Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 07:53 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,551,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
President Obama is sending the troops, so much for the thought presented here.
Casper
Where do you get this information?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 10:10 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hortysir View Post
Where do you get this information?
I watch the news, why, haven't the rightwing propaganda sites informed you of this yet, I can see why since it kills another of their accusations that he will not fight.
Casper

Old 11-15-2009, 03:37 PM

So how many men have died in the 90+ days while he made up his mind?
Seeing how you can't source-link your information.....

Old 11-15-2009, 03:40 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
Quote:
None of the troops in any of the recommendations would have been deployed yet. So no matter what he could have decided, troop strength would be the same right now. I don't know how many men are supposed to die for the Karzai Drug Cartel

Old 11-15-2009, 03:42 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Are you saying less would have died if more troops were on the way? Really? While we are at it answer this, why are the troop levels in Afganistan not higher, gonna blame 7 years of being put on the back burner on the correct administration or not, hmmm?
Casper

Old 11-15-2009, 04:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Are you saying less would have died if more troops were on the way? Really? While we are at it answer this, why are the troop levels in Afganistan not higher, gonna blame 7 years of being put on the back burner on the correct administration or not, hmmm?
Casper
When will our Commander in Chief start commanding ?

Forget the politics and "Bush's fault" finger pointing.

Those are American soldiers over there and their General has asked for more troops. Obama needs to get a spine and make a decision or get them all out of there.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
None of the troops in any of the recommendations would have been deployed yet. So no matter what he could have decided, troop strength would be the same right now. I don't know how many men are supposed to die for the Karzai Drug Cartel
And now it will be even longer before they are there...
Quote:
Casper
Not "on the way"...they should already be there.
Ya'll can keep looking back at Bush all ya want. I'd rather forget him, personally.
But, at least, when he was approached for a troop surge in Iraq on Dec 20th he made his deciosion on Jan 6th.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:27 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,984,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
With ZERO military experience.
When Obama starts an unnecessary war ... please be sure to keep us informed !!!

Old 11-15-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
When Obama starts an unnecessary war ... please be sure to keep us informed !!!
He may as well with all the unemployed and foreclosed people AND all the money he's spending...

Old 11-15-2009, 04:35 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
When will our Commander in Chief start commanding ?

Forget the politics and "Bush's fault" finger pointing.

Those are American soldiers over there and their General has asked for more troops. Obama needs to get a spine and make a decision or get them all out of there.
I agree that Obama needs to crap or get off the pot. Personally, I want us to get the heck out of Afghanistan NOW! I feel it's a waste of lives, time, and money. Just be done with it! It's time to stop blaming Bush. I'm angry we invaded Iraq and it makes for a good argument when debating the war(s). But this is now Obama's war. I am not willing to give him a pass on Afghanistan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies