Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 07:37 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,772,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Muslims have always hated Jews, for the same reasons that Christians (prior to this generation) did -- Jews threaten the legitimacy of their religion, which they hope to have supplant Judaism.

As for morality, well, if you ignore the honor killings and the stonings and the mass murders, I will concede that Muslims do live by a certain moral code that puts leftists to shame. The men aren't drunks or junkies, they marry their women and support their children, so they do have family values. They don't believe in being in debt and strive to be financially responsible. In general they are hard working people. They are committed to their religion, which requires discipline. It is no wonder that so many American women have flocked to become their wives -- a man who wants to have sex AFTER marriage and looks forward to having children is such an oddity in our "ME" generation of infantile boobish males.
You have some very romantic notions of muslims. Some of them are like that, but are not. Khat a stimulant drug is very common in the Islamic world. Heroin is widely available and used in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, etc. So is alcohol and pre-marital sex. Although I never heard a muslim admit it supposedly homosexuality is also very common, especially in Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, and Afghanistan. Their culture can be very tribal and violent. Unemployment rates are very high. I do know American women who have married Muslims, but I don't see them flocking over there. They prefer to have personal rights.

There are fundamentalist in America who would like to turn the USA into a Christian Taliban. I see Al Queda and the Taliban have some sympathizers in this forum. The difference between us and them is that we give you the freedom to express your fascist views, while over there they would kill you for dissent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 07:38 PM

403 posts, read 534,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Another love criminal spewing hate.
me spewing hate?
how?

Old 11-16-2009, 07:44 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,302,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love.doll View Post
me spewing hate?
how?

From exhalations derived from your screen motto - it's a gag.

I haven't been able to make my point very well about good intentions being questionable.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:59 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,056,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dawg View Post
Well the left will have you believe we're an imperialist nation, we support those evil Jews in Israel, we act unilaterally, etc etc, but that couldn't be farther from the truth...

The fact is, one upon a time, the United States of America was a center-right nation founded upon Judeo-Christian principles... Once upon a time, the US was a tolerant nation in which people were free to practice whichever religion they so chose, they were free to adhere to traditional values, and they were free to impart traditional values to their children. People needed not fear reproach for practicing traditional gender roles, traditional sexual orientation, openly practicing religion or adhering to strict moral values. Women exercised sexual restraint.

Things were all good and well until the left came along. Left wing activists and politicians, through vehicles such as the Secularist Movement and the Women's Movement, etc. have all contributed to the degeneration of the American society... We live in a society in which people act in their own self-interest and for the purpose of immediate gratification. We live in a world in which people are chastised for advocating or practicing traditional moral values and behaviors, because it's "politically incorrect". We live in a world where young women are encouraged to behave promiscuously and throw babies in dumpsters, and children are conditioned to emulate the lowest common denominator of society. Children are conditioned from a young age to embrace those who choose to exercise a sexually deviant lifestyle and shun those who adhere to tradition. Anybody who speaks out against this culture cultivated by the left is labeled a bigot of some sort.

Muslims who immigrate into this country reject this morally depraved society that's come to define us as a nation. They don't want their daughters to grow up to whores and junkies. They don't want their sons to grow up to be street thugs. They want their children to up to be moral and educated people who contribute to the advancement of society, not the degeneracy of society. They want their children to grow up in a tolerant nation where people of all creeds and religions, with all points of view are treated equally. The left has made the US a narrow-minded intolerant nation, much like they previously accomplished in Europe.

It is because this culture of degeneracy that Muslims hate us. They see this society we live in and it goes against all of their values. They resent us. Quite frankly, maybe if the left hadn't engineered this radical transformation of society to fit their political agendas, maybe just maybe 9/11 wouldn't have happened.
...when Native Americans defended their land and their lives...they were labeled as savages, murderers,...etc.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:44 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,563,080 times
Quote:
Women exercised sexual restraint.

Left wing activists and politicians, through vehicles such as the Secularist Movement and the Women's Movement, etc. have all contributed to the degeneration of the American society...

Why should only women exercise sexual restraint? Why don't you mention that MEN should as well?

Women's movement has contributed to degeneration of society? How? Do you prefer all women to just sit and listen to you "K Dawg"?

Shame on you. Your hatred of women and their freedom is disgusting.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:16 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,188,785 times
Israel was created as a country following WWII. (The history of how that came to be is lengthy.) The Palestinians, who had occupied that land for centuries, were just a tad ticked off about this and thousands became refugees in other countries in the region, notably Jordan, as thousands upon thousands of Jews emigrated to to the new country from all over the world, pushing the Palestinians further and further into smaller and smaller areas. Wars erupted from time to time, usually short lived, as Israel had the support of the US (we have given untold billions to Israel in foreign aid over the years) and the Israelis had the militant spirit of a newly formed nation bent on its own survival. Eventually, the Palestinian cause found sympathy from activists in the West and the pro-Palestinian movement began, gaining support from leaders and activists in many countries. In spite of peacemaking attempts from world leaders in recent years, the animosity between Jews and Muslims (which has existed for centuries) has not waned. Instead, it has grown in intensity, gaining the support of Muslims worldwide, as the mission of destroying Israel as a country and reclaiming it for the Palestinians has gained momentum over the years. Osama bin Laden has even said that the US has been targeted because of our unwavering support for Israel.

So......it boils down to one thing. Radical (and maybe some not-so-radical) Muslims hate us because of our unwavering support for Israel for the past 60 years and, more recently, for our military presence in the ME.

I have tried to confine my comments to the historical timeline and not be either left or right in telling them. These are just the historical facts. I've lived through all of them.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:29 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,538,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Why should only women exercise sexual restraint? Why don't you mention that MEN should as well?

Women's movement has contributed to degeneration of society? How? Do you prefer all women to just sit and listen to you "K Dawg"?

Shame on you. Your hatred of women and their freedom is disgusting.
YOU express 'disgust' for the poster's views....(K-dawg)...Muslims express 'disgust' for the liberal West. Your opinion does have some merit; so does K-dawg's; as a Westerner, I can see strengths and weaknesses in BOTH your arguments. Here in the West, though, our society is secular, and we may disagree vehemently, but few of us feel commanded by God to kill those who are "wrong". Islamic societies are FAR more intertwined with religion, even when they're 'secular'. Some are outright theocracies. Violate THEIR principles, and you're disobeying GOD.

Basically, as I've said repeatedly in MANY other posts, the problem boils down to culture. Hard-core religious fundamentalism, of ANY denomination, is simply incompatible with a free, multi-cultural society. Religions, and particularly, CULTURES, simply aren't compatible...at BEST, you may have a grudging 'truce', or simply agree to ignore each other...at WORST, though, cultural and religious conflicts can easily erupt into murderous violence. Fundamentalist Christians and Jews have mostly learned to 'adapt' to living in a secular society, among those they disagree with; fundamentalist Muslims, for the most part, have not.

BTW, many religious Christians express disgust for 'the liberal West', too....but they've learned that violence is not an acceptable remedy.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:34 PM

30,036 posts, read 18,623,673 times
Quote:
Well the left will have you believe we're an imperialist nation, we support those evil Jews in Israel, we act unilaterally, etc etc, but that couldn't be farther from the truth...

The fact is, one upon a time, the United States of America was a center-right nation founded upon Judeo-Christian principles... Once upon a time, the US was a tolerant nation in which people were free to practice whichever religion they so chose, they were free to adhere to traditional values, and they were free to impart traditional values to their children. People needed not fear reproach for practicing traditional gender roles, traditional sexual orientation, openly practicing religion or adhering to strict moral values. Women exercised sexual restraint.

Things were all good and well until the left came along. Left wing activists and politicians, through vehicles such as the Secularist Movement and the Women's Movement, etc. have all contributed to the degeneration of the American society... We live in a society in which people act in their own self-interest and for the purpose of immediate gratification. We live in a world in which people are chastised for advocating or practicing traditional moral values and behaviors, because it's "politically incorrect". We live in a world where young women are encouraged to behave promiscuously and throw babies in dumpsters, and children are conditioned to emulate the lowest common denominator of society. Children are conditioned from a young age to embrace those who choose to exercise a sexually deviant lifestyle and shun those who adhere to tradition. Anybody who speaks out against this culture cultivated by the left is labeled a bigot of some sort.

Muslims who immigrate into this country reject this morally depraved society that's come to define us as a nation. They don't want their daughters to grow up to whores and junkies. They don't want their sons to grow up to be street thugs. They want their children to up to be moral and educated people who contribute to the advancement of society, not the degeneracy of society. They want their children to grow up in a tolerant nation where people of all creeds and religions, with all points of view are treated equally. The left has made the US a narrow-minded intolerant nation, much like they previously accomplished in Europe.

It is because this culture of degeneracy that Muslims hate us. They see this society we live in and it goes against all of their values. They resent us. Quite frankly, maybe if the left hadn't engineered this radical transformation of society to fit their political agendas, maybe just maybe 9/11 wouldn't have happened.

Grow up moral and educated people. You mean the same "moral and educated people" that want civilization to turn back the clock to the dark ages and encourage beatings of women and honor killings? So much for the advancement of society. Can you tell me one scientific achievement from an Islamic nation in the last 1,000 years?

I think our culture left the savagery of what Islam has to sell over a thousand years ago.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:36 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,563,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
YOU express 'disgust' for the poster's views....(K-dawg)...Muslims express 'disgust' for the liberal West. Your opinion does have some merit; so does K-dawg's; as a Westerner, I can see strengths and weaknesses in BOTH your arguments. Here in the West, though, our society is secular, and we may disagree vehemently, but few of us feel commanded by God to kill those who are "wrong". Islamic societies are FAR more intertwined with religion, even when they're 'secular'. Some are outright theocracies. Violate THEIR principles, and you're disobeying GOD.

Basically, as I've said repeatedly in MANY other posts, the problem boils down to culture. Hard-core religious fundamentalism, of ANY denomination, is simply incompatible with a free, multi-cultural society. Religions, and particularly, CULTURES, simply aren't compatible...at BEST, you may have a grudging 'truce', or simply agree to ignore each other...at WORST, though, cultural and religious conflicts can easily erupt into murderous violence. Fundamentalist Christians and Jews have mostly learned to 'adapt' to living in a secular society, among those they disagree with; fundamentalist Muslims, for the most part, have not.
What do you mean 'disgust'? It is DISGUSTING what he said about women. Why shouldn't men also express sexual restraint? How in the hell did the Womens movement ruin our society? I love how "K-Dawg" did not come back to answer. We aren't some backwards Muslim country. Like or not, women can express themselves sexually and can hold careers.

I know Muslims are expressing disgust about the Liberal West. You seem to think I am a liberal who defends them nonstop. You are wrong. Wanna know what I think? I think that if they hate us and the USA so much, they are free to LEAVE and take their stupid JIHAD with them. They can kill each other. That is why I think that if they are coming here and KILLING us that they should be kicked out or just put to death. Bye bye.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:06 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,538,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
What do you mean 'disgust'? It is DISGUSTING what he said about women. Why shouldn't men also express sexual restraint? How in the hell did the Womens movement ruin our society? I love how "K-Dawg" did not come back to answer. We aren't some backwards Muslim country. Like or not, women can express themselves sexually and can hold careers.

I know Muslims are expressing disgust about the Liberal West. You seem to think I am a liberal who defends them nonstop. You are wrong. Wanna know what I think? I think that if they hate us and the USA so much, they are free to LEAVE and take their stupid JIHAD with them. They can kill each other. That is why I think that if they are coming here and KILLING us that they should be kicked out or just put to death. Bye bye.
..(sigh)....

thanks for your comments....

I sense a lot of anger in your post. Thankfully for me, it seems to be coming from you, and not from God...guess I'm safe for now.

With that, I'll wish you a pleasant 'good night'...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies