Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 11:40 PM

39 posts, read 150,845 times

Advertisements

Hey, It's a fun topic.
Why are women declining so fast as a species in relationships with men? List your TOP 5 reasons.
(This "may" appear on David Letterman so make it good.)

Old 05-13-2007, 12:03 AM

39 posts, read 150,845 times
Here are my TOP 5 reasons.
1. The "women's lib movement" kicked into another gear and became the politically correct societal norm for all women, therefore self-servingly deminishing the importance of building a relationship with a man.
2. Women and the "feminine" influence in the church has watered down the religious practices and reverence for God. This has reduced the important masculine influence of God and reduced God to some unisex-politically correct diety.
3. Women marry with the intent to have children and then divorce and obtain child support as a means to live on and be single again. This makes men skeptical of all women, and breaks down the trust factor, thus deminishing the relationship with men.
4. Women expect men to share their feelings when the woman refuses to compromise any of her positions. This reduces the idea of a relationship with a man.
5. "Women raised by a liberated woman" will not be able to maintain a longterm relationship with a man because they have not learned the fine art of compromise and communication. They expect men to be like their fathers, who apparently went along with the intial women's liberation movement, and meekly let the woman walk all over them. When we don't .. you want to leave.

Where has all this liberation gotten you women? Away from the men, right? Well don't come complaining you can't find any good men.... we just don't believe you any more.
Remember the boy that cried wolf... they have changed it to the "girl" that cried wolf now..
Look at our society now.. years later .. after the women's lib movement. Relationships are failing everyday... divorce rate is higher than the marriage rate... Kids are being raised without fathers, and mothers are falling out of the middle class to the low class. And we wonder how this happened?

Old 05-13-2007, 12:07 AM

4,273 posts, read 15,253,371 times
Holy moly ... I can see the flames-a-risin' for ya there buddy. It's gonna get hot in here! I can't wait for others to respond to this one.

So what you'resaying is it's a woman's fault for the demise of her relationships because she is too liberated? Did I get that right?

Old 05-13-2007, 12:09 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Sorry I can only think of one: Men are coming out of the closet in large numbers, thereby negating the need for a "cover" wife.

This one probably will end up on Letterman - the biggest waste of TV airtime of the century...

Old 05-13-2007, 12:46 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,039 times
Men with this attitude would drive me to become a confirmed Lesbian...

Old 05-13-2007, 06:00 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Me too. Except if I were a lesbian, I would be a lesbian. I know plenty of men who like competent and capable women.

Women, btw, are not a species and I'm not sure why I even bothered to respond.

Old 05-13-2007, 06:03 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
What makes it a fun topic?

Are you just into a little bashing or trolling for the fun of it?

Is that what makes it a fun topic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieRooster View Post
Hey, It's a fun topic.
Why are women declining so fast as a species in relationships with men? List your TOP 5 reasons.

Old 05-13-2007, 07:17 AM

3,020 posts, read 25,733,418 times
Default Ok, just when I thought I was understanding this subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
Men with this attitude would drive me to become a confirmed Lesbian...
DixieRooster finally tells it like it is. The big 5 reasons women have trouble with men. With the cover blown, Lisa now reveals she might be considering a move to the Other Side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Me too. Except if I were a lesbian, I would be a lesbian. I know plenty of men who like competent and capable women.

Women, btw, are not a species and I'm not sure why I even bothered to respond.
But then Ellie using her wonderful logic totally baffles me. H,mmmm like if I was a pilot, then I could be a pilot, maybe like that wind beneath my wings type of argument. Could it be she don't want to mess with women either. Hey, it sure ain't easy, maybe they should have to figure each other out first.

But then tells us they will not be a species, no wonder I want to go back into the closet or hide in some woods.

Maybe the answer is as simple as more lesbians.

Old 05-13-2007, 11:16 AM

2,976 posts, read 13,374,223 times
Default Where is your supporting evidence for this statement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieRooster View Post
Hey, It's a fun topic.
As it states in the header - where is this coming from? Is this your take on women and a shift, a pattern? What? I am curious.

Let's say for arguments sake that there is some or even a lot of truth in this. Today, women, not as many as I would like to see, are more financially secure/independent. Perhaps some have found that finding the right person has become more problematic than it is worth. Women enjoy greater independence. Women can have a family without a husband.

I have many female friends who have either been married and divorced or windowed young or never married. Not one single woman is taking steps in finding a man or looking for a relationship. They are happy with their families and their lives, they are secure, established, and content.

Old 05-13-2007, 03:19 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,253,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
As it states in the header - where is this coming from? Is this your take on women and a shift, a pattern? What? I am curious.
I bet some girl just dumped him and he's mad, mad, mad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies