Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 06:55 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Just to flesh out some of the details on this "breaking news" from 2½ freaking years ago, the actual principal authors of the 2007 immigration bill were Ted Kennedy, John McCain, John Kyl, Lindsey Graham, and George W Bush.

shhh .,,shhhh....keep very very quiet...I see wabbits .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 07:07 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Denial...stay there. Maybe you should do research of your own concerning this bill as well as discussion on both sides during that time on Amnesty and Path to Citizenship. As far as "bring down the republican party" I'm sure they know how to do that all on their own.

I have it is a Dem focus. Any evidence you would like to present tying Republicans to pushing this I would be happy to read. You certainly are an expert on denial!

Last edited by shorebaby; 11-12-2009 at 07:30 PM..

Old 11-12-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Just to flesh out some of the details on this "breaking news" from 2½ freaking years ago, the actual principal authors of the 2007 immigration bill were Ted Kennedy, John McCain, John Kyl, Lindsey Graham, and George W Bush.

Thanks for proving my point. Not one conservative! Ted Kennedy and a collection of Rinos. LOL! Pushed by the speaker!

Now looky here! Ah yes surely a Republican hot button issue! LMAO!

http://news.newamericamedia.org/news...bd0a80f9f30306

Last edited by shorebaby; 11-12-2009 at 07:18 PM..

Old 11-12-2009, 07:28 PM

844 posts, read 1,280,576 times
I pity the fool that clicks some random anti-obama spam link. Likewise, they deserve whatever spyware and malware they get from it.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:35 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
We have to fight the Demoncats and illegal immigration. They have more rights than us and they are exempt from paying taxes. It's an OUTRAGE!

Old 11-12-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
I pity the fool that clicks some random anti-obama spam link. Likewise, they deserve whatever spyware and malware they get from it.
Yikes! Who posted an anti-obama link. The paranoid lefties are out in force tonight. This thread isn't even about him!

Old 11-12-2009, 08:23 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Thanks for proving my point. Not one conservative! Ted Kennedy and a collection of Rinos. LOL!
Let me see if I have this right - the sitting Republican President (at the time) and the Republican candidate for President are RINOs? Call me Mr. Traditional, but wouldn't the candidate appointed by the Republican Party convention be pretty much the embodiment of the party?

Far be it from me to try to define the Republican esprit in these troubled times, but if both the Chief Executive and the guy elected by the party to run for the post somehow fall short as Republicans, perhaps the party has a bit of an identity crisis. Or, and I realize this is a wild thought, perhaps the party actually get to define who's a Republican and who isn't, and people on message boards don't.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Let me see if I have this right - the sitting Republican President (at the time) and the Republican candidate for President are RINOs? Call me Mr. Traditional, but wouldn't the candidate appointed by the Republican Party convention be pretty much the embodiment of the party?

Far be it from me to try to define the Republican esprit in these troubled times, but if both the Chief Executive and the guy elected by the party to run for the post somehow fall short as Republicans, perhaps the party has a bit of an identity crisis. Or, and I realize this is a wild thought, perhaps the party actually get to define who's a Republican and who isn't, and people on message boards don't.

I think most conservatives were pretty disappointed by Bush on many fronts.

And as you saw in NY 23rd, the party isn't/wasn't in tune with rank and file. (please spare us the Republican civil war non sense or I shall be forced to post a million articles about the Dems and abortion in health care reform) I don't think you could define any of those folks listed as "Republican standard bearers" especially Bush at that point in his Presidency. Clearly the party faithful were less than enchanted by Mccain, many stayed home rather than vote for him.

In any event look up Democrats and immigration reform and they were all over that bill in 2007 as they are today. To deny that this is a Dem signature issue is to deny reality.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:07 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I remembered it being talked about in 2008, but that doesnt mean Congress didnt renew the discussion.

why would this have been hard to believe it was a current discussion considering the comments are all less than a week old..
It doesn't mean congress did renew the discussion, either.

Old 11-13-2009, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It doesn't mean congress did renew the discussion, either.

Ahh but they did!

Over 100 Democrats Push Obama on Immigration Reform - NAM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies