Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2009, 09:12 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Christmas View Post
Mr. explorer, what could possible be your point here other than to equate one heinous act of a western man,, as paraphrased from my previous statements with the acts of thousands of muslim men throughout the world. You are seeking to illustrate some sort of moral equivalent that only exists in the world of excuses that liberals invent daily in our world to sympathise with the jihadists.
It is almost unbearable to think we have people that have grown up in this great nation that would reach to this extreme. If I told you little red riding hood was eaten by the big bad wolf would we defend the red wolf by equivocating that there are also grey wolves in the forest. They are wolves and they need to be destroyed if they are eating defenseless children. My lord how you people will go to such extremes to be apologists.
Speaking of extremes, take your thinking cap off. It's needlessly overloaded.

I'm not defending anybody. All your nonsensical rhetoric doesn't change that fact. I'm merely pointing out that a "western man" was a terrorist. This doesn't mean Hasan isn't a terrorist. It doesn't mean there aren't "thousands" of Islamic terrorists. Stop trying to invent things that aren't there. Take off the thinking cap, and read my words.

Here's my point. You're wrong. Admit it, and move on...unless you really are defending McVeigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 09:12 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Oh no doubt about it..... The military is after all slave to our civilian masters. For example during the Clinton years it was banned to wear your Uniform at the white house. Well all excpt the traditional Marine guards...
This administration is more against the military than the Clinton one was, too. I hope the day never comes when our military people have to make a choice between their vows and the people of the nation. That will be tough on many of our young people unless their officers make the choice first.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:13 PM

44 posts, read 42,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Can I have sloppy seconds, or am I out of sequence?
With a statement like that I'd say you are Pabst limp.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:13 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
There are some here with some really good and even fitting screen names. If you are around long enough you may some day see me explain mine because many who don't understand become taken in by the story. I believe you may be one that I will want to see it.
I wouldn't let her touch it until you know her better.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Hey now! You know me and you agree on some things.

Like the thread where I said that kids are spoiled as all hell today and we should go harder on them. It is not all about them.
We have agreed more than that but you did pick a very apt screen name, IMO.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
I take exception to being included with Tim McVeigh.
I didn't include you with anyone.
Quote:
He may have been a western man but he was one in a very few.
Agreed. Point?
Quote:
BTW, I may live close to where he got his ammo from but I never met him. Did you?
Give me a break. How many jihadists do you think Marie Christmas has met? You do understand the use of rhetorical devices?

Old 11-15-2009, 09:15 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Christmas View Post
With a statement like that I'd say you are Pabst limp.
Stroh's, my dear, but I don't like piling on.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Can I have sloppy seconds, or am I out of sequence?
I don't know about that kind of seconds since it must have had a much different meaning in my younger days than it does now. I won't tell you what because I am sure you know.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:17 PM

44 posts, read 42,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Speaking of extremes, take your thinking cap off. It's needlessly overloaded.

I'm not defending anybody. All your nonsensical rhetoric doesn't change that fact. I'm merely pointing out that a "western man" was a terrorist. This doesn't mean Hasan isn't a terrorist. It doesn't mean there aren't "thousands" of Islamic terrorists. Stop trying to invent things that aren't there. Take off the thinking cap, and read my words.

Here's my point. You're wrong. Admit it, and move on...unless you really are defending McVeigh.
Well now there are the type of admissions I was looking for so why didn't you just say those things in the first place and I would have spared you the humility.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
None at all unless you count the Islamists as being the plotters and planners and their soldiers jihadists. All of them are bound and determined to either kill all westerners or terrorize them into surrendering and submitting to the state of dhimmitude. I don't think I could easily kill a man but when he wants me to live that life I think I could do it without any qualms at all.
Then I don't understand your "complaint" about not using the word Islamist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies