Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 11:23 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i don't care who people vote for, but it shouldn't be grayson. he voted for TARP and he voted for cap and trade. as a matter of fact, he has voted for every spending appropropriations bill listed. here is his record:
Project Vote Smart - Representative Alan Grayson - Voting Record

he is a good talker about "auditing the fed" but he was one of the "enablers of the fed". shame on him!
Don't take up toooo much of your holiday complaining about Grayson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 11:25 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
No, you wouldn't. You got busted. So now you've got to deny responsiblity. Have you checked the TOS here on CD to see what it says about such things?

I'll have to find it, but I believe that in Florida at least there is possibly a law requiring a person to dislcose whether or not they are working for a political campaign if they do that campaigning on the Internet on message boards.
lol You do that now and you if there is you please make a call and have them come and check and then they can get you for making a false report after they talk to me and I tell them I told you 5 times I am not working for any campagin.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Lmaooooooooo You are cracking me up I swear

Dont you think if I was campagining for him I would be talking him up at sometime before this

Come on use some common sense
No, I don't think you'd be talking him up. You posted a link to his web site which has the word "DONATE" all over it is huge letters. Money, money, money is what that link is all about.

Why talk up a political candidate to people who don't live in the state and can't vote for him? HOWEVER, get all the money you can from people who don't live in the state who just hate Grayson and want him out of office because he is direct in his statements......THAT, Jade, could very easily have been the motive of ANYONE posting a link to a political web site asking for DONATIONS.

Do you think everyone posting here just fell off the turnip truck? We all have good enough common sense to see through this little attempt.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
lol You do that now and you if there is you please make a call and have them come and check and then they can get you for making a false report after they talk to me and I tell them I told you 5 times I am not working for any campagin.
WTH are you talking about

Who is "them"? What false report?? Have you lost your bearings? Toooo many hours on MH message board? lol

Old 11-11-2009, 03:31 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
No I just happened to like the stop Grayson part of the web site.

Whats the big deal if he was the spokes person for Elians family
Exactly: We live in a country that is free and we have every right to express out feelings. That is what those who wanted Elain to stay here were doing. Why do so many on the "other side" think only they have the right to express views and say what they want.

As for Grayson, anyone that can beat him is a good guy in my book.

Nita

Old 11-11-2009, 03:32 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Yep. Just what we want in Congress..........ANOTHER LOBBYIST! Not.

Yeah, yeah, Jadex, you JUST THOUGHT THAT WEB SITE WAS FUNNY. Again, are you campaigning for Mr. Gutierrez?

Alan Grayson is a WARRIOR against lobbyists owning our government.

GUTIERREZ AND ASSOCIATES

"Founded in 1984 by Armando Gutierrez, Gutierrez & Associates is an independent firm dedicated to providing public relations services such as political campaigning and lobbying to a diverse array of clients. Our bilingual (English and Spanish) staff is renown for their experience in managing and coordinating successful political campaigns, particularly in Miami-Dade County and the state of Florida."
Alan may be a warrior agaist lobbyist in your book, but he is also an ASS!!

Old 11-11-2009, 03:35 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Alan may be a warrior agaist lobbyist in your book, but he is also an ASS!!
"in your book"?

Isnt a "warrior against lobbyist" just that?

And isnt that something to be prized, whether he's an ass or not?

Old 11-11-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"in your book"?

Isnt a "warrior against lobbyist" just that?

And isnt that something to be prized, whether he's an ass or not?
Warrior against lobbyist is a good thing in my book.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Exactly: We live in a country that is free and we have every right to express out feelings. That is what those who wanted Elain to stay here were doing. Why do so many on the "other side" think only they have the right to express views and say what they want.

As for Grayson, anyone that can beat him is a good guy in my book.

Nita
Nita, exactly what are you "reading into" the posts made here?

What do you mean by "Why do so many on the 'other side' think only they have the right to express views and say what they want"? Clearly if you've ever lived in Miami you did not get out of the house much. lol The Cuban exiles and other strong conservative Cuban Americans in Miami ARE THE VOICE OF MIAMI, and no one would ever try to keep them quiet. They are so vocal that they ended up on TV all over America on that the Elian issue. And, it seems, they lost a lot of support throughout "America" as a result. But, hey, no one tried to shut them up and no one would try to restrict their rights to express their feelings. Armando Gutierrez was the spokesperson for the Miami family members of Elian.....he was all over the news and deeply involved in all the attempted "negotiations."

.....The point was that the Cuban exiles who fought so hard to keep Elian away from his father actually lost a lot of political power as a result of that "fight." We're TALKING POLITICS.......nothing more.

Geeee, why am I not surprised that you would want Grayson to be defeated? Is he a Democrat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies