Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2009, 12:02 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Isn't that the truth?

Gotta love a country that pretty much ties health care to employment.
So lets bring the costs down so the average person can afford it on their own health care.

What would this country come to, if the only way to afford a home or a car was to have your employer give you one as a term of employment? Or worse yet, that the only way to afford a home or a car was to have the federal government supply you with one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 12:03 PM

1,629 posts, read 3,476,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Lets start here

Since you dont like me telling you that your wrong, how about we count on someone more reliable to tell you. YOU

What part of the bill says that employers who drop their private insurance cant take part in the public option because it completely ignores the fact that if this passes its against the law NOT TO HAVE insurance and its being funded to the tune of $1 TRILLION to cover the cost. Are you claiming the law contradicts itself by allowing people to have insurance than drop it and then not needing to get insurance again?

I've never met so many people in my life that can pretend that they are right about a bill while ignoring the bill itself, Obama, and Congress who all say they are wrong.
YOU'RE

If a company chooses to drop their employee health coverage, those employees, as individuals, can take part in the public option. However, the EMPLOYER canNOT have his/her CORPORATE coverage subsidized by the government. Got it?

Medical bills are THE NUMBER ONE cause of bankruptcy in this country. The people who are complaining about health insurance reform are the same people who are complaining about the economy. Ironic much?

Old 11-08-2009, 12:04 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
I'm waiting for the line of the bill which says employers cant drop coverage..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
I never said there was one.
This wasnt you?
Quote:
Read the bill. Employers are forbidden from partaking in the public option right now.
So NOW that you admit they can drop their private care.. what are their options if they do? ONLY option the PUBLIC option..

Old 11-08-2009, 12:07 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,903,605 times
Quote:
You're basically preaching anarchy, if you think a country can get by without mandatory ANYTHING.
Anarchy=NOT

This country can get by with a lot less than you think.

One Example;
Up until WW2, there was no Federal Income Tax ... how on earth did we ever make it as a nation without that anyway? Anarchy? .. Ya .. I thought not.

Give the ole company line a rest and join the rest of us real Americans way out here in the real world.

Old 11-08-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
This wasnt you?

So NOW that you admit they can drop their private care.. what are their options if they do? ONLY option the PUBLIC option..
No.

Read my comment above.

Employers can drop coverage of their employees. That has always been the case.

Under the reform, if they choose to do so, those employees would then have an option other than the super-expensive Cobra - the public option.

HOWEVER, the EMPLOYERS themselves cannot provide health insurance that is subsidized by the government. If they want to continue providing coverage for their employees, it will be the same as it has always been.

I know it's complicated,Moderator cut: not necessary

Last edited by katzenfreund; 11-08-2009 at 02:25 PM..

Old 11-08-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
If a company chooses to drop their employee health coverage, those employees, as individuals, can take part in the public option. However, the EMPLOYER canNOT have his/her CORPORATE coverage subsidized by the government. Got it?
WRONG.. If a company chooses to drop their health coverage, the individuals HAVE to take part of the public option or go to jail. The employer simply pays a tax. Employer cant have their corporate coverage subsidized? When does a corporation need healthcare? I've been to lots of doctors offices and hospitals, I dont think I've EVER seen a corporation in with a doctor discussing their health issues.
Quote:
Medical bills are THE NUMBER ONE cause of bankruptcy in this country. The people who are complaining about health insurance reform are the same people who are complaining about the economy. Ironic much?
ooh look, another uneducated posting claiming that its healthcare costs bankrupting individuals. You must have seen the news stories which also talked about the REAL reasons they file bankruptcy..

Their inability to pay their bills often times due to a loss of income DURING THEIR ILLNESS..

This bill does not solve that problem because if you get sick and cant pay your mortgage, you still file bankruptcy..

Old 11-08-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Anarchy=NOT

This country can get by with a lot less than you think.

One Example;
Up until WW2, there was no Federal Income Tax ... how on earth did we ever make it as a nation without that anyway? Anarchy? .. Ya .. I thought not.

Give the ole company line a rest and join the rest of us real Americans way out here in the real world.
There have always been taxes. Your argument is getting into the realm of Federal vs. State taxes, and State sovereignty, which is entirely another topic.

If you want to have that discussion, start a new thread.

Old 11-08-2009, 12:17 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,903,605 times
Quote:
There have always been taxes. Your argument is getting into the realm of Federal vs. State taxes, and State sovereignty, which is entirely another topic.

If you want to have that discussion, start a new thread.
Hey, you're the one who went all off into this rediculous "Mandatory Everything" spin ...

I provide you with a bit of a history lesson on mandatory things, and all of a sudden you want to take your toys and go home.

Figures

Duck, and Cover used to work in the 50's ... it doesn't go over so well these days though .. especially when you're wrong on things like mandates and tyranny.

Old 11-08-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Employers can drop coverage of their employees. That has always been the case.
I said that, you said I was wrong..
Quote:
Under the reform, if they choose to do so, those employees would then have an option other than the super-expensive Cobra - the public option.
Lets examine those "options"..
1) Public option
2) Super expensive Cobra
3) 5 years jail / $250,000 fine.

You call that an OPTION? Stop digging yourself in the hole and just admit you were wrong..
Quote:
HOWEVER, the EMPLOYERS themselves cannot provide health insurance that is subsidized by the government.
Since your claiming this bill does not allow the government to subsidize the employers care, that would mean that currently they do. What is the tax form I need to fill out to have the government subsidize my employees costs?

Old 11-08-2009, 12:19 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
You can thank that greedy SOB "Sallie Mae" who was/is still subsidized by the federal government. Do they still accumulate interest on interest on the student loans like they did with the HEAL student loan for med students? Insurance companies and Sallie Mae - All sucking on the tit of the federal government and tax payers. When the government wants to cut if off - they cry like a baby.
And the easy answer for politicians, when they see tuition costs rise 8% or more a year, is to shrug, and make the brave choice and take money from every taxpayer to pay the increases. But hey, we have Wi-Fi in the college restrooms, and some really nice college text books that will cost you over $800 a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies