U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 12:35 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,361,075 times

Advertisements

I've been watching CNN and they are peddling a **** and bull story right now about all the mass shootings in the US in the past year and the common villain is "guns." Not Islamic terrorism, no, just . . . guns. We need gun control on our military bases! Yes, that's the answer!

Plus, every silly news anchor for the past 5 hours has managed to get in some comment about how they hope there won't be a backlash against Muslims due to the Ft. Hood attack. Not, "we hope we can prevent all future terrorist attacks against our military and our citizenry," but simply "we must all work together to protect the Muslims."

Unbelievable. It is so difficult to see so many people being so stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 12:36 PM

16,133 posts, read 20,819,764 times
Islamic Terrorists will fear us if we don't have guns?

Old 11-07-2009, 12:37 PM

14,810 posts, read 14,003,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I've been watching CNN and they are peddling a **** and bull story right now about all the mass shootings in the US in the past year and the common villain is "guns." Not Islamic terrorism, no, just . . . guns. We need gun control on our military bases! Yes, that's the answer!

Plus, every silly news anchor for the past 5 hours has managed to get in some comment about how they hope there won't be a backlash against Muslims due to the Ft. Hood attack. Not, "we hope we can prevent all future terrorist attacks against our military and our citizenry," but simply "we must all work together to protect the Muslims."

Unbelievable. It is so difficult to see so many people being so stupid.
It's a PC world we live in today.

Old 11-07-2009, 12:39 PM

31,385 posts, read 32,089,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Islamic Terrorists will fear us if we don't have guns?
I don't know but I'm not sure that they will fear us more because any tom dick and ali if has a FN chambered in 20rds of 5.7x28.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:17 PM

16,946 posts, read 22,263,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I don't know but I'm not sure that they will fear us more because any tom dick and ali if has a FN chambered in 20rds of 5.7x28.
If it weren't for the policy of having nearly all our soldiers disarmed on base that killer could of been stopped quicker. No, guns won't deter crazy suicidal muslim terrorists, but it can stop them before they kill as many in attacks like this one.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:22 PM

69,372 posts, read 55,485,113 times
Do I have to be the first to point out that 9/11 took place without the use of ONE gun?

Another example of CNN just missing the story, no wonder they are in last place for viewers

Old 11-08-2009, 01:22 AM

6,111 posts, read 5,075,793 times
Aren't you glad you live in a country where have the right to buy all the arms you need to inflict a little whoop ass on your fellow classmates and Professors (like Mr Choi did at Virginia Tech) or take down the lunch time crowd at Luby's in Kileen TX or get even with the US Army like Major Hasan.
Happiness is a warm gun yeh! Bang, bang, shoot shoot!

Since, America is not serious about regulating these dangerous toys, I actually get a real charge out of these mass shooting tragedies they are real funny.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:24 AM

55,659 posts, read 74,604,692 times
w/o guns who would stop the mass murderers?

Old 11-08-2009, 01:31 AM

403 posts, read 469,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Aren't you glad you live in a country where have the right to buy all the arms you need to inflict a little whoop ass on your fellow classmates and Professors (like Mr Choi did at Virginia Tech) or take down the lunch time crowd at Luby's in Kileen TX or get even with the US Army like Major Hasan.
Happiness is a warm gun yeh! Bang, bang, shoot shoot!

Since, America is not serious about regulating these dangerous toys, I actually get a real charge out of these mass shooting tragedies they are real funny.
deer are dangerous animals.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:28 AM

30,443 posts, read 20,098,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Do I have to be the first to point out that 9/11 took place without the use of ONE gun?

Another example of CNN just missing the story, no wonder they are in last place for viewers

Yes, but if even one sane person on those planes had a fire arm, 9/11 would have never happened. The solution is to arm everyone who is not a criminal or lunatic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies