Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 08:59 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
$350 billion in "meds for old people"
"No child left behind"
TARP
1% Fed Funds Rate

...NO THANK YOU
Ahh, I dont think any of those items were in the Contract with America, in fact I know they werent..

Histerical when individuals oppose something and then they prove they dont have a clue what it is they oppose..

http://newt.org/Portals/0/Files/CWA10Year.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 09:35 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
it sounds like your mind was made up before you even posted here and watched the link. ooh thats right, you didn't even bother to read the link.

I'll be back to ask for the advice from someone who is to closed minded to even read before he responds when I care what you have to say. Another words, hold your breath, I'm sure I'll be back shortly wondering what your opinion is on what is true failure, I'm sure you have a good idea..

What can they say at this point. We've allowed them to do whatever they like. We gave them a trillion to bail out their banker buddies and their bosses at Fannie and Freddie who took advantage of the repeal of Glass-Steigall (thank you Bill Clinton) to create trillions upon trillions in toxic CRA NINJA and ARM mortgage backed CDOs, yet the economy is barely moving. We gave them another trillion for a stimulus package that was supposed to keep unemployment below eight percent. It failed miserably as unemployment is at a 26 year high and still increasing. We passed the largest budget in the history of the nation, but we still have to cut defense programs and weapon systems that are supposed to keep our troops at an advantage. After whining about the Bush deficits throughout the campaign, the Democrats quadrupled it. We keep hearing about hope and change, and that the Republicans have no new ideas. So what are the Democrat's "new ideas"? Apparently, the new ideas are tax a lot, spend a lot and blow up the deficit.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:39 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ahh, I dont think any of those items were in the Contract with America, in fact I know they werent..

Histerical when individuals oppose something and then they prove they dont have a clue what it is they oppose..

http://newt.org/Portals/0/Files/CWA10Year.pdf
The "contract with America" helped to enlist liberal RINO neo-cons into our legislative and executive branch who enacted these laws.

Old 11-27-2009, 04:16 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
The "contract with America" helped to enlist liberal RINO neo-cons into our legislative and executive branch who enacted these laws.
you are sadly misguided and mistaken.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:13 PM

323 posts, read 502,988 times
I was initially very skeptical about it, but turned out positively surprised. There is in fact not a single reference to religion in this contract, nor is there any advocacy of socially conservative policies. The contract is 100 % focused on individual liberty, limited government, and economic freedom. A very positive development, if you ask me. I fully support it.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:55 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Default GOP, Gingrich: Contract With America vs new Pledge

Today's Bloomberg has a piece recounting the life and death of the Contract With America (CWA), providing some detail on how much of it ever got enacted (very little, especially term limits) and the political realities that killed it. Great reading, hope people hit the link.

By comparison, the recent "pledge" document is but a joke when compared to the grand intent of the original CWA.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies