Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 05:57 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowthedirtbub View Post
Did you even look at the links? All of them are Christian terrorists organizations that commit acts of violence against others because of their beliefs, ideology, and opinions, I would consider that a Christian sect who preaches violence and destruction, not only do the teach violence and destruction, they act upon it.

Locations of some, I'm not listing all, its provided right there in the link.
Army of God- USA
The Lambs of Christ-USA
Lord's Resistance Army-Uganda
Russian National Unity-Russia
Iron God and Lancieri-Romaina Etc.

I don't understand what the difference is between Wahhabi and the organizations I listed. The organizations I listed are sects of the Christian church, Wahhabi is a sect of Muslim.

Jesus Christ, Muslims are the African Americans.

Did Jesus do any of those things?

Now........did Muhammed do those things??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 06:05 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Fort Dix??

Sears Tower???

Honor Killings of their own wives and daughters??

Patriot Act helped foil New York terror plot

Examiner Editorial
September 30, 2009

efforts in thwarting a planned terrorist attack on the city's subway system

Should I keep going??
Keep going with what? Rightwing propaganda that sells war?

By all means, please continue. I'm never surprised at how easy it is to sell war to the masses and more examples will be fine.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:23 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Fort Dix??

Sears Tower???

Honor Killings of their own wives and daughters??

Patriot Act helped foil New York terror plot

Examiner Editorial
September 30, 2009

efforts in thwarting a planned terrorist attack on the city's subway system

Should I keep going??
Yes. Please. I am waiting (eagerly) for the evidence that indicates a compelling number of Muslims in the United States have, are, would, could, are willing, and/or are thinking of doing any of these acts (or similar).

Old 11-11-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Keep going with what? Rightwing propaganda that sells war?

By all means, please continue. I'm never surprised at how easy it is to sell war to the masses and more examples will be fine.

PROPAGANDA????????

DO YOU READ THE PAPERS???? WATCH THE NEWS!!!!!??? LOL!!

Five found guilty of plotting to kill Fort Dix soldiers - CNN.com
CNN

6abc.com: 6 Arrested in Fort Dix Terror Plot 5/08/07
ABC NEWS

Evidence of Plot to Attack Sears Tower - ABC News

All of these are left-wing news agencies!! WAKE UP!!!
SEARS TOWER ABC NEWS

Old 11-11-2009, 06:59 PM

559 posts, read 1,464,337 times
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

You people are willing to discriminate against millions of people violating their first amendment right just to feel a little bit safer at night?

Old 11-11-2009, 07:00 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
I have no strong feelings either way. My interactions with muslims have always been good. I never feel threatened, though I don't think their religion values women very much.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Yes. Please. I am waiting (eagerly) for the evidence that indicates a compelling number of Muslims in the United States have, are, would, could, are willing, and/or are thinking of doing any of these acts (or similar).

Look....you obviously are wearing Muslim colorerd glasses. So I won't waste more energy on you and your bud.

But initially he said "Gee...only one Muslim goes on a rampage and everybody's freakin' out".

Well I listed more than one! But now you want a "COMPELLING NUMBER". Gasp!

As if "ONCE" ISN'T COMPELLING ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!

Well sir......"ONCE" got 13 brave soldiers killed and 31 wounded!!

So even if we don't have another until let's saaaaaay....next week, I'm fed up!

Old 11-11-2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I have no strong feelings either way. My interactions with muslims have always been good. I never feel threatened, though I don't think their religion values women very much.

Heeeey...that's no big deal, right??

Old 11-11-2009, 07:35 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Look....you obviously are wearing Muslim colorerd glasses. So I won't waste more energy on you and your bud.

I am seeing it all quite clearly.

You are taking a handful of incidents and using them as a justification to estalish an immigration policy targeted against a specific group of people that numbers in the millions. You are making the argument that if 100 of them are doing this, then certainly the remaining 1,000,000,000 (plus or minus) worldwide are going to do this as well. These incidents are tragedies and nothing to take lightly. But there is not enough evidence to justify an extrapolation to include the entire Muslim population.

After all, if we are to follow the 'logic' of your argument, we should also prohibit all Muslims living in this country from air travel, as well. Nineteen hijackers crashed two planes into WTC 1 and 2 and they were Muslims, too - the other 2 million Muslims living in this country must getting ready to do the same thing, too. Right?

"Accepting" for a moment that Islam is a violent religion, not every Muslim strictly adheres to every tenet of the Koran. Of those I have encountered, I've observed that they interpret the Koran loosely like a people of other faiths will do. They drink, they smoke, they party, etc. The last time I was in the company of Muslims, I don't recall any jumping up at me with a knife in hand because I was an infidel.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:42 PM

433 posts, read 459,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowthedirtbub View Post
Did you even look at the links? All of them are Christian terrorists organizations that commit acts of violence against others because of their beliefs, ideology, and opinions, I would consider that a Christian sect who preaches violence and destruction, not only do the teach violence and destruction, they act upon it.

Locations of some, I'm not listing all, its provided right there in the link.
Army of God- USA
The Lambs of Christ-USA
Lord's Resistance Army-Uganda
Russian National Unity-Russia
Iron God and Lancieri-Romaina Etc.

I don't understand what the difference is between Wahhabi and the organizations I listed. The organizations I listed are sects of the Christian church, Wahhabi is a sect of Muslim.

Jesus Christ, Muslims are the African Americans.
Yes I did look at each of the links. The locations were apparent- what it doesn't say is where someone can attend services and learn the doctrine being taught; it's difficult to believe they have credibility if you can't find their churches. The links I provided indicate that 80% of the Mosques in the US are Wahhabi; Find a Mosque and odds are 4 to 1 it's teaching Wahhabism. Pretty simple to find I would think.
Did you bother to look at the links I provided? If so I find it hard to believe you can't see the difference. IMO The difference is that the 'Christian' organizations you listed are fringe- taught in very few (if any) locations and not recognized as true doctrine by any mainstream religion or serious Bible scholar. Most seem to target abortionists since they apparently believe that by doing so they protect innocents. Christ didn't teach killing unbelievers, (even to protect the innocent); Mohammad did. The Wahhabi sect is a fundamentalist group of Jihadists recognized by mainstream Muslim groups and serious Qu'ran scholars as a valid Islamic sect.

I would have identified Jesus, Mohammad, and the original Muslims as Arabic rather than "African Americans" but whatever floats your boat is fine with me.

Dano
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies