Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2009, 03:22 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,471,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
This may be going too far. A conservative group is now making tee shirts, teddy bears and bumber stickers that say "Pray for Obama Psalm 109:8"

Even if I didn't like Bush, I never wanted him to get violently murdered.

You gotta remember who you are dealing with. Look at what the Nazi's did between 1933 and 1945.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 03:22 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,325,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Show me the "Kill Bush" bumper stickers and t-shirts. Your photoshopped protest signs are unconvincing, to say the least.
I have never in my life seen a person with a "Kill Bush" t-shirt or bumper sticker.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:26 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,466,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I have never in my life seen a person with a "Kill Bush" t-shirt or bumper sticker.

Exactly.

You can buy the t-shirts and bumper stickers for the "Obama prayer" though.

Biblical anti-Obama slogan: Use of Psalm 109:8 funny or sinister? | csmonitor.com

There’s a new slogan making its way onto car bumpers and across the Internet. It reads simply: “Pray for Obama: Psalm 109:8”

Old 11-18-2009, 03:35 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,617,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
But these are not Christians if they are not doing what Christ would do. Would Christ do the things that these nutters are putting out there??
No!
They are quoting the the Christian book "The Bible."

Old 11-18-2009, 03:40 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,764,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
I don't see anything in that scripture that says "Obama will be murdered".

Those of you who are believing this better take a look at what the bible says will take place when people start to do false analyzations of the bible & also make up false stories.

You all better read II Peter chapter 2.
2 Peter 2 - Passage*Lookup - English Standard Version - BibleGateway.com

It mentions that when all of these false teachings & analyzations start to occur that there will be a destruction.
It also mentions that these false teachers will bring distruction among themselves & others.
1. II Peter 2 verse 1-3:The description of false teachers
2 Peter 2:1-3 - Passage*Lookup - English Standard Version - BibleGateway.com

Maybe some people need to cleanse their heads before reading the word & also try not to analyze based on their own feelings & wishes.

Also, before stirring up divisions & confusions, please try reading Romans 16:17.
Romans 16:17 - Passage*Lookup - English Standard Version - BibleGateway.com
... or maybe someone should read the verse in context. You know how God feels (according to your own post above) about false statements. Taking a verse out of context is doing just that. In context, the verse is part of a passage talking about the death of an opposed leader.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:53 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,753,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
You're wrong, nowhere in the Bible does it say to SUBMIT to our leaders as in the POTUS. BTW, God didn't put Obama in office. I think you're a bit over the top.
Here you are. Now you can say you learned something today!

1 Peter 2:13-17 (New International Version)

Submission to Rulers and Masters

13Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king, as the supreme authority, 14or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. 15For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men. 16Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God. 17Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:02 PM

39,031 posts, read 22,983,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
It's a bunch of BS. New King James Version is a modern revision, what you quoted does not exist in other versions. God didn't appoint BO as president. Besides, you believe that you should just follow their lead even if they're leading you off of a cliff? I don't think so, that's called brainwashing or a lemming or a sheep.
I could quote the scriptures from the King James or any other version if you'd like. I have done a detailed Bible study on this very topic. God's authority is higher so if a leader instructs you to do something that is contrary to the Word of God, then we do not obey that command but we are to maintain a respect (submissive) attitude towards our leaders in the process. Read the book of Daniel and notice how he addresses the king Nebuchadezzar (sp?) when he does not obey the king's command. Contrast that attitude with all of this "conservative" rhetoric against Obama. Submission and obedience are two separate concepts: obedience is outward response and submission is an attitude of the heart. Since God is ultimately in control, Obama could not have gained the presidency unless God allowed it. All authority comes from God.

Check out "Under Cover" from John Bevere which covers this topic more in depth.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I would like to know WHO these "Christians" are that are "praying for the demise of Obama". I haven't heard of any voices being raised to the heavens that Obama should die and if there were any, I would bet the farm that Katie Couric, et al would let us know post haste. I grant there could be some who would not mourn his death but it is too much of a stretch to say that anyone (Christian or otherwise) who has the bumper sticker about Psalm 109:8 on their cars is praying that he soon dies. That's pure assumption and an outrageous one, at that.
There was a pastor (I believe in Buena Park, California) who advocated for praying for the death of Obama. There was a thread about this a while back which linked to an article about this. Can't recall the pastor's name though.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
But in our form of self-governance, we are those people. The ones in office work for us. In these United states there is no higher office than "we the people".
I realize that Mo, but our president is our leader whether we personally voted him in or not. The Bible is very clear on submitting to the authorities over us. I realize not everyone on here are Christians so my post is aimed at those who go by the Bible's authority.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:09 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,874,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
It's disgusting that people who would wear a T-shirt with that implied message on it are calling themselves Christians.
Was it disgusting when the shirt had Bush instead of obama?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies