Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2009, 04:05 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortysir View Post
You like Fox, I like Jon Stewart
You're wrong and stupid
I'm superior
nannernannernannernanner

jeez.....

Don't like Jon Stewart?
Don't like Fox News?
Watch I Love Lucy reruns and shut up, already.
One of these days, Alice.

Pow.

Right to the Moon.

LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 04:10 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
He's a script-reading actor, for chrissake. With the same tired old left-wing agenda.

Nothing like a court jester who doubles as lap-dog for the party in power.

Takes a lot of courage...
Wow, what an astute analysis about absolutely nothing.

Old 11-14-2009, 04:10 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Uh huh, I'd like to take a count of the number of hours spent going after the various parties. Think it would look pretty fair and balanced?

Save your ink, the clown doesn't even pretend to be objective. When he goes after Obama and Biden like he went after Bush and Cheney, I'll be more impressed (not just an occasional clip).

I find it funny that someone actually thinks they are fair and objective. Why don't you just say "I have a specific point of view, and like them because they reinforce my predisposed political sentiments".
Are you just mad because The Daily Show busted Hannity?

watch and tell me what's lying about this.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th...logizes-to-jon

"FOX NEWS. WE ALTER REALITY, YOU ARE SOLD A PRECONCEIVED NARRATIVE."

That's what you're defending.

Old 11-14-2009, 04:11 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Uh huh, I'd like to take a count of the number of hours spent going after the various parties. Think it would look pretty fair and balanced?

Save your ink, the clown doesn't even pretend to be objective. When he goes after Obama and Biden like he went after Bush and Cheney, I'll be more impressed (not just an occasional clip).

I find it funny that someone actually thinks they are fair and objective. Why don't you just say "I have a specific point of view, and like them because they reinforce my predisposed political sentiments".

"Fair" is a Liberal term, usually used to conceal favoritism.

"Balanced' is a stacked deck.

The Right is too unintelligent to succeed with a hijacking and theft of the Left.

Jon Stewart is intelligent, and therefore, unfair.

Old 11-14-2009, 04:16 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Are you just mad because The Daily Show busted Hannity?
Nah, not really much of a FOX watcher, so I really didn't care either way. I watched him do a busting of CNN too, over the use of cell phones while driving, and then pointing out in another show how they can be useful when you are on the road.

My real view of Stewart is that he is just a silly lightweight. The "harm" comes from all of the dopes who find him to be a credible source for a point of view concerning current events.

Actually what I found really interesting was an interview he did with Anna Balzer and Mustafa Barghouti. It showed Stewart's complete complete lack of ability to ask any insightful questions, even within the context of his lightweight show, nor do any impromptu critical thinking when presented with unanticipated information. After "smug", he really doesn't have much going for him.

Old 11-14-2009, 04:19 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
It showed Stewart's complete complete lack of ability to ask any insightful questions, even within the context of his lightweight show, nor do any impromptu critical thinking when presented with unanticipated information. After "smug", he really doesn't have much going for him.
Ummm....it's a COMEDY show.

Old 11-14-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Ummm....it's a COMEDY show.
And a very slanted one, to go back to the point made multiple times in this thread.

Old 11-14-2009, 04:21 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Nah, not really much of a FOX watcher, so I really didn't care either way. I watched him do a busting of CNN too, over the use of cell phones while driving, and then pointing out in another show how they can be useful when you are on the road.

My real view of Stewart is that he is just a silly lightweight. The "harm" comes from all of the dopes who find him to be a credible source for a point of view concerning current events.

Actually what I found really interesting was an interview he did with Anna Balzer and Mustafa Barghouti. It showed Stewart's complete complete lack of ability to ask any insightful questions, even within the context of his lightweight show, nor do any impromptu critical thinking when presented with unanticipated information. After "smug", he really doesn't have much going for him.
? Obviously he and his show are not lightweight: they forced the vile, smarmy liar Sean Hannity to almost admit the truth on the air. You and I couldnt accomplish that. A year's worth of documentation of their lies at Mediamatters couldnt accomplish that, even. But someone proving the truth on popular television accomplished it. Why arent you defending the truth?

Old 11-14-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
? Obviously he and his show are not lightweight: they forced the vile, smarmy liar Sean Hannity to almost admit the truth on the air. You and I couldnt accomplish that. A year's worth of documentation of their lies at Mediamatters couldnt accomplish that, even.
Wow, false crowd shots. Really a serious issue there.

Old 11-14-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
? Obviously he and his show are not lightweight: they forced the vile, smarmy liar Sean Hannity to almost admit the truth on the air. You and I couldnt accomplish that. A year's worth of documentation of their lies at Mediamatters couldnt accomplish that, even. But someone telling the truth on popular television accomplished it. Why arent you defending the truth?
I am, Stewart is a lightweight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies