Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 04:10 AM

807 posts, read 1,302,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
Once all the American drug addicts stop funding the narcos, things should cool off. Remember America....Just Say No!
Typical response from the Pro-Illegals.. Blame America First!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 04:12 AM

807 posts, read 1,302,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
With the way our economies are tied together. It would be impossible for Mexico to go down and not the US. If Mexico goes down, the US will too. Can the US afford to help and lift Mexico, if the US is in the same conditions? I dont think so.
Not true.. The economy in Mexico was bad even during the U.S. boom years, explaining why many entered the country illegally during those years..

Old 11-16-2009, 05:15 AM

50,226 posts, read 46,975,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Typical response from the Pro-Illegals.. Blame America First!
They are not Pro-Illegal so much as Pro-Mexico. Since most Illegals are Mexican Nationals, well there you go. They wouldn't be spouting if they were from Canada.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:50 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,112,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
With the way our economies are tied together. It would be impossible for Mexico to go down and not the US. If Mexico goes down, the US will too. Can the US afford to help and lift Mexico, if the US is in the same conditions? I dont think so.
FYI: Mexico's economic output is about 10% of the USA's; so, even if it totally imploded...........I do not see how it would really hurt us.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:52 PM

14 posts, read 18,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Not true.. The economy in Mexico was bad even during the U.S. boom years, explaining why many entered the country illegally during those years..
you appear to be ignorant as to what the bracero program was.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:57 PM

14 posts, read 18,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Mods: feel free to move this topic if needed.

More and more: with Mexico showing the classic signs of collapse due in large part to the narco terrorism; will it become necessary to the USA to step in with military and LE to secure Juarez, etc?

What I am leading up to is we may be facing a tidal wave of refugees very soon.

My question being: what should the USA do with the impending horde? Noramlly I would advocate 'shoot to kill' orders for our Border Patrol (which were implemented during that rush of the checkpoint @ San Diego a few months ago); just that taking down people who are fleeing for their lives does leave me cold.

Should the USA set up internment camps here or sweep into Mexico proper and set up facilities there?

As many of you know; I 'called' the recession here in the USA back in 2007 ng before it came to pass-----------and, I have a sick premonition that we will be faced with what I outlined above concerning Mexico in possibly a matter of months.
oh no! I better buy up all the tinfoil before it sells out!

Old 11-16-2009, 03:27 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,681,693 times
A hundred years ago we sent troops into Mexico because of the deteriorating conditions there. I live on the border, it's not much different. Just like living in the city, you have to be aware of your surroundings

Old 11-16-2009, 04:35 PM

5,475 posts, read 12,237,873 times
The way the current administration is going, they will all end up becoming legal citizens anyway, so who cares?

Old 11-16-2009, 04:37 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,306,648 times
FEMA camps. And now you know the real truth.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:41 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,112,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanwer View Post
oh no! I better buy up all the tinfoil before it sells out!
Care to explain this?

Juarez business groups call for UN peacekeepers - El Paso Times

Quote:
MEXICO CITY -- Business groups in Ciudad Juarez said Wednesday they are calling for United Nations peacekeepers to quell the drug-related violence that has given their city one of the highest homicide rates in the world.

Groups representing maquiladora assembly plants, retailers and other businesses said they will submit a request to the Mexican government and the Inter American Human Rights Commission to ask the U.N. to send help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies