Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 10:50 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,935,843 times

Advertisements

Global Warming...lol...lol...Oh I know... silly me... its climate change...

State of the Climate | National Overview | October 2009

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 10:54 AM

2,087 posts, read 1,754,981 times
are you Moderator cut: languagekidding me. You going to be that freaking ignorant toModerator cut: rude deny global warming? Do people on here have a brain and the capacity to think for themselves?

How many damn scientists does it take to prove this to you? or do you not believe science?

I also guess you think oil will last forever and coal is clean right?

Last edited by katzenfreund; 11-10-2009 at 12:52 PM..

Old 11-10-2009, 10:57 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,723,002 times
"Global warming" is both natural and needed as the earth has just passed a local minimal extrema. Real scientists study earth temperature throughout history and do not ignore all history which does not support a particular agenda.

http://www.scotese.com/images/globaltemp.jpg

Last edited by irspow; 11-10-2009 at 11:11 AM..

Old 11-10-2009, 10:57 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,179,866 times
Hey, the whole world revolves around the US.
Weather any where else doesn't count.

Macro/micro, some people don't understand either.
Doesn't stop them from posting yet another ridiculous climate thread.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:01 AM

Quote:
are you kidding me. You going to be that Moderator cut: rude to deny global warming? Do people on here have a brain and the capacity to think for themselves?

Moderator cut: personal attack

Last edited by katzenfreund; 11-10-2009 at 12:51 PM..

Old 11-10-2009, 11:09 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,207,401 times
Cool! Does that mean when I graduate with my Ph. D. in about a year, everyone HAS to believe anything I spew out of my mouth or else they're retarded? I never about this new found power! Don't worry, I'll use it wisely...

Old 11-10-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:

“It is a blatant lie put forth in the media that makes it seem there is only a fringe of scientists who don’t buy into anthropogenic global warming.” - U.S Government Atmospheric Scientist Stanley B. Goldenberg of the Hurricane Research Division of NOAA

Old 11-10-2009, 11:20 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,889,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
are you efing kidding me. You going to be that freaking ignorant to deny global warming? Do people on here have a brain and the capacity to think for themselves?

How many damn scientists does it take to prove this to you? or do you not believe science?

I also guess you think oil will last forever and coal is clean right?
By your post it appears that there really are those who either can't, or don't, think for themselves.

To quote a cigarette commercial from the 1960's, "You've come a long way baby" .. (virginia slims) would be an understatement with regard to how things heat up and cool off around the world ... and science is proving every day that the only thing that gets heated anymore in this country with regard to climate change, are the collars of those who worship Gore as a God when opinions and science don't mesh with their own.

Science is slowly, but very surely, eating the money and the validity away from the would-be climate change scare mongers every day in this country. And it's about time too. We've got more important things to consider as we go about our daily lives than to have to be concerned with how much money Gore is making this year.

Climate Change is indeed a rather entertaining subject, in that the lies of the few, brought out the truth for the many .. without all of Gore's B.S., folks in this country never would have been enlightened enough about how things really work.

I know I've gotten an education with regard to this subject. I'm not one to just follow blindly along. I'll research, I'll study, I'll READ. (something the Gore followers don't do)

Old 11-10-2009, 11:30 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,770,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

Certainly hasn't prevented the mass media from doing the same thing when it was warmer now has it?

Old 11-10-2009, 12:11 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,029,459 times
Meanwhile the adults move ahead. FYI the EPA needs no additional legislation to impose Cap and Trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washington Post
EPA wraps up emissions report

The Environmental Protection Agency has sent its final scientific finding on greenhouse gases to the White House, agency officials said Monday, a step that could trigger regulation of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases as pollutants under the Clean Air Act.

Sources said the document concludes that emissions pose a threat to the public's health and welfare. The agency did not release its finding, which was issued as a draft in April. The Office of Management and Budget has 90 days to sign off on it.

Environmentalists embraced the move as a sign that the Obama administration is moving ahead on global warming policy less than a month before U.N.-sponsored climate-change talks begin in Copenhagen. An official with the National Association of Manufacturers said his members are worried that the administration would put in place rules on greenhouse gases before Congress had a chance to pass climate legislation.

The endangerment finding was prompted by a 2007 Supreme Court ruling that ordered the EPA to determine whether greenhouse gases constituted a pollutant under the Clean Air Act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies