Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 09:49 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Obsession? Believe me, if she would just go away and shut up, no one would ever mention her name again. Like most right-wingers, she's just not all that interesting. Shallow, self-absorbed, below average intellectually. There just isn't anything worth remembering about her...
Palin fends off ethics charges - Washington Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 06:54 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
If she were honest and good no one would dislike her.
Bull. The dems were attacking her prior to her saying a word. If you were honest and good you would tell the truth once in a while.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Had you bothered to read the NyTimes article you would have seen that there was more. Remember the bigger the lie the more people will believe it.
Which explains Obowma

Old 11-18-2009, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Obsession? Believe me, if she would just go away and shut up, no one would ever mention her name again. Like most right-wingers, she's just not all that interesting. Shallow, self-absorbed, below average intellectually. There just isn't anything worth remembering about her...
And yet you leftists keep obsessing about her. Another lie from the left.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:18 AM

[quote=aninaction;11662731]
Quote:
RELEVANT opinion

And of course it is you who decides what is revelant? What makes you qualified? Why do you pretend that this opinion of yours is not elitist? Your obvious (self proclaimed) superiority? Don't think so....

YOU CAN VOICE YOUR OPINION ALL YOU WANT, just don't expect me to take it seriously, unless you are talking about subjects you have formal expertise in.

Which is the reaction your opinions are generating from your posts.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:01 AM

161 posts, read 450,501 times
predos, ill repeat what i said on my last post: read careful over what ive said throughout this thread and youll find your answers clearly stated

if i remember correctly, i said that politics is a subject that i dont understand very well, since its incredibly complicated, and that i learn something new every day, politics is not my area of expertise, communication theory is, never did i say my political opinion is beyond question or that i am superior in any way shape or form.

do you guys seriously misread what other people say on purpose?

would you trust to have neurosurgery done by someone who had read the wikipedia page about the subject? no, you differ to someone with years of experience, education, and relevant opinion.

cut with the elitism talk, it makes you look like you celebrate ignorance

Old 11-18-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aninaction View Post
predos, ill repeat what i said on my last post: read careful over what ive said throughout this thread and youll find your answers clearly stated

if i remember correctly, i said that politics is a subject that i dont understand very well, since its incredibly complicated, and that i learn something new every day, politics is not my area of expertise, communication theory is, never did i say my political opinion is beyond question or that i am superior in any way shape or form.

do you guys seriously misread what other people say on purpose?

would you trust to have neurosurgery done by someone who had read the wikipedia page about the subject? no, you differ to someone with years of experience, education, and relevant opinion.

cut with the elitism talk, it makes you look like you celebrate ignorance
And you continue to insist that only you can say what a revelant opinion is, all the while admitting that you don't have one. And then try to cloud the issue with statements that have nothing to do with the discussion.

Do you seriously expect anyone to take what you say seriously? Just because the may have "years of experience" does not make their opinion any better or more revelant than anyone elses. Unless, that is, you are saying that experience equates to infallibilty. Now that would be a truly stupid stance to take. Maybe even celebrating youw own ignorance.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:42 AM

predos,

so you are saying that your opinion in neurosurgery is as equally as relevant as a neurosurgeons who went to school for 10 years to study the subject and who has preformed thousands of surgeries, and that also, we regular-folk can't tell you have no relevant opinion on the matter, even though by all indications you know absolutely nothing on the subject and cant even begin to tell us the first thing about neurosurgery? what leads you to believe you're opinion on the subject of neurosurgery carries any significance?

would you let the typical fifteen year old work on the engine of the jet you are going to take on your next flight or would you prefer to have trained mechanic with many years of service do it? why would you choose one over the other? are you an elitist?

what makes you believe that your political opinion, though you are free to voice it, is any good at problem-solving tough social, historical, and global issues?

Old 11-18-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aninaction View Post
predos,

Quote:
so you are saying that your opinion in neurosurgery is as equally as relevant as a neurosurgeons who went to school for 10 years to study the subject and who has preformed thousands of surgeries, and that also, we regular-folk can't tell you have no relevant opinion on the matter, even though by all indications you know absolutely nothing on the subject and cant even begin to tell us the first thing about neurosurgery? what leads you to believe you're opinion on the subject of neurosurgery carries any significance?
Still practicing deflection and dis-information? Or do you truly see no difference between medicine and politics? Rather uninformed of you so, according to you, not revelant to the discussion.

Quote:
would you let the typical fifteen year old work on the engine of the jet you are going to take on your next flight or would you prefer to have trained mechanic with many years of service do it? why would you choose one over the other? are you an elitist?
See above and double it.

Quote:
what makes you believe that your political opinion, though you are free to voice it, is any good at problem-solving tough social, historical, and global issues?

Why, the same thing that makes you think it. Or does your rationale only apply to those you agree with? Talk about being an elitist.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:34 AM

predo,

you are willfully ignoring my previous posts and it shows.

MY POLITICAL OPINIONS ARE NOT MUCH GOOD AT SOLVING TOUGH SOCIAL, HISTORICAL, AND GLOBAL ISSUES, because i only know a small bit about politics, and i learn something new every day

clearly, however, we can tell that sarah palin is just as ignorant, if not more so, about the political world as many of us are, and shes been in politics for 15 years. if i asked you about neurosurgery and you said, whats dat? we would assume no one would be letting you operate on them.

so ill ask again, what makes you believe that your political opinion, though you are free to voice it, is any good at problem-solving tough social, historical, and global issues? and what makes you think palin's is any good as well?

stop pretending that your parading of ignorance is anti-elitism, its not, you aren't against elitism, you are for ignorance

talk about being an ignorance-celebrator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies