Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 07:36 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,426,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagey cretin View Post
Taxes are breaking my back. I cant take one more dollar of this crap
. Im quittin my job and putting my family on welfare, free health insurance, food stamps, WIC, supplemental SS,

Funk it

I quit
You must be unaware of the fact that this year US taxpayers received a largest tax cut in the nations history.

But go agead and quit is Rush Limbaugh has instructed you to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 07:37 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,827,968 times
I must admit that the fight against All Americans having healthcare by Americans is probably going to harm America more than any islamic extremist group.
Way to go America...you must be so proud!

Old 11-08-2009, 07:39 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,333,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
I must admit that the fight against All Americans having healthcare by Americans is probably going to harm America more than any islamic extremist group.
Way to go America...you must be so proud!
Ain't that the truth.......

Old 11-08-2009, 07:40 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,825,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I think over 60 Democrats need to lose their seats for voting against this. I think there will be either a surge in 3rd Party candidates during the next election or low voter turnout. It's a lose-lose bill, one that was watered down from the very start and saw Democrats attempt to block it.

It's pretty sickening (no pun intended)

See for yourself. See who voted which way, but more importantly, see how many dont have insurance in their home dist. and how much $$$$$ they suckle at from the insurance industry.

Health-care Bill: How the House Voted washingtonpost.com

Great link I love how it shows how much money they took from insurance companys and how many in their district are without insurance.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:41 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,453,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningRaces View Post
By the way, I do not for one minute think that the government really cares about our health...they just want the power that all of this gives them over us!!!

So Republicans, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck have convinced you that the only reason this bill is going thru us so "the government can have more power over you"??

You mean, like, an affordable health care option if you cannot afford insurance is "control over you"?

I'm pretty sure millions of Americans are hoping the government "takes control" and actually does something for them for a change.

Perhaps the greatest, most enduring brainwashing perpetrated on the sheeple by Republicans was by their sainted hero, the former film star Ronald Reagan.

"Government wont solve the problem, government is the problem" This has caused the sheep to believe all government is bad, even when it attempts to provide affordable health care and break up the insurance cartel.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:42 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,825,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You must be unaware of the fact that this year US taxpayers received a largest tax cut in the nations history.

Yes the 3.00 a week extra in my husbands check is very large its really doing a lot to help us let me tell ya

12.00 extra a mth is not worth the extra we are going to be paying for this healthcare bill and cap and trade and if we still smoked we would be in the hole

Old 11-08-2009, 07:43 AM

272 posts, read 214,960 times
I had no idea you wer privy to my pay check stub. Nor did I realize you knew so much about my finances. Spin on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

154 posts, read 535,108 times
Why are so many Americans criticizing this health care reform?!
It works in so many other countries... so why wouldn't it work in the USA?

And please stop whining about your taxes! You need to spend money to improve things.
How can you improve schools, reduce crime and have a good healthcare system with everyone paying less and less taxes.

7,923 posts, read 8,827,968 times
Quote:
So Republicans, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck have convinced you that the only reason this bill is going thru us so "the government can have more power over you"??

You mean, like, an affordable health care option if you cannot afford insurance is "control over you"?

I'm pretty sure millions of Americans are hoping the government "takes control" and actually does something for them for a change.

Perhaps the greatest, most enduring brainwashing perpetrated on the sheeple by Republicans was by their sainted hero, the former film star Ronald Reagan.

"Government wont solve the problem, government is the problem" This has caused the sheep to believe all government is bad, even when it attempts to provide affordable health care and break up the insurance cartel.
Absolutely...........

15,318 posts, read 17,176,054 times
Quote:

No, forcing people who don't want to purchase health insurance is control over you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies