Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 11:05 AM
obo obo started this thread

916 posts, read 985,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Clinton was lucky. No one attacked the US under his watch. If it was OK for Bush to totally ignore the warnings about the impending 9/11 attack, why is the situation with Obama different?

He didn't contact Al-Qaeda. He contacted an individual who has ties to Al-Qadeda (according to the link). I agree the guy was suspicious. He was in the army a long time, well before Obama was pres. He apparently was never investigated, or if he was, nothing concrete was found.
Plenty of concrete evidence was found. How about him posting on his blog about he praised suicide bombers? If that isn't a serious red flag then I don't know what is. The reason this is a different situation is because this is POST 911. It should NEVER have happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 11:06 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
You are such a fool, this country since its inception until 1965 BANNED practically ALL ASIANS and Eastern Europeans from entering this country, we even had the Chinese exclusion act in the 1800's.

Prior to 1965 the immigration law was based on "country of origin". A country could only have up to 2% of the total number of people living in this country to immigrate here. So if a country had no one living here, then no one could come here. After 1965, we gave out 180k visas a year to anyone in the Eastern Hemisphere on a first come first serve basis. And we starting giving out unlimited numbers of family reunification visas.

We went from having less than 100k muslims in this country in 1970 to a projected 7-9 million muslims today.

You tell me, do you think we are better off?
I didn't call you names, and it doesn't exactly speak well of your arguments that you resort to name-calling.

While we may indeed have enforced quotas in immigration, I think you need to review your history with regards to your claims that we banned ALL ASIANS and Eastern Europeans from entry. Even the most casual review of Ellis Island records will display many, many Eastern Europeans legally entering this country for the purpose of permanent residence. And we certainly allowed Asians to work on those continental railroads we built prior to 1900.

I don't know if we are better off as a country today than we were in 1970, but I certainly don't blame the Muslim community for any adverse changes. I've attended school with and worked with and socialized with Muslims, and some I liked, and some I didn't like, because they're just people like all the rest of us.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:08 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Clinton was lucky. No one attacked the US under his watch. If it was OK for Bush to totally ignore the warnings about the impending 9/11 attack, why is the situation with Obama different?
I think thats obos point, that this situation isnt any different, that the failure to take action resides at the top regardless as to who's president..
Quote:
He didn't contact Al-Qaeda. He contacted an individual who has ties to Al-Qadeda (according to the link). I agree the guy was suspicious. He was in the army a long time, well before Obama was pres. He apparently was never investigated, or if he was, nothing concrete was found.
Contacting an individual who had ties o Al-Qadeda is still a violation of the law. And I bet he was investigated, and it was deemed to just allow him to continue so he can be used to "gather intelligence". Sometimes that takes place, law enforcement allow criminals to keep committing crimes so they can gather names/address etc of others. I'm sure thas what happened here just as I'm sure thats what happened with 911, but that doesnt excuse the fact that they happened, it just explains it.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
You are the one not arguing the points or facts. The fact is that this guy WAS A JIHADIST! He wasn't sick as you put it, he is a TERRORIST! That is the facts and the point of this whole thing. Actually the real point is how PC got us into this and you are proving the point with every post you make. You are inherently being dishonest and you know it. It is how you libs spin things, it is well known and documented.
The fact is that we don't know if he was a jihadist. Maybe you're right, maybe he is. But we don't know that, because we aren't psychic. We don't know what his motives were, we only know that he's a very very sick man and a very very bad man.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:10 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,484 times
Quote:
It has become extremely obvious that this administration has weakened our security of this country after the shooting at Ft. Hood. Homeland Security, CIA and FBI all knew that this terrorist was reaching out to Al Qaeda and the Imam in Yemen but failed to do anything at all about it. This is worse than Bush supposedly knowing about 911 because in this case they had an individual pegged, knew where he was and what he was up to and still FAILED! Bleeding Heart Liberal Political Correctness and the stupidity of the administration going after the CIA for doing their jobs is to blame here. Be prepared for more of this kind of thing to happen. Obama doesn't have what it takes to be serious about this, he is going to get more US citizens killed.

First let me say that I disagree with just about everything Obama does but I really do not see this as his fault. This was the fault of PC yes but Obama did not implement that. To many were worried about offending this man or others like him and that is the problem not Obama. It is a fact, a sad one but a fact none the less that we as a country need to look at some groups more closely then others. I know people will not like that but the bottom line is if there is a pattern we need to follow it. I am by no means saying every Muslim is a nut because I know they are not but in this case someone dropped the ball BIG time. If anyone is to blame it is every single person that blathers on about being offended over nonsense they are the ones that created this climate.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
ok....before your question gets answered, answer this...What made the Holocaust Museum shooter a RWE before he killed the security guard?
Look back at my posts on this very topic in the thread on the Holocaust Museum shooter. You will find the answer there, or on several threads discussing fascism. For me to explain that here would be to take this thread off-topic, and to do so unnecessarily.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:11 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Quote:
Huh Do what? You dont remember the 1st attack on the towers or the Uss coles or the embassys all of which are American soil

Quote:
I cant believe anyone is even trying to spin like you are

Old 11-10-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The fact is that we don't know if he was a jihadist. Maybe you're right, maybe he is. But we don't know that, because we aren't psychic. We don't know what his motives were, we only know that he's a very very sick man and a very very bad man.
Screaming out Allah Akbar before opening fire isn't good enough for you? We are in deep trouble with minds that think like you running the country.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No, what you said was that we are nation of laws, and as evidence of that, you sighted the Gettysburg address. You were wrong, and just admit it rather than trying to spin this into another lie to explain an error.

I never claimed he should have been treated as a terrorist, I said he should be treated like a law breaker which he was.
Why is saying that we are a nation of laws, and citing the Gettysburg address to further that argument, wrong? Are you contending that we are not a nation of laws? I didn't make an error, I made an argument. How are you refuting that argument?

I'm trying to find the law that says you cannot communicate with a terrorist organization, or in this case, you cannont communicate with another individual who is suspected of having terrorist connections. Do you know that law off-hand? Does it apply to the pizza delivery guy, too? If a priest has connections with Irish terrorists, are all the people who made confession to that priest last week guilty of breaking this law?

Old 11-10-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
First let me say that I disagree with just about everything Obama does but I really do not see this as his fault. This was the fault of PC yes but Obama did not implement that. To many were worried about offending this man or others like him and that is the problem not Obama. It is a fact, a sad one but a fact none the less that we as a country need to look at some groups more closely then others. I know people will not like that but the bottom line is if there is a pattern we need to follow it. I am by no means saying every Muslim is a nut because I know they are not but in this case someone dropped the ball BIG time. If anyone is to blame it is every single person that blathers on about being offended over nonsense they are the ones that created this climate.
Obama is the PC king. He helped this along. He is the CnC of the military, CIA and FBI right? He gets the blame only because they had plenty of knowledge of this guys Jihadist beliefs and did nothing. Not even watch him closer after he bought the "cop killer" hand guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies