Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2009, 06:13 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I would only allow those who renounced Islam. All religions are a little crazy sometimes but Islam is the only one with tenents that are actually evil and destructive.
Take a cyber tour of the French 'no go zones'.
Do we want that here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 07:05 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,316 times
No animosity at all towards Muslims, or any other minority.
I think the major will be brought to trial, and will be handed the punishment which the court decides.
Since he was Military, it may be a court marshal.
The major may also face civil lawsuits too.
Possibly life imprisonment? But, would that be fair for the victim's families?

Old 11-08-2009, 08:14 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,011,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoTex View Post
I could be mistaken but the level of extremism would seem to be a bit different. While I have felt uncomfortable and ostracized in the company of some religious orders, I never felt at all threatened. Not at all true in Muslim countries where the treat is palpable at times. Can you cite another major religion that preaches death and destruction to those with different beliefs?
History says other wise. Look at the Christian Crusades etc. Yes, in modern times there isn't a hostile Christian nation , it's time came and went. But there has been and still is many ways in which the Christian religion tries to be totaltarian in one way or another.

As for Muslim nations, there problem is not so much that there religion alone that is the problem, but the totaltarian governments , the factions of religion fighting for that totaltarian control that causes years of hostility and resentment toward other religions/cultures that are not their own. They just do not know how to live in harmony alongside each other. As "religious" as the extremists like to be, they are in fact quite the opposite and completely miss any spiritual mark whatsoever.

While I disagree with some practices in the less extreme form of the muslim religion (like their view that woman are inferior) they are indeed a peaceful religion. It's the ones that take things to the extremes and that are using said religion to gain power over the people that cause the problems.

BTW.. the Catholic church in it's hey day , the same thing could be said about them. I'm not talking about strapping bombs, but the fight for control over people and power etc.

Quote:
So how do we deal with those with "ties with extremist groups over seas" who are natural born US citizens? I would think that is the greater problem.

Dano
Extremism is an illness.. a mental one at that. Look at those that join the accult. A person that has grown up in this country isn't going to be influenced into extremism by the same factors that cause people in those hostile countries into it . What i mean by that is that those countries are poor. You're either in control and are extremely wealthy (the leader) or you are poor. The leaders of those muslim countries kep all the wealth for themselves, invest nothing in infrastructure and things for their people, then turn around and convince their population that the western world is to blame for their condition. While violence is not the answer, you can see how they have grown into their extreme views.

However, someone born here that hasn't been subjected to that may have been subjected to other things, perhaps like discrimination by people who are afraid of muslims like those on this board. Or perhaps they are unhappy in other areas of their life and they grow these unhealthy attitudes.

I think that anyone of the muslim faith that travels to a nation that harbors extremism needs to have their visit to that country closely monitored, especially if they have been know to be U.S born extremists. Beyond that, if you can even do that, there isn't much you can do.

We can't just expel all muslims or outlaw the religion, so I'm not quite sure what the point of your question is. Perhaps if there were more tolerance they'd have no reason to build hostile feelings toward their own country.

Sometimes, these people are simply mentally ill or deficient in some way..just like someone that falls into an occult.

All I know, is that you can't look at all muslims with those prejudice eyes.. it's like now that we have become more accepting of black Americans in our culture, are we now looking for the new race/religion to persecute and push down?

Old 11-08-2009, 08:38 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
In the aftermath of the recent mass murder of Americans by a Palestinian muslim with USA citizenship,
it is useful to have your comments on muslims in USA,either on visa status,or naturalised...
And your point is...what? That people should be excluded from setting foot in the United States based on religious affiliation? That being the case, what would you think if some future government should decide that whatever you believe in is worthy of exclusion? I guess you'd make a case that they haven't got a right to throw you out...

Old 11-08-2009, 08:44 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,398,956 times
Of the six major religions on planet earth, 4 worship the same God. My mind is totally void of the logic of how each of those 4 are so much better than the other 3 the other three should die for their infidelity.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:48 AM

757 posts, read 802,887 times
There are radicals in every religion. They are a small % of the larger group. To say all Muslims are terrorists is like saying all Christians support bombing abortion clinics.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:52 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
There are radicals in every religion. They are a small % of the larger group. To say all Muslims are terrorists is like saying all Christians support bombing abortion clinics.

Well......

Old 11-08-2009, 08:55 AM

757 posts, read 802,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Well......
'all' being the operative word...

Old 11-08-2009, 09:23 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
I'd like to see Muslims stigmitized to where they do not feel comfortable being here and leave of their own accord.

No amount of stigma or the hostile environment that creates could ever equal the horror of their home countries, so I don't think there is much hope of getting them to leave voluntarily.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:26 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Ones faith does not determine whether or not they are good citizen. Threads like this are a prime example of how some people are more than a little confused about those that are slightly different from themselves. Sad to see.
Casper
Slightly different? Oh, boy. It has nothing to do with degrees of differentiation. It has everything to do with their murderous impulses and their track record of taking over every host country they have ever inhabited.

The Amish are different, and no one has any issue with them whatsoever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies