Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 08:59 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
It took 7 years for the American death toll (from all causes including non-combat deaths) to reach 4000. It has taken 7 months for the virus to exact the same toll, mostly among the very young. This will soon become a political problem for the Obama administration, in addition to being a public health catastrophe. The administration has totally botched the government response to this pandemic.
Can you explain how the Obama administration has botched the government response to H1N1?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 09:59 AM

4,003 posts, read 10,839,827 times
H1N1, the new Bubonic Plague! Run for your lives! Oh, wait....it is just the flu, nevermind.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:04 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
How is Obama responsible for a virus?
We should all have had the shot for this flu available by last September. He is responsible for that. Actually he doesn't take responsibility for anything. I am sure Bush is at fault because we don't have the vaccine.

It is one thing to see the statistics. It is another when you see the people in intensive care. Some of them did not die, but they have after effects from this flu. Sorry excuse for a president.

I forgot to add. I think it is interesting that he made sure his criminal friends got the shot before the rest of us. He said he felt responsible for them. When is he going to start realizing his first responsibility is to the American people. We seem to always come out last in his priorities, expecially senior citizens.

Last edited by NCN; 11-12-2009 at 10:15 AM..

Old 11-12-2009, 10:26 AM

2,667 posts, read 6,779,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
We should all have had the shot for this flu available by last September.
September 2008??

Old 11-12-2009, 10:29 AM

2,667 posts, read 6,779,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
It took 7 years for the American death toll (from all causes including non-combat deaths) to reach 4000. It has taken 7 months for the virus to exact the same toll, mostly among the very young.
You are comparing military deaths in a war to a flu virus? Moreso ... a flu virus that has still killed (at this point) only around 15% of what the typical flu kills each year? I don't get the logic.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:30 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,810,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Oh, give me a break! It's "widespread" in 48 states. It's everywhere. It was worse here in Colorado before the vaccine was released. But what would I know? I only work in heath care.
Really, someone call MedImmune - I think someone is abusing their patent on the H1N1 virus.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:31 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
We should all have had the shot for this flu available by last September. He is responsible for that. Actually he doesn't take responsibility for anything. I am sure Bush is at fault because we don't have the vaccine.
Uh. You say we should have had the vaccine by last September and that Obama is responsible for that.

Obama wasn't even elected President last September.

And yes, if you believe that we should have had the vaccine by last September, and you think the President is responsible for that, then you would indeed be saying Bush is at fault.

Wow. I sure hope you mean Sept 09, and I'd love to hear you explain how a vaccine should be developed and made available to the public by September for a flu that hasn't been around a while, and how Obama should be the one making it available.

By the way - every high risk person I know has been able to get the shot.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:32 AM

14,481 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
H1N1, the new Bubonic Plague! Run for your lives! Oh, wait....it is just the flu, nevermind.
So apparently our president likes to play April Fools jokes in October?

Medical News: Obama Declares H1N1 a National Emergency - in Infectious Disease, Swine Flu from MedPage Today

Old 11-12-2009, 10:35 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
So apparently our president likes to play April Fools jokes in October?

Medical News: Obama Declares H1N1 a National Emergency - in Infectious Disease, Swine Flu from MedPage Today
Declaring H1N1 a national emergency allows stockpiles of medication to be freed up. Did you even read the article you linked?

Quote:
The proclamation notes that the declaration is a precautionary measure, "given that the rapid increase in illness across the Nation may overburden healthcare resources and that the temporary waiver of certain standard Federal requirements may be warranted in order to enable U.S. healthcare facilities to implement emergency operations plans."

Old 11-12-2009, 10:44 AM

14,481 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
You are comparing military deaths in a war to a flu virus? Moreso ... a flu virus that has still killed (at this point) only around 15% of what the typical flu kills each year? I don't get the logic.
So how do you feel about that extra 15% of fatalities?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies