Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 08:07 AM

308 posts, read 516,772 times

Advertisements

U.S. intelligence agencies were aware months ago that Army Major Nidal Hasan was attempting to make contact with people associated with al Qaeda, two American officials briefed on classified material in the case told ABC News.

It is not known whether the intelligence agencies informed the Army that one of its officers was seeking to connect with suspected al Qaeda figures, the officials said.

One senior lawmaker said the CIA had, so far, refused to brief the intelligence committees on what, if any, knowledge they had about Hasan's efforts.

CIA director Leon Panetta and the Director of National Intelligence, Dennis Blair, have been asked by Congress "to preserve" all documents and intelligence files that relate to Hasan, according to the lawmaker.

Fort Hood Shooter Tried to Contact al Qaeda Terrorists, Officials Say - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 08:14 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,082,097 times
This is big news. For the sake of the non-violent Muslim community, I hope it is not true. But if it is true, then its time for Muslim leaders to once again stand up and denounce the violence, because folks like myself are becoming very wary of the continuous proclamations that Islam is a religion of peace. I'm not doubting it, but the claim is certainly becoming more dubious in my mind. Especially when allegations of Al Qaeda connections begin to surface.

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 11-09-2009 at 08:32 AM..

Old 11-09-2009, 08:17 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,823,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgthree View Post
U.S. intelligence agencies were aware months ago that Army Major Nidal Hasan was attempting to make contact with people associated with al Qaeda, two American officials briefed on classified material in the case told ABC News.

It is not known whether the intelligence agencies informed the Army that one of its officers was seeking to connect with suspected al Qaeda figures, the officials said.

One senior lawmaker said the CIA had, so far, refused to brief the intelligence committees on what, if any, knowledge they had about Hasan's efforts.

CIA director Leon Panetta and the Director of National Intelligence, Dennis Blair, have been asked by Congress "to preserve" all documents and intelligence files that relate to Hasan, according to the lawmaker.

Fort Hood Shooter Tried to Contact al Qaeda Terrorists, Officials Say - ABC News
Careful, there may be an indian hiding behind that tree!

Old 11-09-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
This is big news. For the sake of the non-violent Muslim community, I hope it is not true. But if it is true, then its time for Muslim leaders to once again stand up and denounce the violence, because folks like myself are becoming very wary of the continuous proclamations that Islam is a religion of peace. I'm not doubting it, but the claim is certainly becoming more dubious in my mind. Especially when allegations of Al Qaeda connections begin to surface.
The thing that surprises me so much about the article is the open awareness of anti-us mosques that support terrorists and have connections with 9/11 terrorists and others internationally.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:49 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,663,567 times
The left needs to accept the fact that the muslims have not forgotten the crusades

Old 11-09-2009, 09:54 AM

5,469 posts, read 12,218,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
The left needs to accept the fact that the muslims have not forgotten the crusades
Yea, I'm sure THAT'S it.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:55 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,517,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

Count me as one who is fed up with the canned statements that Muslim leaders come out with. And count me as one of those who does not buy the "religion of peace" label, either.

Think about it....in countries where Islam dominates, what can you do that ISN'T punishable by death???

You can't change to another religion.
Women can't divorce husbands
Women are "Honor Killed" for a variety of reasons.
Homosexuals are executed
Kids are strapped with C4.
Women get beat down if they show an ankle
A woman gets raped. But she gets executed and the man goes free.

I could keep going.....all of this under the umbrella of Islam. So, do whole countires have it wrong over there?? Do they not know that they serve a religion of peace?

Or is this the real deal and the so-called moderates are the true fringe??
Is it against PC to even ask this??
WE have honor killings in America now!! Can you friggin' believe that?? Sharia Law!!

Can you imagine what they would do without the punishment of Western Civil Laws holding them back??

That teenage girl that ran away to Florida......I believe her.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psvVd85o3kM

Last edited by citizenkane2; 11-09-2009 at 10:14 AM..

Old 11-09-2009, 09:59 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,277,696 times
And just think the demwits do not want us to listen in on conversations of possible terrorist.

Thanks for making us all less safe democrats.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
And just think the demwits do not want us to listen in on conversations of possible terrorist.

Thanks for making us all less safe democrats.
Also, if one intelligence agency, the CIA with the Hasan case, had knowledge that Hasan was even trying to contact a known terrorist organization, and that wasn't shared with the Army counter-intelligence agency (CID), then the system really is broke...

Old 11-09-2009, 10:39 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,082,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgthree View Post
Also, if one intelligence agency, the CIA with the Hasan case, had knowledge that Hasan was even trying to contact a known terrorist organization, and that wasn't shared with the Army counter-intelligence agency (CID), then the system really is broke...
I would agree with that, except Democrats have watered-down the CIA to a point that political correctness is King, and making allegations that a Muslim member of the U.S. Army attempting to contact Al Qaeda had better be based in fact instead of caution or suspicion. The negative effects of Barack Obama on the intelligence community (ie. releasing classifed memos) are just beginning.

The fallout of making allegations against a Muslim far outweights the act of keeping the nation safe. So the CIA plays it safe and keeps it compartmentalized. That's what we get when Democrats are in power. Every liberal in this nation ought to be ashamed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies