Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2009, 03:49 PM

737 posts, read 1,176,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleMarathoner View Post
So what if they are? What difference does it matter?

If they oppose it they oppose it.

We live in a republic. That mean the wishes and rights of the minority are to be considered.

They have every right to protest. And if this SickCare legislation becomes law I can assure you that the next people elected to Congress will be running on the idea of overturning it. Book it.
Never said they don't have the right to protest.

Simply stating that the tea bag people aren't going to vote for the Democrats. In fact they have already made up their mind for which party they are going to cast their votes for in the next few cycles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 03:50 PM

843 posts, read 1,298,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post

Must I keep repeating the FACT that Rasmussen only polls LIKELY VOTERS, who therefore DO NOT AND CAN NOT REPRESENT ALL OF AMERICANS?

LOLs. Likely voters are the very people that Congress listens to. They don't pay much attention to what nonlikely voters say.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:50 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,974,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
She does have a point though. Go to some non-partisan web sites and read to get the truth because you are being fooled. Like Jill61 say's "all left wing talking points".

I really feel for people who are so stuck on the left or right, they really never know the truth or just won't accept it.

no need to go to any website...I have heard it myself from the horses mouth. THEY ARE conservative talking points that I have heard with my own ears almost verbatim, when I listened to talk radio...many of which Ive heard before he was even inaugurated.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:51 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I think the arrogance comes in the manner in which he dismisses them.

if the quote is accurate, Obama calls them "anti government."

that is very dismissive of a group of people who are organizing for the purpose of getting the government to act responsibly
Actually, most of them are rallying against their own best interests and are too ignorant and information challenged to realize it. They are taking their orders from shills and far right wingnuts that have a personal self-serving agenda. They are pathetic pawns in a game that is being played by corporatists utilizing the politiicians and media shills that are in their pockets. Where were these tea parties to protest a war based on lies?

Old 11-09-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityPerson09 View Post
Never said they don't have the right to protest.

Simply stating that the tea bag people aren't going to vote for the Democrats. In fact they have already made up their mind for which party they are going to cast their votes for in the next few cycles.

Really, because I know a lot of people that went to tea party in Knoxville and to some town hall meetings that voted for Obama. Some of them had voted for Bush also.

It wasn't just people that vote republican all the time.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:54 PM

1,374 posts, read 1,304,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
On Saturday before the vote on the health care bill Obama met with the entire Dem Caucus in the House to urge them to support the pending health care bill. In his remarks to the legislators he called those opposed to the bill "teabag, anti-government" types. So he de-legtitimized almost 50% of the House of Representatives and (by some polling) more than 50% of the American people. Apart from the implied obscenity and the callous arrogance of this man one has to wonder about his political acumen. Does he honestly think that the American people will ignore his slur in the next elections?
BO is obviously a one term president. It is amazing how he still get backed
by Americans. The smoke alarms went off 8 months ago and no one woke up.
Do we not see how this guy is destroying our country?
Passing this Healthcare Bill was more important than Afghan! It took BO 92 seconds before is mention the massacre at Fort Hood at the convention he was attending. He send a message regarding the Berlin Wall when he should
been there for that event over the weekend. It's OK to fly your wife to NY for dinner or attend Copenhagen to get the Olympics in Chicago.
Our commander in Chief has his priorities screwed up!!!!!!!!!!!!
Boy oh boy...i guess the world is suppose to end sooner than later.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Actually, most of them are rallying against their own best interests and are too ignorant and information challenged to realize it. They are taking their orders from shills and far right wingnuts that have a personal self-serving agenda. They are pathetic pawns in a game that is being played by corporatists utilizing the politiicians and media shills that are in their pockets. Where were these tea parties to protest a war based on lies?

Where are the left wingers protesting when Obama expands the war into Pakistan and makes noises about going into Iran?

Did they just protest war to serve a personal agenda?

Old 11-09-2009, 03:55 PM

704 posts, read 1,871,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
On Saturday before the vote on the health care bill Obama met with the entire Dem Caucus in the House to urge them to support the pending health care bill. In his remarks to the legislators he called those opposed to the bill "teabag, anti-government" types. So he de-legtitimized almost 50% of the House of Representatives and (by some polling) more than 50% of the American people. Apart from the implied obscenity and the callous arrogance of this man one has to wonder about his political acumen. Does he honestly think that the American people will ignore his slur in the next elections?

can you please link to a source on this? Would like to read more...

Old 11-09-2009, 03:56 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
How is Obama a pathetic man who's going to harm America?

Wasn't Bush the pathetic one who harmed America because if it weren't for him, we'd have less troops dying & our economy wouldn't be in the situation it's in today.

Think about it!!

I suppose it is all about perspective isnt it?

I dont have a problem with our troops being in either Iraq or Afghanistan.

I served in Desert Storm. I know what that means.

Please note that I have found the quote and it appears that Obama did not make the tea bagger reference....exactly.

Pathetic? He wont make a decision on Afghanistan.
The economy is a train wreck and his stimulus package is a hodge podge of Keynesian globally **** that has failed to do anything he has stated it would. (Stop unemployment from going over 8% is just one example)

It did however drive up the deficit by a trillion dollars.

Beyond that during an economic mess, his 2 main desires as president is to add a trillion more dollars in spending with a healthcare bill and force Americans to spend as much as $3,000 dollars a year in new energy costs with his cap and trade legislation.

Spending money you don’t have is dumb. Spending money you don’t have after you have explained that we cannot spend money we don’t have and with the full knowledge that doing so is dangerous is pathetic.

Saying that Afghanistan is a war of necessity then ignoring your generals is bad, but ignoring your generals, refusing to seek a new path is pathetic.

If you want to say that George Bush is pathetic, have at it. It is your right as an American. Thank what ever Dog you believe in that he is no longer president.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:57 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
no need to go to any website...I have heard it myself from the horses mouth. THEY ARE conservative talking points that I have heard with my own ears almost verbatim, when I listened to talk radio...many of which Ive heard before he was even inaugurated.
Now there is your problem, talk radio!! There is so much good music to listen to, why waste your time with those idiots.

Everytime I try to listen to talk radio I can handle it for about 5 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies