Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 09:43 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times

Advertisements

No, it was a "you were wrong...deal with it"....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 09:59 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
No, it was a "you were wrong...deal with it"....
Nope, it seems I wasnt,
Quote:
Government Expenditures and Investment UP by 2.3% in the third quarter.
News Release: Gross Domestic Product

Real federal government consumption expenditures and gross investment increased 7.9 percent in the third quarter,

National defense increased 8.4 percent, compared with an increase of 14.0 percent. Nondefense increased 6.8 percent, compared
with an increase of 6.1 percent.

Where the hell did you get 2.3% when the BEA says its 7.9%.

Last edited by pghquest; 11-12-2009 at 10:10 AM..

Old 11-12-2009, 10:24 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That really doesn't work - it's ten months actually (we're in November)
Check your calendar. Make sure it's a 2009 version. It won't be 10 months until November 20th, pal.

Quote:
and you all blamed Bush for not getting rid of all the terrorists Clinton allowed into the country in his first 8 months.
Baloney.

Quote:
Seriously - if you're going to blame Bush for 9-11, then you have to blame Obama for anything that happened for the same or longer time period.

Cut back on the Kool-Aid. I'm not blaming Bush for 9/11. Iraq, Afghanistan, and the trashed economy? Yes.

9/11? No.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Was this you focusing on the issue?

Its my thread, and you want to tell me what its about?
Just a reminder, since you'd wandered off the path.

Quote:
You mean like you just tried again to do to the last one?

Would that be the self admitted communist ones?

Would this be the birth certificate issue that Clinton brought up?

So you admit teleprompers are an issue? Odd,

More commonly referred to as "healthcare" by the left..

So now Bush created issues about Obama czars, healthcare, his birth certificate, or are you again trying to change the subject from the issue, to your pretend issue?

I thought you wanted to focus on the issue, if this is true, why do you keep going to Bush? Do you want to change the issue, or pretend its about Bush?

Well atleast you recognize your posting as such.

Boo hoo hoo, there go you again with your hyperpartisan, silliness, and nothing more..

You dont get to dictate to me what my thread is about.. If you dont like the thread, and cant discuss current event, dont bother responding..
If you don't like my responses, feel free not to respond to them. It's understandable that you don't like being exposed.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:28 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Check your calendar. Make sure it's a 2009 version. It won't be 10 months until November 20th, pal.

Baloney.

Cut back on the Kool-Aid. I'm not blaming Bush for 9/11. Iraq, Afghanistan, and the trashed economy? Yes.

9/11? No.
Just wondering who do you think was president when the 9-11 terrorist came into this country?

Old 11-12-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Just wondering who do you think was president when the 9-11 terrorist came into this country?

Doesn't matter what I think. Or what you think. They got here when they got here, didn't they?

Maybe you think the terrorists made that a prime consideration. I don't.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Just a reminder, since you'd wandered off the path.

If you don't like my responses, feel free not to respond to them. It's understandable that you don't like being exposed.
Haha, so your best retort was that I wondered off the path in response to you going off the cliff? Oooh thats just funny
Quote:
Doesn't matter what I think.
At least you got one thing right.. Now all of a sudden facts arent important.. haha.. ooh you guys are way too much..

Old 11-12-2009, 01:10 PM

Wink Too much kool-aid

Quote:
Haha, so your best retort was that I wondered off the path in response to you going off the cliff? Oooh thats just funny

At least you got one thing right.. Now all of a sudden facts arent important.. haha.. ooh you guys are way too much..

No...

You've got it backwards.

You're "way too much."

Old 11-12-2009, 01:31 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Quote:
Nope, it seems I wasnt,
LOL!!!

Quote:
Real federal government consumption expenditures and gross investment increased 7.9 percent in the third quarter, National defense increased 8.4 percent, compared with an increase of 14.0 percent. Nondefense increased 6.8 percent, compared with an increase of 6.1 percent.

Where the hell did you get 2.3% when the BEA says its 7.9%.
Since you appear to know nothing about the GDP numbers until I teach you, here's your next lesson:

Government Consumption and Investment includes State and Local, not just the Federal government.

Once more for the hard of hearing, Government Consumption and Investment was up 2.3% in the third quarter.

Old 11-12-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Since you appear to know nothing about the GDP numbers until I teach you, here's your next lesson:

Government Consumption and Investment includes State and Local, not just the Federal government.

Once more for the hard of hearing, Government Consumption and Investment was up 2.3% in the third quarter.
Who the heck was talking about stae and local governments? Should I quote the BEA again?

increase in real GDP in the third quarter primarily reflected positive contributions from personal consumption expenditures (PCE), exports, private inventory investment, federal government spending, and residential fixed investment. Imports, which are a subtraction in the calculation of GDP,
increased.

Where is local governments discussed? Ooh wait, they do discuss it..

The upturn in real GDP in the third quarter primarily reflected upturns in PCE, in private inventory investment, in exports, and in residential fixed investment and a smaller decrease in nonresidential fixed investment that were partly offset by an upturn in imports, a downturn in state and local government spending, and a deceleration in federal government spending.

So tell me again where you got 2.3% from? I provided my source, will you provide yours?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies