Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 01:35 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,012,232 times

Advertisements

I do not feel anything different.

I've met and known a lot of muslims having lived in New York. They were the most peaceful people I have ever met and while they practiced their faith, they didn't expect us to practice theres.

Just as there are extreme muslims, there are extreme Christians as well.. There is an extreme in every religion.

If we start changing our acceptance of other religions or cultures, then the terrorist have won in destroying our nation, which is exactly what they want.

Let them stay. Those that have ties with extremist groups over seas should be immediately deported. Those suspected of having ill will toward the people of the country it occupies needs to be closely watched and/or sent home. But not all muslims need to be expelled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 01:36 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Wary.

3,504 posts, read 3,923,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Whatever dude....that card is soooo tired and played out.
if im going to call out muslims, i sure as hell will call out all the terrorist whites.

433 posts, read 459,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
In the aftermath of the recent mass murder of Americans by a Palestinian muslim with USA citizenship,
it is useful to have your comments on muslims in USA,either on visa status,or naturalised...
Immigrants should be vetted for religious tolerance, citizens have freedom of religion.

Dano

Old 11-07-2009, 01:38 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,903,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post

I've met and known a lot of muslims having lived in New York. They were the most peaceful people I have ever met and while they practiced their faith, they didn't expect us to practice theres.

Just as there are extreme muslims, there are extreme Christians as well.. There is an extreme in every religion.

If we start changing our acceptance of other religions or cultures, then the terrorist have won in destroying our nation, which is exactly what they want.

Let them stay. Those that have ties with extremist groups over seas should be immediately deported. Those suspected of having ill will toward the people of the country it occupies needs to be closely watched and/or sent home. But not all muslims need to be expelled.
I'm with you on this one. Well-said, by the way.

Old 11-07-2009, 01:46 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,488,111 times
It is clear that most logical people follow the line "Let's separate the good muslims from the bad"...
Well,in USA,with freedom of speech & religion,how can we legally turn against the bad muslims..?

Should we outlaw curcimcision at age 7 ?
Should we deseggregate the mosques,allowing married men & all women to become imams(...or whatever)...
But then what about the ...Catholic church ,which discriminates against married men & all women ?

How do we support the good muslims & isolate the bad ?

Old 11-07-2009, 01:47 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I have more ill will against the skinhead down the street than I do for my Muslim neighbors....they mind their own business.
Really what's the difference? They seem about the same to me. Find one Muslim country where there's any tolerance or minding their own business. See what happens if a Jewish person tries to move into one of their countries, or a woman shows her face in public.

Old 11-07-2009, 01:49 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post

Same could be said for bringing in Nazis. Many Nazis were fine neighbors, their children were well behaved, clean. Why would you reject that culture? It's actually quite similar to Islam as an ideology.

Old 11-07-2009, 01:51 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Hasan was born in the US though. I have known many Muslim's, but none of them radical extremists. I'm not sure there is an easy answer for the OP's question as I would imagine being an extremely devout Muslim in the US exposes one to prejudice and suspicion that can quite easily cause a person to become more radical. It's a vicious cycle though. And I would imagine monitoring people based on their religious beliefs can easily be perceived as religious persecution, which it is, but sometimes for good reason.

Old 11-07-2009, 01:52 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,012,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
It is clear that most logical people follow the line "Let's separate the good muslims from the bad"...
Well,in USA,with freedom of speech & religion,how can we legally turn against the bad muslims..?

Should we outlaw curcimcision at age 7 ?
Should we deseggregate the mosques,allowing married men & all women to become imams(...or whatever)...
But then what about the ...Catholic church ,which discriminates against married men & all women ?

How do we support the good muslims & isolate the bad ?

Good muslim - one that practices his or her faith as he /she sees fit and to the extent that his religious practices do not impede, harm or take away the inalienable rights of others (this could be said about any religion).

Bad Muslim - one that practices said religion and then does all the opposite of of good muslim. In other words, one that talks about strapping a bomb to himself and one that refers to anyone not practicing their religion as "infadels" that must be killed..

Not sure where circumcision or segregation of mosques comes in. If withiin their religion and households they want to segregate men from woman that is their right, however, that segregation spreading out the general public i have a problem with. I'm not sure where you are going with your statements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies