Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 11:05 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,050,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
I really wasn't talking to you in particular. I was just saying that calling the people you are talking to "racist pigs" probably is not a good persuasive strategy. If that is your idea of productive discourse, then that is fine with me. Outside of the minimal level of effort that it takes me to make this posting, I really don't care whether you call people names or not. I just think it's not going to get you very far, and since this is a public forum, I can say whatever I want in whatever way I think I should. That is all.
Ok thank you. But I really do not care how far I get in an anonymous public forum. this is all about me and my way to vent about issues.
And of course you can say whatever you want. But it will be rebutted if deemed necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 11:17 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,709,053 times
Did anybody bother to watch the video; honestly? I mean, I actually did the unthinkable and watched the video, it took a grand total of 1:10. First, Roland martin, the host brought up the whole, "Republicans are scared of black people", and Steele, who was in mid sentence, nervously laughed and agreed with the host saying, "Right, I've been in meetings and I'm like, 'look, I'm on your side. So imagine when I have to talk to people like you [black Americans] how hard it is." he then went n to say that the co-founder of BET endorsed the republican candidate for governor of Va. who clown stomped the liberal.

Micheal Steele won the election to head the republican party; anyone know who the runner up was? Kenneth Balckwell from Ohio; another black man. So these racist white conservatives who are afraid of black people had nominated and elected 2 black men as their top 2 people to lead the party. We, again, the white racist conservatives nominated and voted for 2 black men, Blackwell and Lynn Swann (Pennsylvania) to become governors of their respective states; it was the "tolerant" and "enlightened" liberal left that voted against these highly qualified candidates. it was we, the white, racist conservatives that elected and nominated the nations first Indian American governor and Vietnamese American congressman, both from Louisiana.

There's so much agenda and spin on this board nowadays, it's becoming less enjoyable everyday.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:21 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
you betcha. race card has still got alota clout. but like an overmarketed or produced item, it will go the way of the slinky one day.
If I had stairs in my house, I'd still play with my slinky.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:30 AM

301 posts, read 208,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Did anybody bother to watch the video; honestly? I mean, I actually did the unthinkable and watched the video, it took a grand total of 1:10. First, Roland martin, the host brought up the whole, "Republicans are scared of black people", and Steele, who was in mid sentence, nervously laughed and agreed with the host saying, "Right, I've been in meetings and I'm like, 'look, I'm on your side. So imagine when I have to talk to people like you [black Americans] how hard it is." he then went n to say that the co-founder of BET endorsed the republican candidate for governor of Va. who clown stomped the liberal.

Micheal Steele won the election to head the republican party; anyone know who the runner up was? Kenneth Balckwell from Ohio; another black man. So these racist white conservatives who are afraid of black people had nominated and elected 2 black men as their top 2 people to lead the party. We, again, the white racist conservatives nominated and voted for 2 black men, Blackwell and Lynn Swann (Pennsylvania) to become governors of their respective states; it was the "tolerant" and "enlightened" liberal left that voted against these highly qualified candidates. it was we, the white, racist conservatives that elected and nominated the nations first Indian American governor and Vietnamese American congressman, both from Louisiana.

There's so much agenda and spin on this board nowadays, it's becoming less enjoyable everyday.

The epitamy of a token...You do realize that these same republicans were tearing Steele down about 3 days later. It was a political move to counter the election of Obama that backfired.

Salon.com Mobile

Old 11-12-2009, 11:31 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,660,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Ok thank you. But I really do not care how far I get in an anonymous public forum. this is all about me and my way to vent about issues.
And of course you can say whatever you want. But it will be rebutted if deemed necessary.
That actually explains a lot. I'm not here to vent, I'm here to talk. We don't share the same purposes, which explains our different strategies. It's not all about me, as it apparently is for you.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:36 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,709,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkid View Post
The epitamy of a token...You do realize that these same republicans were tearing Steele down about 3 days later. It was a political move to counter the election of Obama that backfired.

Salon.com Mobile
You know what's token? Telling a black man that he's a victim, that he can't succeed on his on merit and become successful in America. Telling a black man that he's just not smart enough to score the same grades as a white guy, so the government, in their [pity for the black man will create a program for him to get things simply based on the color of hi skin. Look at Detroit, Camden, Baltimore, etc.; very high percentage of black population, things have gotten worse and worse, yet they still continue to elect the person with the (D) after his name; all because that person has told these people time and time again, that they can not succeed on their own, that only the government can meet their needs. That my friend is token.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:59 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:

The runner up was not Kenneth Blackwell, it was Katon Dawson, infamously craven racist, and the election was close only because not only Blackwell but the guy from Michigan dropped out. Also during that race Blackwell cynically invoked the name of Lincoln, a traditional irony traditionally lost on Republicans of today.

Where do you get your information?

Old 11-12-2009, 12:00 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,063,614 times
Quote:
You know what's token? Telling a black man that he's a victim, that he can't succeed on his on merit and become successful in America. Telling a black man that he's just not smart enough to score the same grades as a white guy, so the government, in their [pity for the black man will create a program for him to get things simply based on the color of hi skin. Look at Detroit, Camden, Baltimore, etc.; very high percentage of black population, things have gotten worse and worse, yet they still continue to elect the person with the (D) after his name; all because that person has told these people time and time again, that they can not succeed on their own, that only the government can meet their needs. That my friend is token.
Ditto!

Old 11-12-2009, 12:21 PM

844 posts, read 1,280,038 times
White Republicans (the mainstream ones) arent afraid of Micheal Steele. Hes the dorkiest looking black guy on earth. The man makes Steve Urkell look like Rasheed Wallace.

They arent afraid of blacks, they just dont like them. The trend is -

Liberals are afraid of blacks (as an overall group, not necessarily individual ones they know), but support 'black causes' out of paternalistic ideals 'to help the black situation and struggle. In truth its usually to make them feel better about themselves due to their awareness of their privilege.

Conservatives hate black people (as an overall group, not necessarily individual ones they know), but oppose 'black causes' with the paternalistic idea 'To make black people more self-sufficient', when in truth its simply because they prefer society without blacks or at the very least with blacks marginalized so as to have minimal effect on them, their job, and their precious sons and daughters. Usually, this is out of 'unawareness of privileged'.

Im sorry, Democrats may have their racism issues as well of course, but ever since Obama won the primary, Identity Politics (a big part of which is racism) has become the mainstay background of the bulk of the Republican party.

It was once what the opposition used to define Republicans by. Its now becoming what the party defines itself by, in actions and ideals.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:28 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
White Republicans (the mainstream ones) are afraid of Micheal Steele. Hes the dorkiest looking black guy on earth. The man makes Urkell look like Rasheed Wallace.

They arent afraid of blacks, they just dont like them. The trend is -

Liberals are afraid of blacks, but support 'black causes' out of paternalistic ideals 'to help the black situation and struggle. In truth its usually to make them feel better about themselves due to their awareness of their privilege.

Conservatives hate black people, and oppose 'black causes' with the paternalistic idea 'To make black people more self-sufficient', when in truth its simply because they prefer society without blacks or at the very least with blacks marginalized so as to have minimal effect on them, their job, and their precious sons and daughters. Usually, this is out of 'unawareness of privileged'.

Im sorry, Democrats may have their racism issues as well of course, but ever since Obama won the primary, Identity Politics (a big part of which is racism) has become the mainstay background of the bulk of the Republican party.

It was once what the opposition used to define Republicans by. Its now becoming what the party defines itself by, in actions and ideals.
That is so true, even about many liberals as long as we're generalizing. (And definitely about Rasheed Wallace.) Nevertheless, it's been good-hearted liberals, not selfish conservatives, who for whatever reason, paternalistic or not, have made ALL the anti-apartheid headway in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies