying jobs and doing them well.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:26 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,275,133 times
As far as having a family goes:
I believe that a woman is much more suited to it than a man is. So if kids were involved the woman, if possible, should not work outside the home. Raising kids is work enough!

Old 11-07-2009, 07:31 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,754,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Once again, the rich have stolen half of the economy and we are fighting with each other over the scraps they missed. I am not going to go after women, hispanics, blacks, the unemployed or anyone else as long as 40% of every dollar goes to Wall Street
You are right but the Republicans always want to blame those groups for everything while they steal us blind. And we are dumb enough to believe it. If you are unemployed, it must be your fault or the fault of the blacks, Mexicans and women who stole your job from you. Republicans run on that and it often works for them.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:33 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,143,615 times
In the 60's and 70's CEOs and other top execs made 30 to 40% more than the average American....NOW it's 400-600%...is that REALLY the fault of women???

And maybe, just MAYBE, if women weren't told repeatedly that there only goal in life isn't to pump out babies but to make a life for themselves and be successfull...maybe the economy would improve by their uninterrupted contributions which have been enormous DESPITE having baaaaaaaaaaaaabies!

Now, everyone go read the thread on Fort Hood's hero. I am so glad she wasn't at home cooking dinner for some dope who couldn't feed himself or doing "womanly" work like cleaning a toilet...

Then read some history about the great contributions to this country women have made DESPITE being told they are nothing more than breeding/cleaning cattle.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:43 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,689,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
You are right but the Republicans always want to blame those groups for everything while they steal us blind. And we are dumb enough to believe it. If you are unemployed, it must be your fault or the fault of the blacks, Mexicans and women who stole your job from you. Republicans run on that and it often works for them.

YouTube - south park-they took our jobs!!!

Old 11-07-2009, 07:44 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,672,147 times
I go back to the idea that children need as much stability as possible, that involves the father and the mother.
Nothing wrong with dying to self to uplift others.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:49 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,143,615 times
Here's a relevent thread:

News, Black students told to act like slaves.

OK, that's wrong.....why would it be right to tell women that???

Old 11-07-2009, 07:52 AM

507 posts, read 678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
As far as having a family goes:
I believe that a woman is much more suited to it than a man is. So if kids were involved the woman, if possible, should not work outside the home. Raising kids is work enough!
Yes. Raising kids is work enough, but is it the work that all women who have children want to do full time? No. Again, this all comes down to choice and personality. Some women simply enjoy their careers and children, and they would be incredibly unhappy if they were expected to be full-time SAHMs. And in my opinion, unhappy mothers do not produce happy children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies