Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2009, 10:18 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,077,918 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by Chatteress
1. Please find the post where I've stated that "abortion/poor women=BAD, Abortion Rich Women=Good"""""

You support making abortion illegal...that will harm poor women much more than rich women.

""""2. What would I do to end abortions? First of all, I'd make it more difficult to obtain one by making it illegal""""

It WAS once illegal and that didn't stop abortions...why can't you comprehend such a simple fact?

""""except in rape cases or when the mother's life is at stake.""""

Now there is the epitome of illogic....
explain WHY abortion in the case of rape or the mother's life is at stake is
DIFFERENT

from any other abortion?
Answer: It isn't. Yet YOU say one abortion is wrong because it kills a human baby...why doesn't it do the same thing in the case of rape?
How can you justify THAT?

"""I certainly would not try to end abortions by making it more easier to obtain because all that serves to do is increase the number of abortions NOT decrease. I seriously doubt that pro-choicer's priorities are to end abortions and that is plain sad."""

And it's where you are so wrong...everyone wishes abortions never had to happen but this is the real world, abortions happen.

""""Second of all, we should"""

There ya go again with the "shoulds"..."should" and "if" are not FACTS.
I "should" win the lottery..."if" I win the lottery....OK, where's my money???
Can you get it NOW?

"""have more services to assist pregnant women safely deliver their babies and help them to locate loving families to provide and care for the child if the mother cannot or will not support the child.
I've known women who regretted their choice of abortion and wished that they could have gone back in time to undo that choice.""

I've known women who wish they could go back and NOT have children...so?

"""If abortion is so "safe" then why do millions of women suffer life-threatening complications from this "safe" procedure?"""

ANY facts or data to back that up? And why would you care? Illegal abortions can do the same.

"""Where is the outrage about THAT and how abortion clinics seek to cover up those unfortunate statistics?"""

No proof.

""" What about the minors who are forced to have abortions by the older men who sexually abused them?"""

So YOU believe an 11 year old girl should be forced to have her father's/brother/s/priests baby???!! How nasty can you get!!!

"" Why do we advocate for laws where minors can receive abortion services without even notifying parents? What if the minor suffer an allergic reaction because they were not able to disclose an accurate medical history prior to receiving an abortion? Also, how can YOU expect for abortions to decrease when you advocate for easier access for abortions? When you make abortion easier to obtain, you by default are increasing the incidences of abortion. I get so tired of hearing these scare tactics "back alley abortions" etc that are used to justify the legal killing of the unborn. I seriously doubt that making abortion would automatically cause waves of "back alley abortions". More likely, women and men would take more responsibility for protecting themselves and maybe "gasp* abstain. """

Once again ...your ridiculous "let's change human nature and quit having sex"....has that ever worked?
Answer that!!!!!!! HOW will you, oh righteous one, change human nature....have you ANY idea how long humans have been HUMAN???

"""3. As I've stated before, how can I hate poor women when my income levels fall within the "poor" category myself."""

MORE! Total lack of logic. Of course you can hate the poor ...what has your being poor got to do with it....you seem to want more women to join your ranks....make them suffer for their having had sex....unbelievable!

"""I grew up in a proverty strikened area and had a very humble upbringing but my family always stressed the value of life!"""

Oh I am all warm and fuzzy but "life" didn't buy you food , clothing, electricity.......maybe if your parents had been more responsible they wouldn't have had kids they couldn't afford!

4. Where did I state that women should "pay for having guilt-free sex"? Please find that post while you are searching for the other one."""

Making abortion illegal is YOUR way of punishing those women who have "guilt free sex" (YOUR words).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 10:26 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,077,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I have also discovered you are absolutely incorrect. nazi germany legalized abortion.

Hitler Pro-Abortion

When the Nazis came to power in 1933 one of the first acts Hitler did was to legalize abortion. By 1935 Germany with 65 million people was the place where over 500,000 abortions were being performed each year. Although Hitler and his government encourged Aryan women to produce a lot of children, he left the matter of abortion and all its facets in the hands of a decidely pro- abortion medical establishment. Even in the midst of Nazi propaganda aimed at increasing the Aryan population, scores of Aryan women still chose to abort their unborn children. The medical publication Deutsches Aerzleblatt reported the abortions in Germany each year reached a half-million.
Further, a Nazi decree of October 19, 1941 established abortion on demand as the official policy of Poland. Hitler, however, expressed dissatisfaction with this policy. Abortion, he believed, should NOT be limited to Poland. He therefore ordered that abortion be expanded to all populations under the control of the "Ministry of the Occupied Territories of the East."

So you favor killing because it is legal and you favor abortion as Nazi Germany did.

Next
FACISTS were anti-abortion.....because it's about control and power....fear and hatred of women ...of women having any control or power...

Old 11-16-2009, 10:38 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,185,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I find it exceedingly disturbing that you think a megalomaniacal tyrant forcing woman against their will to abort fetuses/babies that were considered undesirable to his grand master race plan is in any way comparable to the US in 2009 where a woman has the opportunity to decide for herself, depending on her situation in life, what reproductive decisions are best for herself and her family. I have tried to remain civil in these discussion, but honestly this is just too much.

And by the way, if pro-lifers had their way, and woman were forced to carry pregnancies to term that were unwanted/unplanned, you would have succeeded in emulating half of Hitler's plan.
the comparison is Hitler Legalized abortion. And leagalized genocide of the jews.
The post i was dealing with was an OP said Hitler had made abortion illegal, that post was not correct as Hilter legalized abortions
we have killed 49 million since Roe versus wade.
yes the woman in America has the legal right to kill her baby. And the pro abortionists are so proud .
Germany had the legal right to kill Jews in Germany and they were so proud.
Hitler legalized abortions and the holocaust.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
FACISTS were anti-abortion.....because it's about control and power....fear and hatred of women ...of women having any control or power...
lets walk through the truth
Hitler was a fascist
Hitler legalized abortions.
So fascists legalize abortions

Old 11-16-2009, 10:52 AM

17,763 posts, read 39,601,871 times
now you're just being amusing ... <yawn>

don't confuse them with facts, who?me? They don't realize that there is a sliver of difference between the anti-choice movement and the nazis. Both want to control a woman's body ...

But again, don't confuse 'em with facts.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:55 AM

18,325 posts, read 18,913,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I find it exceedingly disturbing that you think a megalomaniacal tyrant forcing woman against their will to abort fetuses/babies that were considered undesirable to his grand master race plan is in any way comparable to the US in 2009 where a woman has the opportunity to decide for herself, depending on her situation in life, what reproductive decisions are best for herself and her family. I have tried to remain civil in these discussion, but honestly this is just too much.

And by the way, if pro-lifers had their way, and woman were forced to carry pregnancies to term that were unwanted/unplanned, you would have succeeded in emulating half of Hitler's plan.
excellent post. the anti-choice people throw this example up. most people would agree that hitler and slavery was both wrong and illegal. in the case of abortion most people believe it is not wrong and it is legal for a woman to be in charge of her own life. her right, her choice. illegal abortion is more in line with a type of slavery for women. abortion in no way looks like hitler or slavery.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
now you're just being amusing ... <yawn>

don't confuse them with facts, who?me? They don't realize that there is a sliver of difference between the anti-choice movement and the nazis. Both want to control a woman's body ...

But again, don't confuse 'em with facts.
I gave you the facts the facts are the nazis under Hitler legalized abortion.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
excellent post. the anti-choice people throw this example up. most people would agree that hitler and slavery was both wrong and illegal. in the case of abortion most people believe it is not wrong and it is legal for a woman to be in charge of her own life. her right, her choice. illegal abortion is more in line with a type of slavery for women. abortion in no way looks like hitler or slavery.
Pro Abortion people ignore the facts .

Old 11-16-2009, 12:03 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,952,754 times
I dont agree with abortion, but I agree that its a woman's decision to make...But I dont want my tax dollars to go to someone who flips a coin and decides to kill their unborn. If she wants to make the decision to terminate a pregnancy, thats her right...but not at our expense.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:09 PM

18,325 posts, read 18,913,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Pro Abortion people ignore the facts .
back at ya!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies