U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 03:02 PM

9,644 posts, read 8,610,171 times

Advertisements

REP. MIKE ROSS (D-AR): “With More Than $400 Billion In Cuts To Medicare, It Could Force Many Of Our Rural Hospitals To Close, Providing Less Access And Care For Our Seniors” (Rep. Ross, Press Release, 11/8/09)

REP. LARRY KISSELL (D-NC): “From The Day I Announced My Candidacy For This Office, I Promised To Protect Medicare … I Gave My Word I Wouldn’t Cut It And I Intend To Keep That Promise.” (“North Carolina's Blue Dogs And Health Bill: It's Complicated,” McClatchy, 11/6/09)

And many more in the link

Republican.Senate.Gov - Blogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 08:03 PM

66,447 posts, read 30,302,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
REP. MIKE ROSS (D-AR): “With More Than $400 Billion In Cuts To Medicare, It Could Force Many Of Our Rural Hospitals To Close, Providing Less Access And Care For Our Seniors” (Rep. Ross, Press Release, 11/8/09)

REP. LARRY KISSELL (D-NC): “From The Day I Announced My Candidacy For This Office, I Promised To Protect Medicare … I Gave My Word I Wouldn’t Cut It And I Intend To Keep That Promise.” (“North Carolina's Blue Dogs And Health Bill: It's Complicated,” McClatchy, 11/6/09)

Excellent link! All those Dems have VERY valid points. They're looking out for their constituents instead of selling out to an insanely costly ideological goal!

Old 11-09-2009, 08:21 PM

3,983 posts, read 3,377,962 times
Excellent link indeed.

I've been harping and harping all along that this thing is a jobs killer and it's not even a little bit good for small business ...

It's nice to see actual Democrats agreeing ..

I'm glad more people are starting to take an interest in actually reading this stuff .. it is a pretty good read, and if it doesn't pass, well, then maybe the Pelosi crowd can send it to Hollywood so that it can be made into a horror movie.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:27 PM

23,851 posts, read 19,847,217 times
Interesting how this thread is several hours old, and yet not a single forum liberal has stopped in to opine. Could it be that they themselves have been cheering for the legislation on ideological grounds, instead of the merits of the bill itself? I would say that's a resounding YES. How ironic that liberals criticize Republican's as the Party of No, when in reality, liberals are the Party of Yes, all things logical be damned. The writing is on the wall for 2010/2012.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:03 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,340,538 times
Very Nice link,alot of interesting things could be found in there. As I stated recently that this Forced Health Bill was Unconstitutional and the only issue is on commerce. This article confirms it. I knew I was listening way back when you learned how important the Constitution is to each and everyone of us.

Letter to editor 'Unconstitutional' - Sen. Orrin Hatch - POLITICO

Old 11-09-2009, 09:19 PM

3,983 posts, read 3,377,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
Very Nice link,alot of interesting things could be found in there. As I stated recently that this Forced Health Bill was Unconstitutional and the only issue is on commerce. This article confirms it. I knew I was listening way back when you learned how important the Constitution is to each and everyone of us.

Letter to editor 'Unconstitutional' - Sen. Orrin Hatch - POLITICO
And this link

washingtonpost.com

is a darn good one too ..

Old 11-10-2009, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Interesting how this thread is several hours old, and yet not a single forum liberal has stopped in to opine. Could it be that they themselves have been cheering for the legislation on ideological grounds, instead of the merits of the bill itself? I would say that's a resounding YES. How ironic that liberals criticize Republican's as the Party of No, when in reality, liberals are the Party of Yes, all things logical be damned. The writing is on the wall for 2010/2012.
How can they call republicans liars when so many democrats are saying they arent liars

I would love to see some try and explain some of the quotes

Old 11-10-2009, 06:06 AM

REP. MIKE MCINTYRE (D-NC): “It Raises Too Much In New Taxes And Imposes New Requirements That Will Harm The Ability Of Too Many Small Businesses To Compete And Create Jobs.” (Rep. McIntyre, Press Release, 11/7/09)

Old 11-10-2009, 06:34 AM

34,673 posts, read 33,676,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post

It's a pity that none of them are willing to admit it will cause treatment rationing. Benefits are not treatment but the President keeps trying to confuse the two with seniors.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
It's a pity that none of them are willing to admit it will cause treatment rationing. Benefits are not treatment but the President keeps trying to confuse the two with seniors.
I think some are just not in those exact words

That is basically saying just that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies