Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 10:20 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,209,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
2 of them dont even work and one is just info about the conference

great info it really backed you up,, now maybe you should get back in your box and play nice.
I don't know what happened to those two but I can assure you that this one does work and not one prog on this thread will read enough of it to learn one thing. It is nothing but news about the conference and what they want to have happen.

copenhagen climate change conference december - Google Search

Try this one for information about the meeting. Then look around on that google page to get more.

http://www.cleanskies.com/special-re...FRPyDAodNDMXqQ

Maybe you guys would like this one better to lear just what they plan to do. Whatever you do don't click on the first link on the google page.

http://en.cop15.dk/news/view+news?newsid=876
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Looks like it's falling apart and no treaty will be signed. Africa is upset that the US is not "doing more".

Copenhagen climate treaty in danger - UPI.com
I think those African nations just want to see the US, China and India paying through the nose with money that will be distributed among the developing nations and are going to cut off their nose to spite their face.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Too funny.

Oh, uh - was this meant to be a joke?
No joke intended. Maybe you need to read the link that HappyTexan provided above the one you wrote me. Also read the last two links I put up so you can find out so much about what they still think they can get done.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
roy, watch that paranoia. I think you may be catching it from your buddy Glenn.
Has Glenn Beck been talking about this subject? I didn't know and he hadn't been on for a week so I didn't watch the Judge take it over. I think that you need to read some links especially the one from UPI that HappyTexan hung out for you to see.

I just don't remember Beck talking about this one but it will be his kind of thing soon after December 7 or 8.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
bwahahahahahaha

I actually heard that we are going to sell our sovereignty on ebay. you can alot for it these days.
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha you haven't read a link yet, have you. It is ok because when this one happens you may be so overjoyed that you will have to celebrate however you do that.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:00 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,329,907 times
To me, it's more of a treaty to transfer wealth from the industrialized nations to the poor nations.
Actual emissions controls seem secondary to this treaty. It's all about paying a percentage of a nation's GDP to poorer nations only the money goes to the UN.

Here's another Canadian article that describes this at a higher level. Interesting read. I don't see it as a power grab but more of a money grab. The UN though will get to set, approve and modify the emission reduction numbers a country submits and can deny their plan. Basically the UN gets to mandate environmental policy for a nation through approval/denial of a nation's plan. That's how I read it.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=2088729&p=2 (broken link)

So would this mean the US had to fork over a percentage of their GDP to the UN and then we get cap and trade on top of this ?

Geeze I really hope it falls apart and doesn't get signed.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:49 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,898,999 times
PolitiFact | British climate-change skeptic says Copenhagen treaty threatens "democracy," "freedom"

Old 11-12-2009, 12:06 AM

844 posts, read 1,278,152 times
OBAMAS AN ALIEN TRYING TO SEND OUR GRANDMOTHERS TO DEATH CAMPS AND INDOCTRINATE OUR KIDS INTO MISCENTIGNATION AND TAKE OUR FREEDOMS THROUGH A RANDOM BILL HES SIGNING IN DENMARK WITH NO REAL CONNECTIONS TO CURRENT EVENTS IN OUR SOCIETY TODAY!

Repent! All is ending! Its the apocalypse!

/ruthless sarcasm.

Seriously folks, the more whacked out-paranoia the far right anti-obamans come up with, the more they make themselves and their views unappealing to the mainstream, not to mention feed into the left seemingly endless belief in Obamas agenda (which in truth seems to be no different than Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Bush I or Nixon), and no real 'change' at all.

Old 11-12-2009, 02:22 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,530,354 times
He wants us to believe there's aliens. His fan club here should be proud of this.

Official disclosure of extraterrestrial life is imminent

Old 11-13-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
OBAMAS AN ALIEN TRYING TO SEND OUR GRANDMOTHERS TO DEATH CAMPS AND INDOCTRINATE OUR KIDS INTO MISCENTIGNATION AND TAKE OUR FREEDOMS THROUGH A RANDOM BILL HES SIGNING IN DENMARK WITH NO REAL CONNECTIONS TO CURRENT EVENTS IN OUR SOCIETY TODAY!

Repent! All is ending! Its the apocalypse!

/ruthless sarcasm.

Seriously folks, the more whacked out-paranoia the far right anti-obamans come up with, the more they make themselves and their views unappealing to the mainstream, not to mention feed into the left seemingly endless belief in Obamas agenda (which in truth seems to be no different than Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Bush I or Nixon), and no real 'change' at all.
Have you really not seen any connection between Cap and Trade and what this treaty is calling for? If not then all your progressive oriented Pelosi shows something about how you come to your conclusions. Kos, and others like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies