Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2009, 12:42 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,712,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
Take a cyber tour of the French 'no go zones'.
Do we want that here?
Here's the French Government's link for the No Go Zones
Atlas des 751 Zones Urbaines Sensibles (http://i.ville.gouv.fr/divbib/doc/chercherZUS.htm - broken link)

"They go by the euphemistic term Zones Urbaines Sensibles, or Sensitive Urban Zones, with the even more antiseptic acronym ZUS, and there are 751 of them as of last count. They are conveniently listed on one long webpage, complete with street demarcations and map delineations.
What are they? Those places in France that the French state does not control. They range from two zones in the medieval town of Carcassone to twelve in the heavily Muslim town of Marseilles, with hardly a town in France lacking in its ZUS."

The French government has created a list of areas taken over by Muslim residents that the government has NO CONTROL of.

The Muslim residents are using Fench law against the French. It's only a matter of time before we see it here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 01:00 PM

433 posts, read 459,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
History says other wise.
The question asked wasn't about the past it was about the present; Name a major world religion other than Islam that preaches hate and destruction for non-believers- esp the Christian faith.

As for the rest of your post shall I simply say that I think your opinions are claptrap. It's quite obvious that you've either not visited the Middle East or stayed with the tour group when you did.

Dano

Old 11-08-2009, 01:07 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,359,747 times
Most of the Muslims I've met have been cool, I've had no problems with them.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:09 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
What are your feelings about muslims in USA?

In the aftermath of the recent mass murder of Americans by a Palestinian muslim with USA citizenship,
it is useful to have your comments on muslims in USA,either on visa status,or naturalised...

My feelings on Muslims are the same as they are on Christians, Jews, or any other religious group here on this land. If one doesn't belong here, they all don't belong here.

Not to let details get in the way, he was as much of a US citizen as some of the founding fathers.

Last edited by plannine; 11-08-2009 at 01:41 PM..

Old 11-08-2009, 01:20 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,010,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoTex View Post
The question asked wasn't about the past it was about the present; Name a major world religion other than Islam that preaches hate and destruction for non-believers- esp the Christian faith.

As for the rest of your post shall I simply say that I think your opinions are claptrap. It's quite obvious that you've either not visited the Middle East or stayed with the tour group when you did.

Dano

Whatever..

by the way.. islam DOESN'T teach or preach violence.. People with an EXTREME agenda hijacked the religion .. same as the skinheads of America hijack Christianity ...

Old 11-08-2009, 01:21 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
They need Jesus.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:24 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
They need Jesus.

They have Jesus
. And those who don't, are like the Christians who need Allah.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:30 PM

433 posts, read 459,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Do you believe, as a Christian, that the bible is the word of God? What about when God commands in Exodus 22:18 "Suffer not a witch to live" or Deuteronomy 18:10-12 in which it states that witchcraft, sorcery, witches and sorcerers are abominations and God commands they be driven out/Claims he drove them out and those that practice them be driven out.

Are these acceptable references to you as a Christian or are you going to cherry pick your bible.
I wasn't aware that my personal beliefs had any part in this thread. What the Bible says or doesn't say isn't germane. Esp since neither quote says anything about female genital mutilation, honor killings, or burning witches.

You said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Unfortunately it does, it is just dismissed as "an African problem" or "not real Christianity".

Some of the countries with the highest rates of female genital mutilation, (Kenya and Ethiopia) have vast christian majorities.

As to honor killing, intensely Evangelical southern Nigeria, has a vast population of children that have been abandoned or killed by their families, because their families viewed them as witches, and therefore a threat to the community. This is in addition to the witch burnings of adults which occur with a high frequency in that region.

Of course you will just dismiss them as not being "real Christians," because it is easier to do that then man up to the crazies in your own religion.
And I replied:
Quote:
So you have a cite to demonstrate there is a Christian doctrine teaches that these acts are acceptable? IMO what you're referring to is animism coupled with missionary taught Christianity. I don't think there's any teaching of burning witches or female genital mutilation from the Christian side.

Dano
Followed by:

"So you have a cite to demonstrate there is a Christian doctrine teaches that these acts are acceptable?"

And of course you've been tap dancing around the question ever since.

Dano

Old 11-08-2009, 02:33 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,390,751 times
Quote:
I wasn't aware that my personal beliefs had any part in this thread. What the Bible says or doesn't say isn't germane. Esp since neither quote says anything about female genital mutilation, honor killings, or burning witches.

You said:

And I replied:

Followed by:

"So you have a cite to demonstrate there is a Christian doctrine teaches that these acts are acceptable?"

And of course you've been tap dancing around the question ever since.

Dano
What the bible says is not germane to Christianity? That is news to me.
"Suffer not a Witch to live" has nothing to do with burning Witches?

As to female genital mutilation it was being practiced by Christians in Egypt and Ethiopia, long before Christianity reached Western Europe.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:23 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,411,687 times
To answer the OP, my opinion is this...........If Muslims choose to immigrate to the United States they need to be willing to assimilate. What has happened in Europe is beyond the pale. Why should any country be willing to change its culture to accomodate immigrants?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies