Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2009, 04:57 AM

4,560 posts, read 4,097,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Only if you plan to enslave the doctors and force them to treat everyone.
thats already done in Emergency rooms,

In a country like ours that is privaleged to be as affluent as it is, health care should be a right. Especially when less affluent countries seem to find it to be a right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 05:16 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperPeninsulaRon View Post
Do people really believe that everyone who does not have healthcare, including illegals if you use the 45 million number, have been denied by insurance companies? How have they been denied. Have they tried to get insurance? Have they taken the first step?

Don't believe it the number is much mcuch lower.

Those Forked Tongue Democrats: How Many Uninsured? | The Moderate Voice

Follow the links, CBO etc.

Old 11-13-2009, 05:35 AM

558 posts, read 818,517 times
Health is just a condition. Healthcare is a service. If you're unhappy with the cost of healthcare or that some people can't afford it, either do something to increase the supply of doctors, nurses, technicians, medicines and equipment, or reduce the demand.

Old 11-13-2009, 05:41 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Easiest way to increase the number of doctors and nurses is to subsidize their education and have the first 100 grand of their income deductable at tax time. This would require some cooperation from the AMA that works very hard to control the number of doctors entering the workforce to keep up salaries.

Old 11-13-2009, 05:48 AM

737 posts, read 1,648,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
where exactly does this idea come from? Last time I checked our medical schools were full and there was no shortage of docs.

Also current estimates say that 30% of all procedures are unnecessary and are done in part to pad the wallets of doctors.

GP's invest in labs etc and then refer patients for testing that is not necessary.

I propose to you also....Are you ok with a country that denies its citizens health care based on financial level etc etc etc??
This is not true. So a few did it and now every Doctor gets the blame? Very few Doctors did unnecessary procedures.

Now we can't get a needed procedure because of the new reform which is taking place. When a 47 year old woman is told she doesn't need a mammogram when all we hear it after a certain age you should get one. I know this to be true this happened to me. NO I have never had a mammogram since I was in my lower 30's.

Give me a break now we can't even get procedures that are necessary I am running into this all the time.

I've been seeing Doctors leave the profession because of the New Health care. Doctors are no longer Doctors they are being told what they can and can't do even if it is necessary it will be determined by the insurance not by the doctor.

I would much rather have a doctor treating me then an insurance company. Who do these Pro Doctors work for who are calling the shots, they work for the insurance company and if they don't conform they know they lose there JOBS. I want a real doctor not some sell out.

Now these same Doctors when whom were padding are working for the insurance company. SAD

Old 11-13-2009, 05:59 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Easiest way to increase the number of doctors and nurses is to subsidize their education and have the first 100 grand of their income deductable at tax time. This would require some cooperation from the AMA that works very hard to control the number of doctors entering the workforce to keep up salaries.
Nah..easier way is H1B doctors/nurses.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:03 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
More in U.S. Say Health Coverage Is Not Gov’t. Responsibility

Quote:
PRINCETON, NJ -- More Americans now say it is not the federal government's responsibility to make sure all Americans have healthcare coverage (50%) than say it is (47%).
Huge "change" from 3 years ago 69-28% for.

Quote:
The current poll results indicate that, with the renewed healthcare debate since Obama took office, Americans have become less convinced that it is an appropriate goal for the federal government to take on the responsibility of ensuring that all Americans have healthcare coverage.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:40 AM

737 posts, read 1,648,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlady01 View Post
This is not true. So a few did it and now every Doctor gets the blame? Very few Doctors did unnecessary procedures.

Now we can't get a needed procedure because of the new reform which is taking place. When a 47 year old woman is told she doesn't need a mammogram when all we hear it after a certain age you should get one. I know this to be true this happened to me. NO I have never had a mammogram since I was in my lower 30's.

Give me a break now we can't even get procedures that are necessary I am running into this all the time.

I've been seeing Doctors leave the profession because of the New Health care. Doctors are no longer Doctors they are being told what they can and can't do even if it is necessary it will be determined by the insurance not by the doctor.

I would much rather have a doctor treating me then an insurance company. Who do these Pro Doctors work for who are calling the shots, they work for the insurance company and if they don't conform they know they lose there JOBS. I want a real doctor not some sell out.

Now these same Doctors when whom were padding are working for the insurance company. SAD
P.S.
Not all these Doctors were padding some Doctors are more cautions then others. Being over caution can be a good thing. Deepening on the situation Caution can be good and some patients seek out Doctors are are cautions.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:54 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer222 View Post
and you are not due the right to live??
People who go to a doctor very often are not healthier than those who rarely go to a doctor. More people die in or on their way to hospitals and nursing homes than die at home - you can have all the "health care" money can buy and still die.

Most health care problems in the USA have to do with obesity, lack of exercise, heavy drinking and drug abuse. Most health problems could be improved by people taking the initiative for their own health care.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:01 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

Most health care problems in the USA have to do with obesity, lack of exercise, heavy drinking and drug abuse. Most health problems could be improved by people taking the initiative for their own health care.
Very true. The problem is that when people don't take the initiative, it also costs me and you. Can we do something about that? Should we do something about that or just grimace and bear it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies