Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2009, 07:07 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
But he never denied that - he denied the right-wing interpretation of the bill, on which he was correct.
You must be joking.

Obama explicitly said that none of the bills would allow taxpayer funding of abortion - turns out he was lying. The House bill DID allow it, the Stapuk amendment struck the language, the dems/libs will try to put it back in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 07:12 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Although I don't agree with you, you are one of the few who actually does something.
How would you know? Just because some don't bother to answer your question, doesn't mean they do nothing.

I hardly ever call my senators here in the belly of the beast - they are both ardent obamaphiles and liberal.

I do however make a lot of calls to the dem house/senate members who can be swayed - those moderate Blue Dogs whose jobs will be on the line in 2010. Much better use of my time and effort.

Make sure you have valid addresses/zips - they usually don't want to talk to you if you don't live in the district.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:24 AM

56 posts, read 73,820 times
The bill will NOT pass.
Nor should it.
Not as it stands currently anyway.

The bill is unconstitutional at best and at worst is destined to destroy the best health care system in the world.

This is a long way from being a done deal.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:56 AM

487 posts, read 636,333 times
So when am I getting free healthcare?

Old 11-10-2009, 08:06 AM

82 posts, read 189,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
So when am I getting free healthcare?
Not only will you get free healthcare you will have your mortgage paid for you, gas put in your car for you, food put on your table and all of this you can have just for supporting us elitest liberals. No need to worry though, we will keep raising the taxes on the hard working american taxpayers so you will be taken care of for life.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:37 AM

1,629 posts, read 3,477,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesY View Post
The bill will NOT pass.
Nor should it.
Not as it stands currently anyway.

The bill is unconstitutional at best and at worst is destined to destroy the best health care system in the world.

This is a long way from being a done deal.
The best healthcare system in the world? That's a joke, right?

Old 11-10-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az2Ny View Post
Not only will you get free healthcare you will have your mortgage paid for you, gas put in your car for you, food put on your table and all of this you can have just for supporting us elitest liberals. No need to worry though, we will keep raising the taxes on the hard working american taxpayers so you will be taken care of for life.
NOTHING in this bill says healthcare will be FREE. It will merely become more affordable because of better market management, the breaking down of current insurance company near-monopolies, and more consistent coverage for people with pre-existing conditions and people who develop conditions while insured that current private companies decide to drop.

No one will be paying for anyone else's healthcare in the future any more than anyone who CURRENTLY pays for insurance does. You ALREADY pay for your neighbor's healthcare when you life a relatively illness-free life and someone else who has a policy through the same company gets cancer and needs chemo.

But you wouldn't know that because you listen to FOX and all their scare tactics.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:01 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
The best healthcare system in the world? That's a joke, right?
No, not a joke.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
No, not a joke.
Well, I know I laughed. Sorry you don't get it.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:11 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Well, I know I laughed. Sorry you don't get it.
We do have the best health care in the world. BTW, I have also had the opportunity to experience health care in other parts of the world too.

We have the best Doctors - the best facilities - the best equipment - the best research
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies