Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 07:25 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
It is so easy to dupe right wing thinkers that all you have to do is suggest something they are against and they think it is law.
I guess what I am suggesting is that they are just not very bright.
But in all fairness even stupid people need heroes that's why Limbaugh, Hanniety, and all the other right wing wackos are so popular.
exactly. thats why paterson, camden, newark, irvington, etc. residents are such geniuses that they vote overwhelmingly for democrats everytime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 07:57 AM

82 posts, read 139,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
Yawn. Yes. And I teach my children the full-scope of history, not history starting with European domination 500 years ago.

They learn about the 300 year African colonization of Iberia, about the slavery practiced in Africa for thousands of years and how the West was the first culture to actually ban slavery. They learn how their European ancestors were slaves as well, controlled by a few European wealthy elites. They learn about religious persecution of all religions, including persecution suffered by Christians. They learn how their fellow European ancestors were starved to death by the millions by elites lording it over the rest of the Continent. They learn about the intra-Asian racism and brutality that their Asian ancestors practiced against one another, as is still evidenced by modern history. They learn how millions of Americans sacrificed their lives in the Civil War to end slavery.

They learn first-hand the reverse discrimination that universities practice to ensure they don't fill up with too many of those "smart Asians". They learn about the horrible disease-ridden and poverty stricken condition that hundreds millions of people in Africa and parts of Asia live, and die, in every day, while the "poor, disadvantaged" of America boo-hoo about not enough cable TV channels or not being able to afford cell phones and stuff their fat faces with junk food using government food stamps, and then have the nerve to ask for racist privileges on top of that. They watch the "poor babies" here, the poorest of whom live better than 80% of the world's population, shoot each other over pairs of sneakers. They learn how, in fact, those of all races who are born in American these days are far better off than they would be had their ancestors never been brought here, whether on slave ships or famine ships or any other means.

They are raised tri-lingual to respect and understand their multicultural background, and taught to respect people as individuals. They are taught that the true disadvantaged people in society are those without money, not those of a certain skin color. Money talks, the rest walks. It's that truth that the racists and elites want to distract people from with their race-baiting and reverse racism.

They learn how a white child born to a single-mother in poverty in Appalachia will be given no special treatment, yet the Obama girls and will be given racist preferential treatment based on the color of their skin and their "disadvantaged" status. And worse than no special treatment, Asian will be discriminated against at universities and elsewhere because apparently there are "too many" of them to fit someone else's idea of the proper quota, regardless of merit or how hard they worked and against what odds.

In short, they learn the full scope of human history and its ebb and flow of racism and brutality between tribes of people, and how history is one long story of one tribe trying to live better at another's expense. They learn it is long since time to stop race-baiting and discriminating against people because of the color of their skin. And they're taught to violently reject any would-be elites cramming race-guilt or social experimentation in their faces because it fits some stupid fantasy they cook up in the comfort of their lilly white suburbs and ivory towers.

You are free to burden your own children with white guilt and teach them to carry some sort of white man's burden for the rest of their lives. Don't expect everyone else to do so.
Amen! I think you're a good parent: open-minded, in search of truth, honest, and fair. Bravo! (And if any group has a gripe, I personally think it's First Nation Peoples--native Americans.)

Old 11-11-2009, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyshoes View Post
Here is my theory.

People like balance. They don't like one party having all the power for too long. When any one party stays in power for too long, without any checks and balances, they start to do stupid things.

That is why we have independent swing voters, a fancy name for people who know that both parties are full of sh*t therefore they just switch their votes around once in a while.
True. Neither party has the best interests of the people at heart, and anyone who refuses to see that is allowing herself to be duped. People would do better to dig themselves out of the party rut and come into the sunshine, which is the greatest disinfectant. Both parties, for decades, have been bloating the Fed far beyond the scope of its bounds, as clearly set forth in the Constitution. And they've been doing so for their own selfish power-mongering and greedy aims.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:10 AM

102 posts, read 260,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
thank you said perfect!!! First its taxed when you make the money, then its taxed in the Estate Tax, then its taxed again when it comes out of trust called the Inheritance tax. You know my Dad got a huge life insurance policy long time ago , so I asked him finally how much and all the details because I am the one who gets it and handles the life Insurance when he dies. He said Marilyn, that policy is to pay all the taxes!! So he took out a huge life insurance just to pay when he dies all the taxes on the rest of the Estate (Federal/State) this is SAD!!!!!! I finally figured out why every Christmas the hand us huge check (my parents) they need to give it away ALIVE!!!!!!! This is such a sad, pathetic situation. The taxes on the rich are really now that the Bush tax cuts are going to end are just plain terrible. This is going to hurt alot. Not just the rich. When has higher taxes every helped?? Can someone name me a time when taxes where huge and the economy did good????? Im open minded show me.
There are many vehicles to avoid maximum taxes, and the rich know them very well. If you utilize tax deferred programs, eventually you have to pay the taxes. Wealth transfer tools are out there and it sounds like that was what was done with the life insurance policy. Stop the crocidile tears, my fiance is a financial planner. I know better.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elflord1973 View Post
Then why did it take so long to blow up ? Perhaps it's because in fact it had very little to do with that.

Subprime loans were originated by private banks and for the most part offloaded to private investment banks. It's true that the GSEs owned some subprime, but no-one was forcing major banks to trade these "super senior" securities which were in fact junk.
The CRA paved the way. And I'm not absenting the banks from blame; they're inextricably linked to the whole mess. I think you're letting off the government-sponsored enterprises much too easily. As to your question, it's simply silly.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:18 AM

13,401 posts, read 28,714,749 times
[quote=Nestlequik;11578651]There are many vehicles to avoid maximum taxes, and the rich know them very well. If you utilize tax deferred programs, eventually you have to pay the taxes. Wealth transfer tools are out there and it sounds like that was what was done with the life insurance policy. Stop the crocidile tears, my fiance is a financial planner. I know better.[/QUOTE]

I deal with them every day and it's down right scary how many of them are the biggest dopes on the planet, anyone who has a considerable amount of money and doesn't look over the FA/FP shoulders is insane.

BTW....Marilyn is not crying crocodile tears.....to tax money that has already been taxed is criminal imo

Old 11-11-2009, 08:35 AM

587 posts, read 2,177,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
exactly. thats why paterson, camden, newark, irvington, etc. residents are such geniuses that they vote overwhelmingly for democrats everytime.
According to OP they are highly educated wining by landslide victories.

Decide for yourself, check out how NJ really voted
Primary
Presidential

Shocking to see how H. Clinton won the majority of affluent towns.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:40 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestlequik View Post
There are many vehicles to avoid maximum taxes, and the rich know them very well. If you utilize tax deferred programs, eventually you have to pay the taxes. Wealth transfer tools are out there and it sounds like that was what was done with the life insurance policy. Stop the crocidile tears, my fiance is a financial planner. I know better.
you know better? im not sure what you are criticizing. the wealthy are hit with the most taxes. there are various methods to reduce your tax burden but you are still going to pay much more than someone who isnt wealthy.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2Cfan View Post
Amen! I think you're a good parent: open-minded, in search of truth, honest, and fair. Bravo! (And if any group has a gripe, I personally think it's First Nation Peoples--native Americans.)
To both of you, i don't even have the energy. From an ivy league, educated black woman. Now i truly understand the saying 'ignorance is bliss'. Thank you.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
you know better? im not sure what you are criticizing. the wealthy are hit with the most taxes. there are various methods to reduce your tax burden but you are still going to pay much more than someone who isnt wealthy.
You make more, you pay more that's common sense not criticism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies