Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2009, 06:04 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times

Advertisements

RealClearPolitics - Obama's Malpractice

Quote:
The disconnect between what President Obama says and what he's doing is so glaring that most people could not abide it.

But reconciling blatantly contradictory objectives requires them to engage in willful self-deception, public dishonesty, or both.
Deception is right. For instance, this notion that their "reform" won't add to the deficit - so the "doc fix" is put outside of the legislation - technically it won't add to the deficit through this bill, but it most certainly will as they try and pass it on its own.

Quote:
Another way to disguise the costs is to count savings that, though they exist on paper, would probably never be realized in practice.
This is what they always say; "We can cut cost, "find" savings". Never, ever has it worked out that way.

We now know why obama and the dem/libs were/are in such a hurry to rahm this through. The more it just sits out there, the less there is to like in the fine details. Fortunately, as they have tried every trick in the book to push it through, unread and unscored, the public gets angrier and angrier with such tactics.

The contradictions, lies and misleadings rhetoric just keep piling up. Virtually every outside study has debunked the claim/lies of obama and the dems/libs, even congress' own actuary on Medicare/Medicaid.

It is indeed the fine print that is the problem.

AP Poll: Fine print in health care prompts worries - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091116/ap_on_bi_ge/us_ap_poll_health_care;_ylt=AvA0Bi0EHYMu8R52aACQgs hs.aF4;_ylu=X3oDMTJwZXRlbzRoBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkxMT E2L3VzX2FwX3BvbGxfaGVhbHRoX2NhcmUEY3BvcwMzBHBvcwMz BHNlYwN5bl90b3Bfc3RvcmllcwRzbGsDYXBwb2xsZmluZXBy - broken link)

This article is a perfect example of what happens when a question is framed differently;

Quote:
For example, asked if everyone should be required to have at least some health insurance, 67 percent agreed and 27 percent said no.

The responses flipped when people were asked about requiring everybody to carry insurance or face a federal penalty: 64 percent said they would be opposed, while 28 percent favored that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 06:09 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,214,634 times
Yeah, the mandate sucks. Too bad the GOP pushed so hard for it, and that the Dems included it in an attempt to get GOP votes.

Now wingnuts are using it to batter Dems. Shows how intelligent they are, I guess.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:21 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
A $300 billion deception

washingtonpost.com

Old 11-16-2009, 06:47 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,467,414 times
Barry has lied about the GM take over, stimulus, unemployment, climate change, healthcare, taxes, his school records, Fannie, Freddie, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, campaign financing, "Selma got me born", "my father was a goat herder/freedom fighter", "my name is African", "I never practiced Islam", bowing, etc. etc. etc.

It's really getting funny watching the leftist balancing act deflecting and defending this dope.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:52 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,467,414 times
Barry has lied about the GM take over, stimulus, unemployment, climate change, healthcare, taxes, his school records, Fannie, Freddie, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, campaign financing, "Selma got me born", "my father was a goat herder/freedom fighter", "my name is African", "I never practiced Islam", bowing, etc. etc. etc.

It's really getting funny watching the leftist balancing act deflecting and defending this dope.

The guy can't even tell the truth about his own name and people still believe him

Old 11-16-2009, 06:56 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Too bad the GOP pushed so hard for it
They did? Can you expound on this?

Old 11-16-2009, 08:21 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
A $300 billion deception
Yeah, the "doc fix" is a pretty much annual rotting corpse handed down to us by Newt Gingrich and the Republican Revolution.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:50 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times
Gotta give barry some props, it takes big nachos to stand in front of a camera and lie so expertly. I would think a liar would be somewhat embarrassed to stand if front of the nation and lie like he does, but it doesn't slow him down a bit. I guess so many years of practice make him an expert.
You can't blame him, that's the only way he can get past the people, and he still has a lot of people fooled. The people who still believe him and follow him should be embarrassed.. Ignorance is bliss..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies