Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you rather live in a country with no muslims or with muslims
With muslims 36 46.75%
With no muslims 41 53.25%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 09:51 AM

238 posts, read 766,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Some white, black, Asian, Hispanic and Native Americans are safe, but some are not. You never know who you are dealing with.

These days, no one is immune to much of anything. It's called vigilance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 10:03 AM

2,008 posts, read 3,326,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Look at the countries as if they could both exist at the same time in the world today, each were identical except for their religious makeup.

You should ask yourself a few questions before answering....

Do you think this country is safer with or without muslims?

Do you think this country is more stable with or without muslims?

Do you think the people of this country would be more happy with or without muslims?

And please keep all mentions of politics out of it, this should only come from your heart. Where would you really want to live? And why?
This country already has Muslims

I wouldn't want things to be run the way they are in most Muslim countries. but I am one to celebrate diversity. I think it's a very good thing when not everyone thinks alike. If we all had the same ideals it would be a pretty boring place.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:19 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Look at the countries as if they could both exist at the same time in the world today, each were identical except for their religious makeup.

You should ask yourself a few questions before answering....

Do you think this country is safer with or without muslims?

Do you think this country is more stable with or without muslims?

Do you think the people of this country would be more happy with or without muslims?

And please keep all mentions of politics out of it, this should only come from your heart. Where would you really want to live? And why?
Would not want to live a nation that would be willing to expel or demy entry to people based on their religon. This nation would no longer be the nation that the founding fathers built, meaning the American dream was over.
Casper

Old 11-13-2009, 10:19 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post
This country already has Muslims

I wouldn't want things to be run the way they are in most Muslim countries. but I am one to celebrate diversity. I think it's a very good thing when not everyone thinks alike. If we all had the same ideals it would be a pretty boring place.
What is it that Muslims think about that is so different from everyone else? Why are muslims the only ones that can have that perspective? Do you think their "different thinking" has brought greater prosperity to this country?

Old 11-13-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Would not want to live a nation that would be willing to expel or demy entry to people based on their religon. This nation would no longer be the nation that the founding fathers built, meaning the American dream was over.
Casper
Do you believe that the founding fathers wanted this?

John Adams on Islam in 1830 « Mary Christina Love

FrontPage Magazine - John Quincy Adams Knew Jihad (http://97.74.65.51/readArticle.aspx?ARTID=11283 - broken link)

Old 11-13-2009, 11:29 AM

3,078 posts, read 11,063,834 times
If there were no Muslims, I'd have a harder time finding a friend to be my designated driver.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:35 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'd rather not live with xians.
They scare me more.
Maybe you should consider moving to one of the Islamic paradises, maybe like Afghanistan or Iran where Christians and Jews are not allowed or are very strictly controlled. Maybe you'd be happier. --- oh -- and don't forget to pack your burka.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:37 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Do you believe that the founding fathers wanted this?

John Adams on Islam in 1830 « Mary Christina Love

FrontPage Magazine - John Quincy Adams Knew Jihad (http://97.74.65.51/readArticle.aspx?ARTID=11283 - broken link)
If he believed in Muslims not being Americans he would have never signed on the dotted line. Note what his comments were directed towards, it had nothing to do with whether muslims should be treated as Americans or allowed in this nation. Knowing that there are bad people within the islamic faith does not make all Muslims bad, just as bad people within the Christian faith do not make all Christians bad. Sorry, you can try and justify exclusion all you want, i will never buy it, neither will the American people. And that is what it comes down to, even if the farsiders managed to get some sort of law passed banning Muslims from living here, the SC would overturn the law as unconstitutional, and they would be 100% correct. Ain't gonna happen folks.
Casper

Old 11-13-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
If he believed in Muslims not being Americans he would have never signed on the dotted line. Note what his comments were directed towards, it had nothing to do with whether muslims should be treated as Americans or allowed in this nation. Knowing that there are bad people within the islamic faith does not make all Muslims bad, just as bad people within the Christian faith do not make all Christians bad. Sorry, you can try and justify exclusion all you want, i will never buy it, neither will the American people. And that is what it comes down to, even if the farsiders managed to get some sort of law passed banning Muslims from living here, the SC would overturn the law as unconstitutional, and they would be 100% correct. Ain't gonna happen folks.
Casper

You are absolutely right it is not going to happen. As long as we are the United States of America founded on our constitution it is never going to happen. This question was merely hypothetical to see how politics have clouded the judgement of the people on this forum.

This was not supposed to be a political discussion about our constitution or our founding fathers, it was supposed to be a logical discussion about the good and bad effects of Muslims existing in this country, and determining if the good outweighs the bad.

The problem is, the people of this forum refuse to actually think in any profound manner to the actual effects of Muslims living in this country. Instead they look at the question, see the political undercurrent, and vote along their current ideology.

When you look at absolute facts, no rationally-minded human being could ever make the case that Muslims make this country a better place to live. The fact that almost half of all people voting in this poll voted for Muslims is a testament to how ignorant and naive most people really are.

All I asked of you was honesty, can you people not just be honest?

Last edited by Redshadowz; 11-13-2009 at 11:58 AM..

Old 11-13-2009, 11:49 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Don't forget it was a Muslim who killed Robert F Kennedy, supposedly liberals adore the Kennedys so much -- until one is assassinated by a Muslim and then they want more coming to this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies